Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[1. Call To Order]

[00:00:05]

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: I'M GOING TO CALL THE MONDAY, JANUARY 13TH MEETING OF THE WORTHINGTON CITY COUNCIL TO ORDER.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: MS. THE SS, WILL YOU PLEASE CALL THE ROLL?

>> PRO TEM S. MYERS: HERE. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: HERE.

WILL EVERYONE PLEASE RISE FOR THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG?

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: I SEE WE HAVE A SCOUT TROOP FROM SAINT MICHAELS IN THE BACK HERE TODAY. WE WANT TO WELCOME YOU.

WHAT KIND OF BADGE ARE YOU WORKING ON?

>>

>> VERY WELCOME. WE APPRECIATE IT.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, IF YOU AREN'T FOLLOWING SOMETHING, RAISE YOUR HAND. IF THERE IS SOMETHING I THINK WE CAN ADD EXPLANATION TO MAKE IT BETTER, WE WILL LET YOU KNOW.

WELCOME TO THE MEETING AND STAY AS LONG AS YOU LIKE.

IF IT GETS A LITTLE LONG, I UNDERSTAND THE YOUNG GUYS MIGHT NEED TO GO HOME FOR SCHOOL. YOU ARE WELCOME TO STAY FOR AS

[4. Visitor Comments]

LONG AS YOU LIKE. VISITOR COMMENTS.

MR. MICHAEL BATES. >> MICHAEL BATES, 6560 EVENING STREET. I WANTED TO TAKE A MOMENT TO COMPLIMENT THE MEETING FOR THE LAST THURSDAY NIGHT DISCUSSING STAFFORD VILLAGE REDEVELOPMENT. I THOUGHT MICHAEL COULTER DID AN EXCELLENT JOB OF FACILITATING AND THE PRO AND FOR COMMENTS WERE DONE IN A CIVILIZED MANNER. I WANTED TO PUBLICLY COMMENT THE COMMISSION. THANK YOU.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: THANK YOU FOR COMING FORWARD AND DOING THAT. WE APPRECIATE THAT.

>> PRO TEM S. MYERS: IF I COULD COMMENT ON IT BRIEFLY.

I WANT TO THANK YOU THE AUDIENCE MEMBERS FOR ACTING WITH DECORUM AND PROFESSIONALISM. IT WAS A VERY WELL BEHAVIORED CROWD. I THINK THE COMMENTS WERE LUCID, AND ON POINT. AND NOT NECESSARILY DUPLICATIVE AS IN THE PAST. THERE WAS NO CHEERING, APPLAUDING OR BOOING. FOR THAT, I THANK THE AUDIENCE

IMMENSELY. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: WE'RE

[5.A. Metropolitan Transportation Plan]

GOING TO START WHERE A SPECIAL PRESENTATION OF THE METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION PLAN. MR. GREESON.

>> M. GREESON: PRESIDENT MICH AEL, MEMBERS OF COUNCIL, I WANTED TO INTRODUCE THEA WALSH, THE DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION AND WE'RE PLEASED TO HAVE HER THIS EVENING.

THEY REQUESTED THE OPPORTUNITY TO TALK A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION PLAN.

BECAUSE IT'S THAT TIME IN THE LIFE OF THEIR PLANNING PROCESS WHERE THEY ARE REACHING OUT TO COMMUNITIES TO DO SO.

BEFORE MS. WALSH GETS STARTED I WANT TO EXPRESS KUDOS TO HER.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW HER, SHE AND HER TIME ARE THE REGION'S SECRET TRANSPORTATION WEAPONS N MY OPINION.

THEY HAVE BEEN THE BEHIND THE SCENES PEOPLE TO PURSUE HYPERLOOP, WORKED WITH CODA TO DO THE DOWNTOWN COMMUTER BUS PROGRAM IN DOWNTOWN COLUMBUS AND THE TECHNICAL PEOPLE SUPPORTING INITIATIVES IN HE COLUMBUS REGION, THE SMART TRANSPORTATION CORRIDOR ON 33 AND ALL KINDS OF OTHER THINGS.

I DON'T THINK THEY GET ENOUGH CREDIT FRACTURE THE WORK THEY DO BEHIND THE SCENES. ALONG WITH THAT, THEY DO THEIR DAY JOB, TO MANAGE, HAT IS IT IT? ABOUT $40 MILLION, OF FEDERAL FUNDS THAT COME INTO OUR REGION AND DEVELOP THE LONG-TERM PLANS YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS EVENING. I'M GOING TO TURN IT OVER TO MS. AND WE'LL BE EXCITED TO HEAR HER PRESENTATION.

>> THANK YOU, MANAGER GREESON. AND THANK YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO PRESENT, PRESIDENT MICHAEL.

SO AS YOU MENTION, THEA WALSH WITH THE TRANSPORTATION DIRECTOR AT THE MID-OHIO REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION.

HERE TO SPEAK ABOUT THE METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION PLAN. AT MORPC, I HAVE TO LET YOU KNOW WHAT MORPC IS SO EVERYBODY IN THE AUDIENCE UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS MULTIPLE FORMS OF GOVERNMENT IN THE REGION.

IN ADDITION TO CITIES AND COUNTIES AND TOWNSHIPS, THERE IS REGIONAL GOVERNMENTS AND REGIONAL GOVERNMENT, WE DON'T

[00:05:02]

NECESSARILY HAVE A JURISDICTION RESPONSIBILITY QUITE LIKE A CITY OR A COUNTY. BUT WE DO A NUMBER OF THINGS TO HELP BRING ADDITIONAL INCENTIVES OR DOLLARS BACK TO THE REGION, THROUGH TRANSPORTATION THROUGH FEDERAL FUNDS.

WE DO TRANSPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT, WHICH I THINK IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE DO.

BUT WE HAVE OTHER GREAT TOOLS THAT WE HELP OUR MEMBERS WITH, WHO ARE OUR CITIES AND COUNTIES AND TOWNSHIPS AS WELL AS PLANNING AND SUSTAINABILITY. SO THINGS LIKE WATER QUALITY AND BIKE TRAILS. WE DO DATA AND MAPPING.

SO A NUMBER OF THINGS WE LEARN ABOUT THE REGION COME THROUGH DEMOGRAPHICS AND COUNTING THE PEOPLE AND DOLLARS THAT COME TO THE REGION AND TELL US HOW WE'RE GROWING.

SO THAT'S THE INFORMATION WE DO IN DATA MAPPING.

WE PROVIDE RESIDENTIAL SERVICES TO FOLKS WHO NEED HELP WITH THEIR HOMES, WEATHERIZING HOMES, WHO HAVE LOWER INCOME THAN OTHERS. WE HAVE A GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS TEAM WHO WORKS ON BEHALF OF THE MEMBERS.

TO NOTIFY YOU BOTH OF THINGS GOING ON AT OUR STATE HOUSE AND THEN TO NOTIFY THE STATE HOUSE OF THE DESIRES OF OUR MEMBERS.

AS WELL AS THOSE IN CONGRESS. LASTLY, WE HAVE A COMMUNICATIONS ENGAGEMENT TEAM THAT REACHES OUT TO CITIZENS TO TELL THEM WHAT WE'RE DOING AND MAYBE WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND HOW WE'RE WORKING TOGETHER. AND HOW WE CAN BE MOST INCLUSIVE IN OUR PLANNING PRACTICES. EVERY FOUR YEARS WE DO A METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION PLAN, ONE OF THREE REQUIREMENTS WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO RECEIVE THE $40 MILLION.

THREE THINGS WE MUST DO A PLANNING WORK PROGRAM WE HAVE TO SAY WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO ON A STAFF LEVEL.

AVENUE TWO YEARS, A TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM WHERE WE APPLY DOLLARS. THE METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION PLAN IS SOMETHING WE UPDATE EVERY FOUR YEARS FOR A 20 YEAR OR MORE HORIZON. NOT THE ACTUALLY ALLOCATION BUT HOW WE'RE PLANNING IT OUT OVER TIME.

IN BEST PRACTICE, SOMETHING MOVES FROM THE LONG RANGE PLAN TO THE TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PLAN.

THINGS WE'RE TALKING ABOUT TODAY IN THE METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION PLAN, COULD BE AS MUCH AS 20 YEARS AWAY IN ITS PLANNING PROCESS. IN ORDER FOR US TO PLAN IN THE DOLLARS TO COME IN THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF TIME, THAT'S WHAT WE DO. WHEN I TALK ABOUT HYPERLOOP, I'M LIKE, THAT WILL MAYBE OUT BY 2050, WE'LL WE REACHING CHICAGO OR ITTSBURGH. THAT'S SO NA FAR AWAY.

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT PROJECTS LIKE HIGHWAY CORRIDORS AND TRANSIT LINES TODAY THAT WON'T HAPPEN DURING THAT AMOUNT OF TIME EITHER. SO THAT'S THE WAY TRANSPORTATION IS PLANNED BECAUSE IT TAKES A A LOT OF MONEY TO MAKE THOSE THINGS HAPPEN. ONE OF THE THINGS WE HAVE TO B BE IS BE FISCALLY RESTRAINED. NOT ONLY ACCOUNT FOR EVERY FEDERAL DOLLAR DURING THAT 20 PLUS YEAR HORIZON, WE ACCOUNT FOR THE DOLLARS YOU WOULD SPEND, THE CITY OF COLUMBUS AND THAT HELPS US COME TO A FEASIBLE NUMBER FOR THE DOLLARS WE'RE GOING TO SPEND ON TRANSPORTATION CORRIDORS DURING THAT TIME.

LAST TIME WE DID THE LONG RANGE PLAN IT WAS A HORIZON OF 2040, THAT WAS $20 BILLION OVER A 0 YEAR PERIOD.

AS WE TOLD YOU WE ONLY GET ABOUT 40 MILLION OF THAT AT MORPC.

WHICH DOES THE APPROXIMATELY 1 BILLION A YEAR COME FROM? EVERYONE ELSE IN THE REGION. WE FILE THIS WITH O.D.O.T. AND U.S. D.O.T. EVERY FOUR YEARS, THAT'S HAPPENING THIS MAY.

OUR METROPOLITAN AREA, MORPC IS A 15-COUNTY REGION.

WE WORK WITH MANY OF THE COUNTIES IN THE REGION.

WHEN IT COMES TO METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION MAN PLANNING, WEE ONLY THIS AREA ON THE MAP, DELAWARE COUNTY, FRANKLIN COUNTY, UNION COUNTY, DURHAM TOWNSHIP, A COUPLE AREAS IN LICKING COUNTY AND DOWN INTO FAIRFIELD COUNTY.

WHAT THIS BASICALLY REPRESENTS IS WHERE A MAJORITY OF THE CITIZENS LIVE. WE HAVE TO HAVE A CERTAIN DENSITY TO QUALIFY AND THAT'S WHAT THAT IS MADE UP OF, BASED ON EVERY 10 YEAR CENSUS. WHY IS IT IMPORTANT? EVERY FOUR YEARS WE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE DEMOGRAPHIC CHANGES, THE PREFERENCES. WE'RE EVOLVING TO A COMMUNITY THAT FOCUSES A LITTLE LESS ON CAR TRAVEL, HAVING IMENTIES LIKE BIKE TRAILS AND CODA ARE IMPORTANT.

[00:10:03]

C.O.T.A. -- SO WE CAN LAN IN THE FUTURE AND UPDATE THAT REGULARLY. AND THEN, OUR DEMAND ON SYSTEM IS PRETTY SIGNIFICANT IN CHANGING OVER TIME WITH THOSE CHANGES. AND IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO RECEIVE FEDERAL FUNDS HAS TO BE GOING THROUGH THIS FEDERAL PLANNING PROCESSES. THINGS WE NOTED IN THE CURRENT FORECAST FOR THE FUTURE, I'M SURE MANAGER GREESON, YOU HAVE SHARED WITH THEM, INSIGHT 2050 AND THE GROWTH IN THIS REGION.

WE EXPECT BY 2050 BE A REGION OF AROUND 3 MILLION PEOPLE, ALLEGE ADDITIONAL MILLION MORE PEOPLE IN CENTRAL OHIO.

AND SO IN THIS PLANNING AREA OF JUST THE MPO AREA AS I REFER TO IT AS, IS GOING TO JUMP BY 622,000, BUT KEEP IN MIND, WHEN I TALK ABOUT THE GREATER REGION OF 15, THAT'S WHERE THAT WHOLE MILLION COMES FROM. WE'LL SEE ANOTHER 244,000 HOUSEHOLDS COME. AND ANOTHER 290,000 JOBS.

THAT'S WHAT WE'RE ESTIMATING BASED ON WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE GROWTH CURRENTLY AND WHAT WE'RE SEEING COMING FOR THE FUTURE.

SOME OF THE PREFERENCES BASED ON THAT, SMALLER HOMES, WALKABILITY, HAVING AMENITIES, MORE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE ABLE TO WORK FROM HOME. SO HAVING THOSE AMENITIES YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PICK YOUR LOCATION TO LIVE MORE ABOUT WHERE YOU WENT TO LIVE AND LESS ABOUT WHERE YOU NEED TO WEEK IN THE FUTURE. TAKING THAT INTO ACCOUNT, AN AN ATTRACTIVE COMMUNITY IS IMPORTANT.

HAVING MOBILE OPTIONS FOR YOUNGER FOLKS, FOLKS AGING AND PEOPLE WHO CAN'T DRIVE. BECOMING MORE AND MORE OF A FACTOR. AND SO WE'RE TAKING THAT INTO ACCOUNT. THERE IS A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF MODELING THAT GOES INTO THE PLAN.

AND SO THINKING ABOUT THE AGE OF SOMEBODY BEING MOBILE IN THE SYSTEM AND INTO THE FUTURE, AS WE'RE PLANNING FOR THE NEXT MODELS. I MEAN, RIGHT NOW WE ASSUME IS DRIVER IS AT LEAST 16-YEAR-OLD, WE MAY BE ABLE TO ASSUME THEY ARE 8-YEAR-OLD WITH AN AUTONOMOUS VEHICLE.

THINGS LIKE THAT IMPACT OUR MODEL.

THINK ABOUT WHAT THAT WILL MEAN FOR US.

AND THEN OF COURSE GREEN SPACE. AND PRESERVING THAT AND ENSURING WE HAVE PLACES FOR THE FUTURE OF DEVELOPMENT AND ALSO THE FUTURE USE OF ALL OF OUR CITIZENS. SO ONE OF THE THINGS THAT WE DO OR START WITH IN THE METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION PLAN IS GOALS. I'M NOT GOING TO READ THEM ALL BUT BASICALLY FOCUSED ON ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND UTILIZING ALTERNATIVE FUELS WHEN AVAILABLE, NATURAL RESOURCES AND MITIGATING INFRASTRUCTURE VULNERABLES ON THE ECOSYSTEM.

POSITIONS THE REGION FOR ECONOMIC GROWTH.

CREATING SUSTAINABLE NEIGHBORHOODS, INCREASING COLLABORATION, WORKING BETWEEN COMMUNITIES TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN LIKE YOU HAVE DONE ITH THE NORTH EASTERN GATEWAY.

AND PUBLIC INVESTMENTS TO BENEFIT THE HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELFARE TO HAVE THE PEOPLE IN OUR REGION.

SO THERE IS A NUMBER OF PIECES TO THE PROCESS.

BUT THIS IS A VERY SIMPLE OUTLINE TO THAT.

AND WE HAVE INPUTS. WE TAKE ALL THE LOCAL PLANS OF CITIES, COUNTIES, TOWNSHIPS, AND BRING ALL THAT TOGETHER.

WE LOOK AT ALL THE DATA FROM GROWTH IN PEOPLE, GROWTH IN BUSINESS. DEVELOPMENT OF LAND OVER A FOUR-YEAR PERIOD FOR THE UPDATE. PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT.

WE TALK TO HE PUBLIC AND SAY, WHAT DO YOU THINK A PROJECT NEEDS TO GO. AND ALSO SET UP THE GOALS AND OBJEOBJECTIVES AND TARGETS FOR T TIMEFRAME.

AND WE DO THAT ITH OUR COMMISSION.

WHICH YOU ARE REPRESENTED ON BY A NUMBER OF PEOPLE I SEE IN THE ROOM. SO AND THEN WE CONTINUOUSLY LOOK AT AND EVALUATE THOSE PROJECTS. LOOK AT FISCAL ANALYSIS AND THE IMPACT THAT A PROJECT MAY HAVE. SO THE GREATER T THE IMPACT ON A NUMBER OF THOSE FACTORS, THE MOST LIKELY IT IS WE COULD BE ABLE TO DO IT. AND REGIONAL STRATEGIES.

WE COME UP WITH STRATEGIES BASED ON THAT ON HOW WE'RE GOING TO PRIORITIZE THINGS THE BEST, PRIORITIZE THE PROJECT AND DOCUMENT THAT. AND IT'S HAD A FUN FEDERAL PROCESS. SO MOVING ONTO STRATEGY AND PROJECT IDENTIFICATION. MOST SUGGESTED PROJECT TYPES IN THE REGION WHERE WE GET THE MOST COMMENTS ARE BIKE AND PED PROJECTS. PEOPLE CARE AND SPEAK OUT THE MOST ABOUT BIKE AND PED PROJECTS.

DOESN'T MEAN THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE OTHER THINGS, IT JUST

[00:15:01]

SEEMS LIKE THE MOST OUT SPOKEN GROUP HAPPENS TO BE VERY INTERESTED IN THAT. IT'S AN IMPORTANT AMENITY OF AN UPWARDLY MOBILE COMMUNITY. HERE OTHER SUGGESTIONS, TRANSIT, MODIFICATIONS, NEW ROADWAYS, ALL THE WAY TO CONVERTING A FREEWAY.

THINGS WE HAVE TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT IS MANAGING THE SYSTEM.

AND THAT'S PRESERVING WHAT WE HAVE AND THE DEMAND ON IT.

DEVELOPING THE SYSTEM. SO CREATING THOSE NEW LANES WHEN APPROPRIATE. ALTHOUGH, THAT IS HARD TO DO AS LAND BECOMES TIGHTER AND TIGHTER. SORRY, I FLEW THROUGH THAT. WE LOOK AT A NUMBER OF ROAD, TR, FREIGHT AND MULTIMODAL. RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO TELL YOU WE'RE OING THROUGH THE PROCESS AND PLANNING A PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE FEBRUARY 26TH AT MORPC. TRYING TO ENCOURAGE AS MANY CITIZENS TO COME TO MORPC DURING THAT TIME.

WE'LL HAVE A PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD OPEN ALL THE WAY THROUGH APRIL 3RD WHERE CITIZENS CAN LITERALLY TELL US ABOUT THE PROJECTS THEY WANT TO SEE HAPPEN AND GIVE US FEEDBACK.

WE DID ONE WHERE CITIZENS COULD GO ON THE PROJECT AND DRAW THEIR PROJECTS IN. THAT'S ACTUALLY OUT THERE.

AND THAT WILL BE SOMETHING THEN WE RAN THROUGH THIS PROCESS AND LOOKED TO SEE HOW FISCALLY FEASIBLE AND PEOPLE CAN REACT.

YOU CAN COME AND SAY, I REALLY WANT THAT OR NO I DON'T WANT THAT AND THAT'S FINE TOO. AND WE'LL PULL THAT TOGETHER.

AND THAT WILL BECOME THE PLAN E BRING FORWARD TO THE MORPC COMMISSION MAY 2020 FOR PLAN ADOPTION.

SO THAT'S WHAT I'M HERE O SHARE.

WHAT I CAN DO, ALL PROJECTS THAT IMPACT THE WORTHINGTON AREA, WE'RE DURING AN EVALUATION OF ALL THE PROJECTS IN THE PLAN, BUT AS SOON AS WE CAN FORWARD THEM TO THE CITY MANAGER SO YOU HAVE THAT IN ADVANCE OF THE PUBLIC MEETING IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU WANT TO COME OR SHARE WITH CITIZENS IN ADVANCE OF HAT MEETING. THAT'S PRETTY MUCH IT. I HAVE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION UP THERE. SOME CONTACTS IF SOMEBODY WANTS TO EMAIL US OR ASK QUESTIONS. IF NOT, I AM THEA WALSH AND PROJECT LEAD IS MARIE SHEPHERD. AND WE'LL GLADLY ASSIST YOU WITH QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT TRANSPORTATION PLANNING IN THE REGION. THANK YOU.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: QUESTI? >> I HEARD YOU SAID THERE WAS A LOT OF COMMENTS FOR BIKE AND PED HAD THE MOST.

WHAT PERCENTAGE OF FUNDING DO THEY GET?

>> IT'S A MUCH SMALLER PERCENTAGE OF FUNDING, SOMEWHERE IN THE 2 TO 10% RANGE OVER THE COURSE OF ANY PLAN.

WHAT I CAN SAY ABOUT THAT IS WE DO HAVE A COMPLETE STREETS POLICY IN CENTRAL OHIO. OVER THE COURSE OF THE LAST COUPLE LONG RANGE PLANS AND 24 REASON WE HAVE SEEN THE NUMBER GO DOWN, BIKE AND PED IS INCORPORATED INTO OTHER PROJECT TYPES AS A GIVEN, AS A PART OF THE PROJECT, WHICH IS ACTUALLY THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HAVE ITS ONLY STAND ALONE CATEGORY IT'S IT'S A STAND ALONE FACILITY.

>> ANY DATA REDUCING STREET FATALITIES? THERE IS A LOT OF ITEMS ABOUT CRASHES FROM POLICE CHASES AND KILLING THEM, PEOPLE WALKING ON THE SIDE OF THE STREET WHERE THERE IS NO PEDESTRIAN ACCESS. A LITTLE GIRL WAITING FOR A BUS FOR BEING PICKED UP FOR SCHOOL. THESE ARE THE MOST VULNERABLE PEOPLE, THE PEDESTRIANS AND BICYCLISTS.

WHAT ARE WE DOING TO PREVENT DEATHS?

>> THANK YOU FOR ASKING, COUNCIL PERSON DOROTHY.

WE HAVE A FOCUSED LIST OF ACCIDENT-PRONE AREAS OR WHERE THERE HAS BEEN FATALITIES EVERY YEAR.

THERE IS A SPECIAL FUNDING POT AT THE OHIO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION THAT SHOULD A PROJECT SCORE OR HAVE A METRIC BASED ON SOME OF THESE HORRIBLE ACCIDENTS, THAT'S HIGHER THAN OTHERS OR HIGHER RISK, THEY ACTUALLY SUIT THAT CATEGORY FOR US TO GO AFTER THOSE DOLLARS. THAT'S MORE OF A KIND OF BEHIND, I WOULD SAY, AFTER THE FACT. IN ADVANCE OF THAT, WE ENCOURAGE

[00:20:06]

ENGENGINEERING THAT FOR INSTANCE ENSURING THERE IS BIKEWAYS OR WALKWAYS AS PART OF PROJECTS WHEN POSSIBLE.

AND WORK WITH COMMUNITIES TO CREATE THEIR OWN BIKE AND PED PLANS TO HELP REATE THOSE SAFE ENVIRONMENTS.

I BELIEVE WE DID THAT WITH WORTHINGTON.

IT'S KIND OF A MULTIPHASED APPROACH.

NO PERFECT RECIPE. BUT WE'RE TRYING OUR HAR HA HARO

PREVENT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. >> R. DOROTHY: I DO TRAVEL BY MYSELF IN A CAR. OCCASIONALLY I BIKE TO WORK.

I SEE PEOPLE WALKING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD TO GET TO BUS STOPS WITH NO SHELTER. I SEE PEOPLE WALK TO THE FOOD PANTRY WITH NO PEDESTRIAN ACCESS, BUT PEOPLE ARE STILL WALKING. IT'S SOMETHING WE NEED TO ADDRESS. WE ARE FINALLY REALIZING IN THE PLANNING DOCUMENTS IT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED.

BUT IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN SOONER RATHER THAN LATER.

THE CRASHES AND DEATHS ARE UNACCEPTABLE.

IT'S NOT A COST OF DOING BUSINESS WE SHOULD ACCEPT 40,000 DEATHS A EYEAR FROM VEHICLE CRASHES, A YEAR IN THE UNITED

STATES. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL:

>> FIRST, IN TERMS OF FOLLOWING ALONG WITH MS. DOROTHY'S QUESTIONS, I'M INTERESTED IN THE RELATIONSHIP OF THIS PLAN AND SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL. ANY INTERSECTION IN THE PLANNING YOU ARE DOING AND HOW SCHOOL DISTRICTS AND CITIES LOOKING AT

THE FUNDING AVAILABLE FOR THAT? >> YEAH, SO THE SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL PROGRAM IS A FEDERALLY FUNDED PROGRAM.

THOSE DOLLARS WOULD BE SPENT IN OUR REGION DURING THAT TIME TIMEFRAME. THAT IS PART OF MIX.

THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH. IT'S A EXECUTIVE PROCESS AND LOCALLY DRIVEN. I'VE HELPED APPLICANTS IN THE PAST WHENEVER I WAS A LOWER LEVEL PLANNING POSITION IN ANOTHER REGION KIND OF WALK THROUGH THAT PROCESS.

AND IT REALLY DEPENDS ON THE P.T.A. AND SCHOOL DISTRICT AND EVERYONE BEING IN LIGNMENT. IT'S AN OPPORTUNITY.

WE ACTUALLY FOR OUR M.P.O. AREA, WE WENT BEYOND THAT AND WE HAVE A SIDEWALK INVENTORY. WE KNOW WHERE SIDEWALKS ARE MISSING. WE HAVE A LOT OF TOOLS WE CAN HELP A SCHOOL DISTRICT WHO IS VERY ENGAGED THAT MAYBE ANOTHER REGION WOULDN'T HAVE. SO WE'RE ALWAYS WILLING TO COME TO THE TABLE ON SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

SO THAT'S KIND OF THE SHORT TERM.

BUT THE LONG TERM WE'VE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL FUNDS AND HELPING COMMUNITIES WITH POLICIES ON THAT FACTOR TOO. THANKS.

>> B. KOWALCZYK: MY NEXT QUESTION IS FOR MR. GREESON.

DOES THE CITY PLAN TO SUBMIT COMMENTS?

>> M. GREESON: THEY WILL HAVE CAPTURED AND LOOK AT MOST OF OUR PLANNING DOCUMENTS. SO RECOMMENDATIONS FOR INSTANCE IN THE BIKE/PED PLAN OR ANY OTHER TRANSPORTATION PLANS WE'VE DONE FOR INSTANCE 161 OR POTENTIALLY OUR COMPREHENSIVE PLAN. AN EXAMPLE IS THE NORTHEAST GATEWAY, IT ONCE AS IN THE METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION PLAN AND MADE ITS WAY INTO THE T.I.F., THE TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. T.I.P.

WE'LL LOOK AND SEE HOW MUCH, WHETHER OUR PLANS HAVE BEEN CAPTURED. AND WHAT OUR CITIZENS ARE SAYING TO MORPC ABOUT -- BECAUSE SOMETIMES THEY SAY IT DIRECTLY TO MORPC AND NOT US. I THINK THE ONE IN PARTICULAR THAT HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO MOVE FROM THE MTP TO THE T.I.P. IS IMPROVEMENTS TO 161. WE'LL HAVE CONVERSATIONS WITH OUR PARTNERS ABOUT THAT THIS SPRING.

>> THANK YOU FOR THE PRESENTATION AND THE WORK THAT MORPC DOES FOR THE REGION. I KNOW THE PROCESS IS STARTING BUT BASED ON YOUR WORK WITH OTHER COMMUNITIES IN THE REGION, DO YOU SEE ANYTHING LARGER TRANSPORTATION WISE, LIGHT RAIL OR ANYTHING BEING OF INTEREST FOR COMMUNITIES AS WE SEE THE

ROROUGHLY 600,000 PLUS GROWTH? >> YEAH.

THAT'S A REALLY GOOD QUESTION LOADED WITH THE TRANSIT COMPONENT. I DEFINITELY AS I'VE COME OUT TO THESE MEETINGS, I DID A FEW AT THE END OF DECEMBER AND ALMOST

[00:25:02]

EVERY MEETING SOMEONE ASKED ABOUT LIGHT RAIL, BUS RAPID TRANSITED, IMPROVED TRANSIT SERVICE.

BASICALLY MODES YOU DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE.

WE HAVE BEEN DOING A -- WE DID A CORRIDOR OF FIVE MAJOR CORRIDORS IN CENTRAL OHIO AND WORKING TO ADVANCE THAT WITH C.O.T.A.

THE CITY AND C.O.T.A. TOOK ON THE NORTHWEST CORRIDOR OUT F THAT. LARGELY BECAUSE THAT IS THE MOST COMPLEX. I WILL SAY THAT FIVE CORRIDORS HAS GROWN TO EIGHT NOW OF INTEREST IN THE REGION FOR C.O.T.A. AND THE CITY OF COLUMBUS AND HOW THAT BRANCHES OUT. SO THERE IS A CONTINUOUS FLOW OF CONVERSATION ON THAT. AND SOME FEDERAL APPLICATIONS ARE COMING AVAILABLE FOR MAJOR PROJECT AWARDS.

I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF WE DON'T SEE THESE PROJECTS JUMP TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE FOR FUNDING THIS YEAR FOR -- WHEN I SAY MAJOR AWARDS, THEY DON'T COME THROUGH MORPC, WE COMPETE AGAINST THE ENTIRE NATION FOR THEM.

I THINK WE'RE POISED TO MAKE THE ARGUMENT FOR WHY WE NEED IT, WHY IT WOULD BE A GOOD USE OF TAXPAYER DOLLARS AND THE BEST USE HERE IN CENTRAL OHIO AS IT WOULD HAVE A GOOD IMPACT, CO COST-BENEFIT ANALYSIS. WE'RE READY TO TAKE THAT ON.

>> P. BUCHER: THAT IS EXCITING. THANK YOU.

>> M. GREESON: HIGH STREET WAS NOT ONE OF THOSE FIVE CORRIDORS.

AT SOME POINT IN TIME, THE QUESTION WE'LL WHETHER COLUMBUS, WORTHINGTON, WANT TO STUDY AS A POTENTIAL FOR NON-ALTERNATIVE FORMS OF TRANSPORTATION OR WHAT YOU MIGHT CONSIDER HIGHER CAPACITY FORMS OF TRANSPORTATION.

>> YEAH, ALTHOUGH IT WASN'T STUDIED, I BELIEVE IT WAS IN THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF EVERYONE, 2N NECESSARILY MISSED.

BUT IT'S SUCH A FRONT RUNNER FOR A LOT OF THOSE OPPORTUNITIES.

I FEEL LIKE 161. THERE IS LOT OF EAST/WEST MOVEMENT ON THE NORTH SIDE. A NUMBER OF CITY MANAGERS HAVE TALKED ABOUT THOSE CONNECTIONS AND WE'VE BEEN DOING RESEARCH AROUND HOW TO SUPPORT A FUTURE APPLICATION FOR FUNDING ON 161

AS WELL. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: THANK YOU VERY MUCH. WE APPRECIATE YOU COMING.

VERY WONDERFUL PRESENTATION. VERY INFORMATIVE.

THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU.

ANY QUESTIONS, LET ME KNOW AND I'LL GLADLY HELP.

HAVE A GREAT EVENING. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING. MOVING ONTO THE NORTHEAST

[5.B. Northeast Gateway Project Update]

GATEWAY PROJECT UPDATE. >> M. GREESON: AGAIN, I APPRECIATE MS. WALSH'S OUTREACH TO US.

IT'S A GOOD SEGUE INTO PROBABLY WORTHINGTON'S LARGEST TRANSPORTATION PROJECT IN DECADES.

AND THAT'S OUR NORTHEAST GATEWAY PROJECT.

WHICH WAS A PROJECT THAT SAT IN THE METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION PLAN FOR A LONG TIME AS AN IDEA. AND THEN EVENTUALLY MADE ITS WAY TO THE TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM WHEN WE APPLIED FOR FEDERAL FUNDS A NUMBER OF YEARS AGO.

I'M GOING TO TURN IT OVER TO MR. ESSENTIALLY, HE AND MR. BRIM WITH THE EMH&T ARE CONSULTANTS ARE HERE TO GIVE YOU AN UPDATE YOU REQUESTED. AND BECAUSE WE'VE BEEN BRINGING YOU A SERIES OF SMALL DECISIONS, NOT SMALL BUT PIECES OF THIS PROJECT, AND YOU REQUESTED LAST YEAR THAT WE GIVE AN UPDATE ON THE WHOLE PROJECT. AND BEFORE I TURN IT OVER TO THEM, I WOULD LIKE TO HIGHLIGHT A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHY THIS PROJECT IS IMPORTANT. IT'S IMPORTANT BECAUSE THIS EASTERN AREA OF OUR COMMUNITY AT THIS INTERSECTION, PARTICULARLY TO THE NORTH, HAS BEEN HIGH GROWTH.

AS A RESULT, THESE ROADWAYS AND INTERSECTIONS ARE HIGHLY CONGESTED. REDUCING THE CONGESTION HELPS BUSINESSES. IT HELPS COMMUTERS.

IT INCREASES SAFETY. AND IT RE REDUCES POLLUTION.

IN ADDITION TO THIS, THIS IS AN AREA MS. DOROTHY WAS HIGHLIGHTING AREAS THAT DON'T HAVE BIKE AND PED, THIS AREA HAS NONE. WE'LL INTRODUCE SAFE AND ACCESSIBLE BICYCLE AMENITIES. LASTLY, WE ARGETED THE AREA BECAUSE IT'S A VITAL ECONOMIC AREA, ITH THE EASTERN INDUSTRIAL CORRIDOR AND THE WILSON BRIDGE OFFICE CORRIDOR.

[00:30:01]

AND CREATING A DISSTINKIVE, WELL FUNCTIONING, NOT CONGESTED GATEWAY INTO THIS PART OF THE OUR COMMUNITY IS CRITICAL TO OUR LONG-TERM ECONOMIC SUCCESS. THAT'S WHY WE APPLIED FOR FUNDS AND PURSUED THIS PROJECT. WE'RE PLEASED TO GIVE YOU AN

UPDATE THIS EVENING. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: HOW MANY OF YOUR SCOUTS BACK THERE KNOW WHERE THE WORTHINGTON COMMUNITY CENTER IS? OKAY.

IF YOU GO, YOU KNOW WHERE THE BALL FI FIELDS ARE IN FRONT OF E COMMUNITY CENTER? IF YOU GO PAST WILSON BRIDGE, PAST THE BALL FIELDS, THERE IS A BIG CONGESTED INTERSECTION THAT GOES UNDERNEATH 270, THAT'S WHAT THIS IS.

REA DOING THAT INTERSECTION. I WANTED TO IND OF LET YOU KNOW. I HAD A FEELING OF YOU YOU HAVE BEEN TO T THE COMMUNITY CENTER. AND IT CONNECTS THE WORTHINGTON SCHOOL DISTRICTS TOGETHER. I WANTED TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA SO YOU HAVE AN IDEA WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT.

WHAT MIGHT BE HAPPENING. >> PRESIDENT MICHAEL, MR. GREESON, CAN I ASK A QUESTION? YOU SAID THERE HAS BEEN SUBSTANTIAL GROWTH IN THE

TRANSPORTATION IN RECENT YEARS. >> D. ROBINSON: CAN YOU SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE GROWTH IS PRIMARILY RESIDENTIAL OR COMMERCIAL. AND MAKE A STATEMENT, I KNOW IT'S HARD TO PIN NUMBERS ON SOMETHING, BUT HOW MUCH OF THE TRAFFIC IS COMMERCIAL AND HOW MUCH IS NORMAL RESIDENTIAL OR

NORMAL USAGE? >> M. GREESON: I THINK MR. BRIM MAY BE ABLE TO ANSWER BETTER THAN I.

WE CAN GET BACK ON THE COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL, IT'S BOTH INCLUDING HEAVY TRUCK TRAVEL.

MUCH OF THE -- I WOULD SAY THE GROWTH IS BOTH COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL AS YOU'VE SEEN INCREASES IN HOUSING IN THE NORTHEAST PART OF OUR SCHOOL DISTRICT AND AROUND THE POLARIS AREA, AND LOTS OF COMMERCIAL GROWTH RANGING FROM THROUGHOUT CENTRAL OHIO AND IN THIS WHOLE NORTHERN, NORTH CENTRAL REGION, MUCH TO THE NORTH OF US THROUGHOUT THE AREA.

AND I DON'T THINK YOU CAN SAY IT'S ONE USE BUT MORPC COULD GIVE US MORE BALANCED DATA IF WE'RE INTERESTED.

THIS AREA DEALS WITH TRAFFIC THAT COMES FROM POLARIS, IT DEALS WITH TRAFFIC COMING FROM WESTERVILLE AND OUR OWN LOCALLY

GENERATED TRAVEL. >>

>> PRESIDENT MICHAEL, MEMBERS OF COUNCIL, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE ON NORTHEAST GATEWAY.

I KNOW WE'VE BEEN HERE A FEW TIMES.

BUT THE LAST PRESENTATION WE MADE WAS ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO.

AND THAT WAS FOCUSED ON SOME IDEAS WE HAD RELATED TO GATEWAY ELEMENTS RECOGNIZING THAT THIS IS AN IMPORTANT GATEWAY CORRIDOR, THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE ITY AND CERTAINLY A HIHIG HIGH-TRAFFIC AREA.

OUR MAIN GOAL IS TO GIVE YOU AN UPDATE ON THOSE GATEWAY ELEMENTS AND INCLUDING REACTION OF THE COMMENTS WE HEARD AT THAT POINT IN TIME AND HOW THINGS HAVE BEEN FULLY INCORPORATED INTO THE PLAN. THIS GRAPHIC AS PRESIDENT MICHAEL POINTED OUT SHOWS THE EXISTING INTERSECTION.

NORTH IS TOWARD THE TOP OF THE GRAPHIC.

AND THE EXISTING INTERSECTION OF WILSON BRIDGE, HUNTLEY ROAD AND WORTHINGTON-GALENA ROAD IS HIGHLIGHTED IN ORANGE.

THIS IS A GRAPHIC OF THE PROPOSED IMPROVEMENTS WITH HE EXISTING INTERSECTION HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW.

I HAVE A VERSION WITHOUT THE YELLOW.

YELLOW IS HELPFUL TO SEE HOW THINGS ARE REALIGNED.

THE MOUSE IS AT THE ABSOLUTE LIMITS OF ITS REACH HERE.

BUT AS WE'VE ALKED ABOUT IN PAST PRESENTATIONS AND I'LL RECAP TONIGHT, YOU KNOW, THE MAIN GOAL OF THE PROJECT IS

[00:35:04]

REDUCE CONGESTION AT THE EXISTING INTERSECTION.

AND THROUGH A LOT OF STUDIES AND ALTERNATIVES ANALYSIS WE ARRIVED AT A PREFERRED ALTERNATIVE WE GAL THE SIGNALIZED RELINEMENT, THEY ARE REALIGNED IN MORE OF A NORTH/SOUTH FASHION CONTINUOUS.

THAT WAS A REACTION TO WHAT WE OBSERVED THROUGH TRAFFIC COUNTS.

OF COURSE, WE TOOK THOSE TRAFFIC COUNTS AND COORDINATING WITH MORPC TO GROW NUMBERS INTO A FUTURE PROJECTION. AND REALLY IDENTIFIED THE NORTH/SOUTH MOVEMENT AS THE PREDOMINANT MOVEMENT, AT THIS INTERSECTION HAPPENS TO BE A LEFT AND RIGHT TURN INTO THE EXISTING COND CONDITION.

THIS ALTERNATIVE CREATES THAT NORTH/SOUTH MOVEMENT, CHANGES THE PREDOMINANT TURNING MOVEMENT TO A PREDOMINANT THROUGH MOVEMENT AND CREATES A NORTH/SOUTH CORRIDOR INYOU INCLUDE SINCLAIR AND SANCUS UP TO POLARIS PARKWAY.

OF COURSE, TO REALIGN HUNTLEY AND WORTHINGTON-GALENA AND CREATE A NEW TRAFFIC SIGNAL WITHIN THE AREA THAT IS CIRCLED IN RED, HE SOUTH LEG OF WORTHINGTON-GALENA HAS TO BE PULLED AWAY FROM THE INTERSECTION, TAKING THE EXISTING INTERSECTION AND SPLITTING IT UP INTO TWO.

THAT IS THE SIGNALIZED OTHER IMPROVEMENTS AS MR. GREESON SAID, THERE IS A ROBUST PEDESTRIAN AND BICYCLE COMPONENT TO THE PROJECT. ON ALL OF THE STREETS EFFECTED THERE ARE SHARED YOUTH PATHS, AND BIKE LANES ON THE NORTH SOUTH ROAD, HUNTLEY AND THE NORTH LEG OF WORTHINGTON-GALENA UP O SANCUS. STREET LIGHTING DDED AS PART OF THIS PROJECT. AS WELL AS CHANNEL IMPROVEMENTS TO RUSH RUN, WHICH IS THE BLUE RIBBON ON THE LEFT HALF OF THE GRAPHIC, IT'S THE BLUE RIBBON THAT RUNS NORTH/SOUTH ON THIS GRAPHIC. MAJOR MILESTONES THAT WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED UPCOMING, NUMBER ONE IN THE FALL OF 2019, RIGHT-OF-WAY WAS CLEARED. THAT MEANS THE CITY HAS PURCHASED THE RIGHT-OF-WAY OR HAS TAKEN THE APPROPRIATE ACTION WITH THE COURTS TO GAIN RIGHT OF ENTRY ON THE PROPERTIES THAT ARE NEEDED. OF COURSE, THIS IS A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT TO THE ROAD NETWORK, MAJOR CHANGE AND REQUIRES A LOT OF RIGHT-OF-WAY AND EASEMENTS TO GET THAT DONE.

ALSO, IN THE FALL THE HUNTLEY ROAD WATER MAIN WAS REPLACED.

WHICH IS AN ENABLING PROJECT AND A NICE THING TO HAVE OUT OF THE WAY GIVEN THE CHALLENGES OF MAINTAINING TRAFFIC DURING THAT WORK. ALSO, AS PART OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY ACQUISITION, THE CITY TOOK OWNERSHIP OF SEVERAL BUILDINGS. AND THE DEMOLITION OF THOSE BUILDINGS HAS STARTED WITH 431 WILSON BRIDGE ROAD, THE RESIDENTIAL STRUCTURE BEING TORN LAST WEEK, SITE RESTORATION IS GOING TO OCCUR THIS WEEK. SCHEDULED TO START TOMORROW, THE 7200 HUNTLEY ROAD ORN DOWN WITH SITE RESTORATION TO OCCUR LATE ARE THIS MONTH. THIS IS AN ENABLING PROJECT FOR THE NORTHEAST GATEWAY IMPROVEMENT AS WELL AS FOR UTILITY RELOCATIONS THAT EED TO TAKE PLACE AHEAD OF THE ROAD CONSTRUCTION. ALSO, STARTING THIS WEEK WILL BE CLEARING ASSOCIATED WITH THE IMPROVEMENTS TO RUSH RUN DOWNSTREAM OF THE NORTHEAST GATEWAY IMPROVEMENT.

SO THIS WOULD, THE NORTHERN END OF THESE IMPROVEMENTS WOULD BE WORTHINGTON-GALENA ROAD. AND THAT WILL EXTEND TO THE HYPERION MANUFACTURING FACILITATE.

PRIVATE UTILITY RELOCATION WILL START IN THE SPRING.

BIDDING OF THE ROADWAY IMPROVEMENTS IN THE SUMMER.

AROADWAY CONSTRUCTION IS SCHEDULED TO BEGIN IN THE FALL.

[00:40:05]

>>

>> PRO TEM S. MYERS: IT'S LIKE THE FIRST REAL WE'RE GOING TO START BREAKING GROUND AFTER 20 YEARS.

>> I THINK MS. WALSH REFERENCED SOME OF THE CHALLENGES THAT ARE TIED TO THE FEDERAL MONEY ON SOME OF THE PROJECTS.

THIS HAS BEEN A LONG PROCESS WITH MANY, MANY STEPS.

BUT I THINK WE'RE THERE. WE'RE SEEING SOME ACTION.

AND THERE IS A LOT TO DO BEFORE WE START ROADWAY CONSTRUCTION BUT IT'S WITHIN SIGHT. AS I MENTIONED AT THE INTRO, WE WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU AN UPDATE ON THE GATEWAY ELEMENTS, WHICH WE PRESENTED TWO YEARS AGO THIS MONTH.

AND TO DO THAT, FRANCO MANO, WHO IS THE SENIOR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT AND ASSOCIATE AT EMH&T IS GOING TO WALK YOU THROUGH IT SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO AN ENGINEER DO IT.

>> THANK YOU, COUNCILMEMBERS AND COUNCIL PRESIDENT.

I GET TO SHOW THE PRETTY PICTURES.

FEEL FREE TO STOP ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

WE HAVE A SERIES OF RENDERINGS WE HAVE UPDATED FROM A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO TO SHOW THE GATEWAY FEATURE AT THE INTERSECTION.

AND WE'LL GO THROUGH THESE A LITTLE BIT BRIEFLY HERE.

SO YOU CAN SEE THE PRIMARY GATEWAY FEATURE AT THE INTERSECTION. HERE'S ANOTHER VIEW, SOUTHWEST CORNER OF WILSON BRIDGE AND WORTHINGTON-GALENA AT THE REALIGNMENT. YOU CAN SEE SOME OF THE FEATURES WE HAVE. SOME BRICK PIER FEATURES, TIMBER GUARDRAIL AND FOUNDEN. WE'LL GO THROUGH A LOT OF THE AMENITIES IN DETAIL ONE BY ONE. WE CAN COME BACK IF WE NEED TO.

THIS IS THE PRIARILY IMAGE AS YOU MOVE SOUTH DOWN WORTHINGTON-GALENA ROAD FOR THE MEMBERS COMING INTO WORTHINGTON.

OBVIOUSLY, THIS DOESN'T ALIGN EXACTLY ITH THE CITY LINE.

BUT IT'S THE LARGEST AMOUNT OF SPACE WE HAD AND KIND OF BECOMES THE SYMBOLIC ENTRY YOU CAN SAY IN WORTHINGTON.

IT'S NOT THE CITY LINE, HIS IS THE FIRST IMAGE YOU WILL HAVE COMING DOWN THE GATEWAY. THE IMAGERY WAS PULLED FROM THE SIGNAGE PLAN, I THINK, 2015, AND WE MADE IT REAL WITH SELECTING THE BRICK, SELECTING THE PLANT MATERIAL AND BRINGING THE WORTHINGTON SIGNAGE FEATURE INTO PLAY.

IT'S NOT ONLY A VEHICULAR GATEWAY, IT'S A PEDESTRIAN AND BIKE GATEWAY. WE WANTED TO MAKE SURE IT HAD AMENITIES FOR BOTH F THOSE SO THERE IS A PRESENCE AS YOU ARE COMING DOWN IN A CAR AND ALSO AS YOU COME DOWN THE PATH, WHETHER YOU ARE ON A PED OR A BICYCLE, YOU HAVE A GATEWAY WITH A PIER ON THE ONE SIDE AND THE FEATURE ON THE OTHER.

HERE'S A CLOSE-UP VIEW OF THAT SIGN.

AND SOME OF THE MATERIALS THERE. >> D. ROBINSON: IS THE LETTERING

GOING TO BE YELLOW? >> IT WILL BE A GOLDEN COLOR, TO CONTRAST WITH THE SHRUBS WE HAVE IN THE BACKGROUND AS A DARK COLOR. WE DIDN'T WANT TO LOSE ANYTHING WITHIN THE DARKER AREA. SO DO YOU HAVE A REACTION TO THAT GOLDEN COLOR? POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE?

>> D. ROBINSON: I HAVE A NEGATIVE REACTION TO THE YELLOW.

>> OKAY. WE'LL GET TO A MORE SPECIFIC, AND WE CAN WORK WITH STAFF ON WHAT THAT GOLDEN COLOR IS GOING TO BE. WE DON'T WANT IT TO READ YELLOW.

WE'VE BEEN CONSIDERING WHITE AS A CONTRASTING PIECE.

WE WANT IT TO BE A LIGHTER COLOR SO IT STANDS OUT WITH THE DARK EVERGREEN SHRUBS IN THE BACKGROUND.

>> D. ROBINSON: THERE IS A NEIGHBORING COMMUNITY THAT HAS THE GOLDEN BEAR AS THEIR MONIKER.

>> WE'RE AWARE. THANK YOU.

HERE'S A MORE IN DEPTH LOOK AT THE LANDSCAPE.

ONE OF THE COMMENTS WE HAD WHEN WE CAME IN PREVIOUSLY IS A BIT

[00:45:01]

MORE DEFINITION OF THE LANDSCAPE.

WE GOT CONCEPTS PREVIOUSLY. WE HADN'T SELECTED PLANT MATERIAL OR LAID IT OUT. SO HERE YOU GET MORE OF A SENSE OF MASSING WE HAD. GOING WITH LARGE DRIFTS OF PLANT MATERIAL. A BALANCE OF SHRUBS AND PERENNIAL MATERIAL, COLOR, YEAR-AROUND INTEREST, ORNAMENTAL GRASS TO ENHANCE THE LANDSCAPE. THE LANDS LANDSCAPING WILL BE IRRIGATED TO ESTABLISH THE PLANT MATERIAL AND REALLY ENSURING THAT INVESTMENT STAYS IF WE HAVE AREA IN TIMES OF DROUGHT.

YOU CAN SEE THE BRICK FEATURES AT THE INTERSECTION WITHIN THE IMAGE, ZOOMED A LITTLE BIT MORE. SO WE HAVE PEDESTRIAN BRICK AND THEN AS WELL AS THE VERTICAL BRICK YOU CAN SEE THERE.

>> R. DOROTHY: I APPRECIATE YOU WORKING CLOSELY WITH THE BIKE AND PED BOARD AND LOOKING AT THERE WAS A SIGNIFICANT DEVIATION IN WHAT THE MULTIUSE TRAIL WAS GOING TO BE.

MAKING IT MORE USING DESIRE LINES, PEOPLE LIKE TO GO THE SHORTEST ROOT POSSIBLE. YOU HAD MORE OF A DIAGONAL.

I APPRECIATE THE MONUMENTS PROVIDE A PHYSICAL BARRIER BETWEEN PEOPLE AND CARS. I'M A BIT DISAPPOINTED WE HAVE BROUGHT SWEEPING TURNS FOR CARS THAT COULD RUN OVER PEDESTRIANS.

I WOULD LIKED TO SEE MORE PEDESTRIAN SAFETY FEATURES BUT I APPRECIATE THE LANDSCAPE HERE AND THE DESIRED PATH WITH THE

DIAGONAL GOING THROUGH. >> AS YOU MENTIONED, THE DESIRED PATH, ESSENTIALLY GOING FROM THE WIDER BIKE PATH AND MOVING, THERE YOU GO, THANK YOU. WE ALSO IN THAT SPACE THAT YOU HAVE THERE, WE USE THAT PATHWAY TO PROVIDE FOR AN AREA OF PUBLIC ART. THAT WAS ONE OF THE THINGS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY, TO RESERVE A SPACE FOR PUBLIC ART.

MAY NOT BE PROGRAMMED TODAY. BUT THE GREEN SWATH IS THE AREA RESERVED FOR THAT. WE'RE USING THAT DESIRE LINE OR DIAGONAL PATH THROUGH THERE TO ENCLOSE THAT AREA BETWEEN THE LANDSCAPE AND THE PATHWAY. SO WE'LL GO THROUGH SOME OF THOSE PARTICULAR AMENITIES. TO SHOW YOU THE FOUNTAIN LOCATION. THERE IS A STORM WATER POND.

IT WILL BE WET. WE'VE SELECTED A FOUNTAIN THAT WAS ONE OF THE REQUESTS PREVIOUSLY TO GIVE A LITTLE BIT OF INTEREST TO THE POND AND WATER QUALITY.

AND SO WE'RE LOOKING AT AN INVERTED CONE FOUNTAIN YOU WOULD SEE HERE. HAS A LOT OF LARGER WATER DROPLETS TO RESIST THE WIND AND PROVIDES A GOOD WHITE BACKGROUND. THIS DOES HAVE SOME SPREAD TO IT. NOTHING LIKE A GEYSER.

NEXT IS TRAFFIC SIGNALS. YOU CAN SEE THREE LOCATIONS.

THEY WILL LOOK LIKE THOSE ON HIGH STREET ESSENTIALLY AND U.S.

23. MAST ARMS PAINTED BLACK, DECORATIVE BASES. ANYTHING ELSE WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT WITH THOSE IN PARTICULAR? THERE WILL BE PEDESTRIAN CROSSING SIGNALS, PEDESTRIAN TOUCH PADS, ALL TYPES OF THINGS YOU WOULD BE FAMILIAR WITH WITHIN THE COMMUNITY ALREADY.

STREET LIGHTING, AS MICHAEL MENTIONED, IT WILL BE THROUGHOUT THE PROJECT. THE RED LINES INDICATE WHERE IT WILL BE. CONSIST WITH THE TRAFFIC SIGNALS, THE STREET IGHTING FIXTURES WILL BE OF THE SAME FAMILY ALREADY SEEN ELSEWHERE WITHIN THE COMMUNITY, PARTICULARLY ON HIGH STREET. THE INVERTED ACORN FIXTURE WITH THE DECORATIVE BASE. THE TRAFFIC MEDIANS ARE ONE OF THE PIECES THAT WERE ISCUSSED EARLIER.

IT HELPS THE MEDIAN HELPS TO -- THERE IS A LOT OF LANES, HELPS TO CLOSE DOWN THE DISTANCE OF THE LANES VISUALLY.

WE SELECTED GOING WITH BRICK IN THAT BLEND OF BRICK.

THIS IS NATURAL LAY BRICK, NOT A CONCRETE PAVER, BUT ACTUAL CLAY BRICK PAVER SO WE HAVE COLOR LASTING THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE LIFE OF THE BRICK. YOU WOULD SEE THERE BLEND HERE.

ONE OF THE QUESTIONS WE HAD, WHETHER OR NOT WE COULD DO THAT WITH LANDS LANDSCAPING. IT'S TOO HARSH OF AN ENVIRONMENT. WE WANTED TO HAVE INTEREST AND HAVE THE BRICK PAVING. NEXT UP, TIMBER GUARD RAILSES.

AROUND THE POND WE NEED PROTECTION.

AND GUARDRAILS WARRANTED ON THIS PARTICULAR PROJECT.

[00:50:05]

RATHER THAN THE TYPICAL STEEL, WE'RE LOOKING AT THE TIMBER GUARDRAIL. THIS IS A STEEL BACKED TIMBER GUARDRAIL MICHAEL HAS USED ON OTHER PROJECTS AND SEEN ELSEWHERE AROUND THE CENTRAL OHIO AREA.

NEXT ONE. STREET SIGNAGE AND WHEN I'M TALKING ABOUT STREET SIGNAGE, REGULATORY SIGNS THROUGHOUT THE CORRIDOR ALONG THE STREETS. WE WANT TO SHOW YOU HERE, THERE WILL BE A SQUARE POST, IT'S BLACK.

THE BACKS OF THE SIGNS ARE PAINTED BLACK.

THERE IS A RAIN CAP THAT OES ON THE TOP THAT IS ALSO PAINTED BLACK. SO THERE IS SOME CONSISTENCY WITH THE STREET LIGHTING AND WITH THE TRAFFIC SIGNALS WITH THE COLOR, A LITTLE BIT OF AN UPGRADE OVER THE TYPICAL TYPE OF POST AND FINISH. WE HAVE -- THERE IS A NEED FOR RETAINING WALLS, SPECIFICALLY AT THE CROSSING OF THE RAILROAD.

THERE NEEDS TO BE RETAINING WALLS OVER THERE.

THAT'S GOING TO BE IN A LARGE FORMAT -- ARDON? FREEWAY UNDERPASS, ORRY. CORRECTION.

AND THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT THAT WOULD LOOK LIKE.

A LARGE -- THE STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY REQUIRING A CONCRETE BLOCK UNIT, DESIGNED TO MIMIC A NATURAL STONE.

AND IT'S A LARGE FORMAT, LARGE FORMAT STONE THAT YOU SEE.

KEEPING SIMILAR TO THAT, THERE ARE WHAT WE CALL HEAD AND WING WALLS. THOSE HAPPEN AT THE CULVERT CROSSINGS WHERE RUSH RUN GOES UNDERNEATH ROADWAYS.

THOSE WILL BE VISIBLE TO PEOPLE ON BIKES AND CARS AND WALKING.

SO INSTEAD OF HAVING A BLANK CONCRETE WALL WE WANTED TO MIMIC WHAT WE HAD AT THE FREEWAY CROSSING RETAINING WALL.

HANDLED WITH A FORM LINER, CONCRETE FORMED TO LOOK LIKE A STONE. SINCE YOU ARE NOT UP CLOSE UT THEY ARE VISIBLE THEY ALLOW TEXTURE AND INTEREST.

BUT IN THIS CASE, WE DON'T HAVE THE EXPENSE OF ATURAL STONE AND THE CONSTRUCTABILITY AND MAINTENANCE IS RELATIVELY STRAIGHTFORWARD WITH THESE FORM LINERS.

THE PEDESTRIAN WING, YOU CAN SEE THE LOCATIONS OF THAT.

AT THE SAME CROSSINGS WHERE WE HAVE RUSH RUN, THERE ARE PLACES WHERE WE WANT TO MAKE SURE THE PEDESTRIAN AND THE BICYCLISTS ARE SAFE. IF THEY WERE TO FALL, THEY WOULDN'T FALL A GREAT DISTANCE. THEY WOULD BE UP AGAINST THE RAILING. IN KEEPING WITH THE TIMBER GUARDRAIL, WE'RE LOOKING AT A WOOD, TIMBER PEDESTRIAN AND BICYCLE RAILING. THIS S A HORIZONTAL RAIL.

NO EXPOSED VERTICAL PICKET SAID S.AGAIN, THIS IS KIND OF USED OTHER PLACES IN THE CENTRAL OHIO AREA AND WORKS WELL IN THESE SITUATIONS IN KEEPING WITH THE WOOD AND TIMBER ELSEWHERE ON THE PROJECT. AND THAT HITS ALL OF THE AMENITY ITEMS I HAVE. ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS ON THOSE IN ADDITION TO HAT WE'VE HAD BEFORE?

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: QUESTI? MS. KOWALCZYK?

>> B. KOWALCZYK: I'M WONDERING WHETHER WE'LL HAVE W WAY FINDING SIGNS LIKE WE'VE IMPLEMENTED THROUGHOUT THE CITY TO FIND THE

REC CENTER AND THINGS LIKE THAT? >> NOT INCLUDED IN THE ENGINEERING DOCUMENTS. I BELIEVE THAT WORK THAT HAPPENS, AND MAYBE OU CAN CLARIFY MR. GREESON.

>> M. GREESON: WE MAY HAVE IMPACT.

THERE IS ALREADY JURISDICTIONAL GATEWAY SIGNAGE IN THIS AREA.

MR. BROWN, MAY CORRECT ME. THERE IS A KIND OF A WELCOME SIGN, I THINK IN THIS AREA IN ADDITION TO A JURISDICTIONAL GATEWAY. WE'LL HAVE TO FIND WHERE TO PUT THOSE IF IMPACTED BY THE PRO PROJECT.

AND THEN I DON'T RECALL OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD WHEN WE WOULD HAVE ADDITIONAL COMMUNITY CENTER DIRECTING GATEWAY SIGNAGE IN THIS AREA. BUT IT WOULD PROBABLY BE IN THE LONG-TERM PLAN, WHICH WE CUT FUNDING FOR THIS YEAR.

BUT WE HAVE IN SEVERAL OF THE OUT YEARS OF THE C.I.P.

MR. BROWN, DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD TO THAT?

>> YOU ARE SPOT ON. I DON'T WANT TO CUT YOU OFF.

SIMILARLY, I'M NOT SURE WHICH PERSON WOULD BE BEST SUITED.

ELABORATE ON THE RUSH RUN IMPROVEMENTS AND STORM WATER CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE COMPLETED PROJECT.

>> RUSH RUN HAS BEEN NEEDED TO BE CLEANED OUT FOR A LONG TIME.

[00:55:05]

I HAVE A PLAN FROM 1985 THAT SHOWS RUSH RUN TO BE CLEANED OUT, WHICH WAS NEVER COMPLETED. IT'S ONLY GOTTEN WORSE.

YOU COULD GO STAND IN IT AND IT'S KNEE DEEP IN MUCK.

IT'S SOMETHING THAT HAD TO BE ADDRESSED REALLY AS PAR THIS PROJECT FROM DOWNSTREAM UP. BECAUSE WITHOUT CLEANING OUT RUSH RUN THEN THERE IS REALLY NO GOOD DRAINAGE OUTLET FOR THE PROJECT. SOME OF THE FLOODING THAT HAPPENS ON WILSON BRIDGE ROAD WOULD CONTINUE TO FLOOD.

THIS WAS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE THAT ON AND CLEAN OUT RUSH RUN, FROM THE HYPERION SITE ALL THE WAY UP TO THE NORTH SIDE AT WILSON BRIDGE ROAD. IN ADDITION TO CLEANING OUT THE SILT AND SEDIMENT, WE HAVE A DESIGN THAT TRIES TO FOCUS THE WATER AND TRY TO INCREASE THE VELOCITY THROUGH SIDE SLOPES THAT WILL BE COVERED IN ROCK. IT'S A FLAT CHANNEL WITH AN INLINE BASIN UP STREAM. THOSE TWO THINGS MAKE FOR A SILTY CHANNEL. WE'RE TRYING TO INCREASE VELOCITY AND MAKE IT MORE SELF CONTAINING.

NOT THAT IT WON'T NEED TO BE CLEANED OUT BEGIN.

WE'RE ENCOURAGING A MORE HEALTHY FLOW THROUGH THE CHANNEL.

ALSO, AS PART OF THAT, THERE WOULD BE CLEARING ALONG THE CHANNEL. WHICH IS A GOOD THING, ACTUALLY, BECAUSE A LOT OF THE INVASIVE MATERIAL, HONEY SUCKLE AND SO FORTH IS GOING TO BE REMOVED. AND SOME NATIVE PLANTS AND LIVE STAKES ARE GOING TO BE PLANTED TO CREATE THAT RIPARIAN CORRIDOR. AND THEN THERE WOULD BE, EXCUSE ME, BUT ANOTHER STORM WATER FEATURE IS HE WATER QUALITY BASIN THAT WE HAVE THAT FRANKO MENTIONED WITH THE FOUNTAIN.

THAT IS DESIGNED TO PROVIDE WATER QUALITY TREATMENT FOR SOME OF THE RUN OFF FROM THE PUBLIC ROADWAYS.

>> P. BUCHER: THANK YOU. >> P. BUCHER: IT'S MUCH DIFFERENT STREAM NORTH THAN SOUTH OF HUNTLEY.

THE DIFFICULTY IS THIS PORTION OF THE STREAM IS UCH DIFFERENT BUT THIS ADDRESSES THOSE IN THE LONG RUN WILL HELP THE DOWN TREATMENT. WE ARE.

YES, SIR. >> R. DOROTHY: I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS. SO THE BOUNDARIES OF THIS WHOLE PROJECT, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, TOUCH THE TWO DIFFERENT CROSSINGS FOR RAILROAD TRACKS. DID WE LOOK AT ANY QUIET ZONES

FOR THOSE? >> WE DID A PRELIMINARY STUDY ON A QUIET ZONE THAT KIND OF SCRATCHED THE SURFACE AS FAR AS THE PROCESS. I THINK IT'S SOMETHING THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED AS PART OF A SEPARATE PROCESS OUTSIDE OF HE NORTHEAST GATEWAY PROJECT. WE'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING WITH THIS PROJECT THAT WOULD PRECLUDE A QUIET ZONE IN THE FUTURE OR MAKE IT MORE DIFFICULT TO ACHIEVE THAT.

IT'S UST NOT GOING TO BE IMPLEMENTED AT THIS POINT AS PART OF THE NORTHEAST GATEWAY IMPROVEMENTS.

>> SAME. THERE WILL BE NEW PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS ACROSS ALL THREE TRACKS AT THE WILSON BRIDGE ROAD INTERSECTION WITH THE RAILROAD. AND ALSO SIDEWALK CROSSINGS, THE SPUR THAT LEAVES THE CSX TRACK AND ANHEUSER-BUSCH, THERE WILL BE A PEDESTRIAN CROSSING THERE. ASIDE FROM ACCOMMODATING PEDESTRIANS AND THINGS THAT GO ALONG WITH THAT, THE RAIL CROSSINGS WILL LARGELY REMAIN THE SAME.

>> M. GREESON: I BELIEVE THERE IS AN EXTENDED MEDIAN OVER THE WILSON BRIDGE ROAD CROSSINGS THAT WAS ASSISTED BY THE OHIO RAIL DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION THAT WILL HELP DISCOURAGE ONE OF THE SAFETY ISSUES THERE, WHICH IS PEOPLE OCCASIONALLY RUN AROUND THE GATES. AND SO THAT'S AN ATTRIBUTE THAT WILL INCREASE SAFETY IN THE CORRIDOR.

[01:00:01]

>> AGREED. YES.

>>

>> M. GREESON: IT'S ALL RIGHT-OF-WAY AND NOT SUBJECT TO ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW. IT'S ALSO NOT IN THE DISTRICT.

>> R. DOROTHY: I WOULD LOVE TO ADD FUNDING FOR THE QUIET ZONES.

I UNDERSTAND THAT'S NOT WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THE ROJECT.

THANK YOU. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: ANYBODY ELSE? ANYBODY ELSE HAVE -- ANYMORE

PRESENTATIONS? >> M. GREESON: WE REALLY WANTED TO SATISFY YOUR INTEREST IN INTERESTING A THOROUGH UPDATE.

I APPRECIATE -- >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: I HAVE ONE QUESTION. MY ONE QUESTION IS, WHAT ARE WE DOING TO PLAN FOR THE TRAFFIC AND CONGESTION, REDUCTION OF CONGESTION? WHEN WE HAD THE WATER LINE, WE HAD A LOT OF PEOPLE UPSET BECAUSE OF HOW DIFFICULT IT WAS TO GET FROM HERE O THERE. I WONDER WHAT WE'RE DOING FOR RELIEF OF CONGESTION PLANNING OR THAT AREA.

I KNOW THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT COMMUTE THROUGH THIS AREA, AND THIS IS A VERY HEAVY TRAFFIC ZONE.

>> M. GREESON: INYOU NEEDED ANOTHER GOVERNMENTAL ACRONYM,

MOT, MAINTENANCE OF TRAFFIC. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: OKAY.

>> YEAH, THE -- AS THE PLAN IS TODAY, THERE REALLY ARE ONLY TWO THE NORTHEAST GATEWAYS PART OF- IMPROVEMENTS.

ASIDE FROM THOSE TWO DETOURS, AT LEAST ONE LANE OF TRAFFIC IS MAINTAINED IN EACH DIRECTION. THE TWO DETOURS ARE CURRENTLY IN THE PLAN SHOWN AS TO OCCUR OVER WEEKENDS.

THE CONTRACTOR WOULD, AND THIS HAPPENS TWICE.

SO ONCE THE NORTH LEG OF THE EXISTING INTERSECTION, WHICH WILL BE THE WORTHINGTON-GALENA LEG NORTH OF WILSON BRIDGE WOULD BE CLOSED FOR A WEEKEND. THE SECOND CLOSURE IS WHEN THE SOUTH LEG OF WORTHINGTON-GALENA IS TIED ACK INTO ITS EXISTING ALIGNMENT. ON THAT WEEKEND, WORTHINGTON-GALENA ROAD WOULD BE CLOSED SOUTH OF WILSON BRIDGE ROAD. I THINK ONE OF THE ISSUES ON HUNTLEY WAS CERTAINLY THE DURINGATION OF THE DETOUR FOR THE WATER MAIN WORK. AS THE PLAN SITS TODAY, I WOULD EXPECT THERE IS LESS DETOURING GOING ON AS PART OF THE BIGGER IMPROVEMENT WITH WORK HAPPENING OFF LINE.

YOU ALL EXPERIENCED AS PART OF THE HUNTLEY WATER MAIN WORK.

>> D. ROBINSON: ONE OF YOUR SLIDES WAS MILESTONES.

I BELIEVE THE LAST POINT WAS ROAD CONSTRUCTION WAS SLATED TO END 2020, WHEN IS IT SLATED TO END?

>> WE'RE GOING TO WORK WITH THAT THROUGH O.D.O.T.

THIS IS AN O.D.O.T. LET CONSTRUCTION PROJECT.

O.D.O.T. WILL BE THE ONES BIDDING AND SELLING THIS PROJECT AND MANAGING CONSTRUCTION. SO AS WE GET CLOSER TO BIDDING THE PROJECT, THAT IS A DATE WE NEED TO WORK WITH O.D.O.T. AND STAFF TO DETERMINE. SO THOSE DATES CAN BE PROGRAMMED INTO THE BID PROJECT AND THE CONTRACTOR CAN BE MADE AWARE.

TO TRY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION THOUGH, IN TERMS OF WHAT MY OPINION IS, I THINK IF WE GET AN EARLY START IN FALL OF 2020 THAT THE BULK OF WORK WILL BE COMPLETED BY THE END OF CALENDAR YEAR 2021. WITH SOME WORK OUTSIDE THE CURB CONTINUING ON INTO 2020. I DIDN'T WANT TO DODGE YOUR QUESTION COMPLETELY. A LITTLE BIT OUTSIDE OF WHAT I

CAN SPEAK TO. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL:

>> R. DOROTHY: FOLLOW-UP THAT MAY ME REMEMBER --

>> B. KOWALCZYK: WHETHER THIS TYPE OF WORK IS GENERALLY COORDINATED WITH OTHER THINGS GOING ON IN THE REGION.

I THINK THE LAST DETOUR UNFORTUNATELY OCCURRED WHEN THERE WAS OTHER DETOURS GOING ON IN THAT AREA.

IT REALLY CAUSED PROBLEMS FOR PEOPLE.

AND SO I'M CURIOUS AS TO HOW OR WHETHER THOSE THINGS ARE COORDINATED. DO YOU CHECK IN WITH THE OTHER

CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS GOING ON? >> YEAH.

CERTAINLY, I THINK .D.O.T. IS GOING TO BE PAYING CLOSE ATTENTION TO THAT. AND WORKING WITH THE NEIGHBORING COMMUNITIES. OBVIOUSLY, WORTHINGTON HAS A SEAT AT THE TABLE. BUT COLUMBUS AND OTHERS TO UNDERSTAND WHAT CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES MAYBE GOING ON AT THE

[01:05:01]

SAME TIME. THROUGH OUR COORDINATION THUS FAR WE HAVEN'T HEARD OF ANYTHING MAJOR THAT COULD IMPACT OR MAKE WORSE THE CONSTRUCTION TRAFFIC. THAT'S NOT TO SAY THERE ISN'T SOMETHING. AS WE APPROVE THE PLANS AND GET CLOSER TO BIDDING AND LOOKING AT SCHEDULES, THAT'S SOMETHING WE'LL BE TAKING A CLOSER LOOK AT.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

VERY INFORMATIVE PRESENTATION, BOTH GENTLEMEN.

THIS IS SOMETHING WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR FOR A VERY LONG TIME. I HAVE FOND MEM MEMORIES OF 15 6 YEARS AGO WITH THE CITY ENGINEER, WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO GET FOUR LANES UNDER 270. AT THAT MOMENT, I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE PROJECT WAS GOING TO ENTAIL.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE HARD WORK AND CONTINUING THE COORDINATION OF ALL THE DIFFERENT MOVING PARTS AND CONSTRUCTION PIECES. WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

>> OUR PLEASURE. AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH, COUNCIL AND STAFF FOR MAKING US PART OF THE PROJECT.

WE'RE PLEASED TO BE A PART OF IT.

THANK YOU. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: MOVING

[6.A.I. Financial Report - December 2019]

ONTO THE FINANCIAL REPORT. MR. GREESON.

>> M. GREESON: PRESIDENT MICHA EL, MEMBERS OF COUNCIL, I'M GOING TO TURN IT OVER TO MR. BARTTER.

BEFORE HE -- >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: THANKS

FOR COMING TONIGHT GUYS. >> M. GREESON: A COMMENT.

>> NO ONE WANTS TO SAY STAY FOR THE FINANCIAL REPORT.

A COUPLE OF DIE HARDS. YOU HAVE IN YOUR PACKET, HE DECEMBER 2019 FINANCIAL REPORT. I JUST WANT TO TOUCH BASE ON A COUPLE OF HIGHLIGHTS. THE GENERAL FUND CASH BALANCE, $16,000,448. YOU MAY RECALL IN 2018 WE UPDATED THE GENERAL FUND CARRYOVER RESERVE POLICY.

IF IT'S EXPENDITURES OVER 50% UNENCUMBERED WE WOULD SET A FUTURE DATE ON POTENTIAL ONE TIME USES OF FUNDS.

WE PLAN ON SETTING THAT IN FEBRUARY.

THIS BALANCE IS LARGELY BUILT TWO THINGS. REVENUE, WE'RE ABOUT 2% OVER ESTIMATES. AND ON THE EXPENDITURE SIDE, WE SPENT ABOUT 92% OF THE MONEY BUDGETED IN 2019 IN 2019.

HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS. IF THERE ARE NONE, I WOULD LIKE

A MOTION. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: A QUESTION. I KNOW THAT ANTHEM HAS BEEN, WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN RECEIPTS FROM ANTHEM.

BUT I KNOW OUR MONEY DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE FAR DOWN.

IS SOME OF THE MONEY BRINGING US UP THE INFRASTRUCTURE FROM THE

NEW GAS TAX? >> NO.

INCOME TAX IS SLIGHTLY UP BECAUSE OF OTHER DEVELOPMENT.

REVENUE FROM THE GAS TAX IS NOT CAPTURED IN THE GENERAL FUND.

THERE IS GOING INTO THE STRAIGHT MAINTENANCE REPAIR OR HIGHWAY FUND. TOLD RTOTAL REVENUE IS UP SLIGHY BECAUSE OF GAS RECEIPT SS BUT NT THE GENERAL FUND.

>> D. ROBINSON: IT'S GOOD TO LOOK AT YOU FROM A DISTANCE.

I'LL TALK TO YOU CLOSE LATER. SEVERAL QUESTIONS.

ON THE ISSUE OF INCOME TAX RECEIPTS, IT APPEARS FROM YOUR NUMBERS, GOING INTO THE YEAR WE PROTECTED A $65,000 INCREASE FROM THE PRIOR YEAR AND UP RELATIVE TO PROJECTIONS BY 426.

CAN YOU SAY SOMETHING ABOUT WHAT THAT CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO?

>> I THINK IT'S SOMETHING DEVELOPMENT, 350 WEST WILSON BRIDGE ROAD. THE FOOT AND ANKLE PEOPLE COME ON BOARD AND THAT'S HELPED. IF YOU LOOK AT THE INCOME TAX REPORT ON THE FRONT COVER PAGE YOU WILL SEE WITHHOLDING IS UP 1.25%. NET PROFIT TAX IS UP 6.24%.

THAT'S PRETTY CYCLICAL. THAT'S --

>> D. ROBINSON: THAT PROFIT REFERS TO WHAT?

>> CORPORATE PROFIT TAX. >> D. ROBINSON: A COUPLE OF OTHER QUESTIONS. WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH ALL FUNDS? BECAUSE THE GENERAL FUND AS YOU POINTED OUT IS UP ROUGHLY 1.8 MILLION BUT ALL FUNDS IS

DOWN BY A LITTLE OVER $200,000? >> THE ALL FUNDS FROM 2018 TO 2019 ARE UP $4 MILLION. AND THAT'S LARGELY BECAUSE THIS

[01:10:01]

IS A CASH BASIS REPORT. AND WE'RE SHOWING IN AND OUT F BOND RECEIPTS. WE SHOW THE OUT OF PAYING THOSE AND IN OF RECEIVING THE NEW NOTES.

>> D. ROBINSON: I THOUGHT THE FUNDS DECREASED DURING THE FIRST OF THE YEAR. THE BULLET ABOUT NOTABLE

INITIATIVES? >> YEP.

YES. A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT THINGS.

ONE, THE CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT FUND BALANCE INCLUDED IN THAT.

WE ENDED 2018 WITH RECEIPTS FROM THE ISSUANCE OF DEBT WE HAD NOT SPENT ON PROJECTS BECAUSE WE HAD NOT STARTED THE RIGHT-OF-WAY ACQUISITION AND OTHER LARGE PROJECTS.

ALSO, FUNNELING MONEY INTO THE GENERAL FUND TO SOME EXTENT BETWEEN T THE REVOLVING FUND PRIMARILY.

>> D. ROBINSON: IS THAT RELATED TO THE COMMUNITY CENTER AND --

>> PARKS AND RECREATION. >> D. ROBINSON: ONE OTHER

QUESTION. >> KEEP THEM COMING.

>> D. ROBINSON: THE FOURTH BULLET POINT, THE GENERAL FUND BALANCE DECREASE DURING DECEMBER.

DO I REMEMBER CORRECTLY THE UNENCUMBERED DOLLAR AMOUNT AND PERCENTAGE A MONTH AGO WAS LOWER THAN THE 54%?

>> NO, I THINK IT'S ABOUT 52. >> D. ROBINSON: THE UNENCUMBERED

PERCENTAGE HAS GONE UP? >> AT THE END OF THE YEAR THERE IS ENCUMBRANCES THAT OCCUR BECAUSE PEOPLE ANTICIPATE SPENDING THE MONEY IN 2020. ONE OF THE BIG ONES IS HEALTH INSURANCE. WE INCUMBER HEALTH INSURANCE IN 2019 TO PAY THE DECEMBER BILL IN JANUARY OF 2020.

>> D. ROBINSON: LAST QUESTION ABOUT PROCESS, YOU HAVE FOUR BULLET POINTS ON THE BACK. HOW DO YOU DETERMINE HOW YOU PRESENT THEM? IT SEEMS THE THIRD BULLET POINT IS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT. BUT IT'S LOCATED THIRD.

CAN YOU SPEAK TO THAT? >> THE FIRST TWO ARE ALL FUNDS, THE SECOND ARE GENERAL. THAT'S THE WAY THEY HAVE ALWAYS

BEEN PRESENTED. >> D. ROBINSON: THANK YOU.

>> R. DOROTHY: I HAVE A FOLLOW-UP QUESTION.

>> IT'S A HOT NIGHT FOR THE FINANCIAL REPORT.

>> R. DOROTHY: THE FABULOUS PIE GRAPH ON PAGE 2 OF 6, I THINK THIS HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HOW WE'RE REALLOCATING THE REVOLVING FUND FOR THE COMMUNITY CENTER.

WE USED TO SAY WE WERE ALMOST 75% MUNICIPAL INCOME TAX FOR

GENERAL FUND NOW IT SAYS 69%. >> WE'RE TRYING TO DIVERSIFY OR REVENUE. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT BEING MOVED INTO THE GENERAL FUND.

ADDITIONALLY, WE EXCEEDED INCOME.

WHEN YOU HAVE $565,000, THAT DIVERSIFYING REVENUE.

WE COULD A BWC FUND THAT DOESN'T COUNT AS INCOME TAX REVENUE THAT FURTHER DIVERSIFIES THE REVENUE. THAT'S HOW YOU SEE 69-POINT --

>> R. DOROTHY: ANOTHER REASON WE'RE SHOWING THE REVOLVING FUND INTO THE GENERAL, TO HAVE A BETTER HANDLE ON COST RECOVERY FOR THE COMMUNITY AND GRISWOLD CENTER?

>> NOT SO MUCH FOR COST RECOVERY.

THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE MOVE TO THE GENERAL FUND. WE MOVED THE REVOLVING FUND FOR A A LOT OF EASE OF ADMINISTRATIN SERVICES.

DAILY DEPOSITS WE ELIMINATED. WE'RE LOOKING TO ALLEVIATE AUDITOR'S CONCERNS WITH THE REVOLVING FUND AND THE GENERAL FUND. SO TWO OF THE REASONS WE

MOVED THEM. >> R. DOROTHY: IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT BUT IT HAS TO DO WITH REVENUE.

SO WE'RE LOOKING AT HAT WE CHARGE FOR FEES COMING UP FOR

THE COMMUNITY CENTER? >> WE'RE PLANNING ON HAVING THAT REPORT PRESENTED TO YOU IN FEBRUARY WITH A RECOMMENDATION ON HOW TO PROVIDE IN TERMS OF TAKING SOME ACTION.

>> R. DOROTHY: AND THEN -- >> SORRY.

WE'LL ACTUALLY DISTRIBUTE IT THIS MONTH SO YOU HAVE TIME TO DIGEST IT. THE CONSULTANT WILL BE AVAILABLALITY THE COMMUNITY OF THE WHOLE IN FEBRUARY.

AND IT WON'T REQUIRE ACTION IN FEBRUARY.

>> M. GREESON: IT WILL RECOMMEND YOU REFER TO THE THE PARK'S

COMMISSION FOR DELIBERATION. >> R. DOROTHY: ALL OF THE OTHER REVENUE SOURCES INCLUDES ANY FEES, ARE WE LOOKING AT ANY ADDITIONAL FEES FOR OUR BUILDING OR ANY OF OUR SERVICES, TRASH OR

ANYTHING LIKE THAT? >> M. GREESON: I THINK IT'S A

[01:15:01]

MAJOR EFFORT TO EVALUATE THE PARKS AND REC FEES, WHICH ARE THE LARGEST FEE-BASED REVENUE STREAM IN THE CITY.

WE WANTED TO TACKLE THAT FIRST AND GO THROUGH THAT PROCESS.

AND WE'VE CERTAINLY TALKED ABOUT ENGAGING SIMILAR PROCESSES SO THAT WE GET ALL OF OUR FEES EVALUATED IN A SYSTEMATIC WAY.

>> R. DOROTHY: EXCELLENT. I WOULDN'T EXPECT EVERYTHING TO HAPPEN IN A SINGLE YEAR BUT I WANTED TO POINT OUT THAT WAS A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN WHAT ACTUALLY WE HAD BEEN TALKING ABOUT IN THE COMMUNITY ABOUT THE PERCENTAGE OF OUR MUNICIPAL INCOME TAX. AND NOW WE'RE SHOWING 7.8% OF OUR GENERAL FUND FROM THE REVOLVING FUND FROM HE COMMUNITY CENTER. SO I JUST WANTED TO WALK THROUGH A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THAT. AND THE DIVERSITY F WHERE WE GET OUR FUNDING SOURCES. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HUMORING

ME ON THAT. >> M. GREESON: YES, MA'AM.

AND PRESIDENT MICHAEL, WE'LL BE SCHEDULING THE REQUIRED DISCUSSION ABOUT THE FUND BALANCE.

I THINK PROBABLY THE COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE IN FEBRUARY.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: ALL THOSE IN FAVOR, SIGNIFY BY . OPPOSED LIKE SIGN? OKAY. WE HAVE NOW APPROVED THE FINANCIAL REPORT. GOING ON TO DISCUSSION OF THE

[6.B.I. City Council Retreat]

CITY RETREAT. MR. GREESON, WE HAVE THE DATE SET. LET'S TALK FROM THERE.

>> M. GREESON: PRESIDENT MICHAES OF COUNCIL, THANK YOU TO MS. THRESS WHO QUERIED EVERYONE'S AVAILABILITY.

I BELIEVE WE HAVE MARCH 13 AND 14TH SET ACED FOR THE RETREAT.

IN CONSULTATION WITH THE PRESIDENT, I REACHED OUT TO MARTY JENKINS WHO FACILITATED SOME OF OUR RETREATS.

MARTY HAS DONE SEVERAL OF THEM IN THE PAST AND HE'S AVAILABLE THAT WEEKEND TO FACILITATE THEM AGAIN IF SO DESIRED.

THE PURPOSE OF THIS EVENING IS TO BEGIN IDENTIFYING ISSUES OR TOPICS OR PROCESS, SUGGESTIONS THAT PARTICULARLY ISSUES OR TOPICS YOU BELIEVE WOULD BENEFIT FROM THE TYPE OF INFORMAL, FACILITATING CONVERSATION THAT OCCURS IN AN ANNUAL RETREAT.

ONE OF THE THINGS I SAY IS TONIGHT REALLY BEGINS A CONVERSATION ABOUT THIS. I DON'T THINK ANYTHING IS SET IN STONE THIS EVENING. BECAUSE SOME OF YOU MAYBE READY TO TALK ABOUT THIS IN DETAIL AND OTHERS MAY JUST WANT TO DIGEST SOME OF THE CONVERSATION AND THINK ABOUT IT FURTHER.

THE INFORMATION WE GATHER THIS EVENING WILL BE SHARED WITH THE FACILITATOR. HE WILL THEN FOLLOW-UP AND INTERVIEW EACH COUNCILMEMBER INDIVIDUALLY AND POTENTIALLY O MORE IN DEPTH. AND THEN AN AGENDA FOR THE WEEKEND RETREAT WILL BE CRAFTED AND EVOLVE ALONG THE WAY AS HE REVIEWS THE FEEDBACK AND ENGAGES IN CONVERSATION WITH YOU.

SO I'M EXCITED THAT WE'RE ST STARTING HIS QUITE A BIT BACK FROM THE RETREAT ITSELF. BECAUSE I THINK IT CREATES THE OPPORTUNITY TO REALLY SHAPE A POSITIVE AGENDA, REALLY CONSTRUCTIVE AGENDA AND FOR STAFF TO DEVELOP WHATEVER INFORMATION MAYBE NECESSARY TO HELP INFORM THE RETREAT PROCESS.

SO WE'RE HERE TO LISTEN THIS EVENING. AND WE WOULD BE GLAD TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU M MAY HAVE.

>> KNOW IF 'LL LEAD THE DISCUSSION BUT LOTS OF THOUGHTS.

I'VE SAID THIS A COUPLE OF TIMES.

THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS I THINK WE'VE GOTTEN INTO A RUT IN OUR RETREATS. WHERE IT'S ALL FOCUSED ON GOAL SETTING. AND WHILE THAT'S AN ADMIRAL GOAL AND SOMETHING WE NEED TO ADDRESS, I DON'T THINK THIS YEAR IT SHOULD BE THE PRIMARY FOCUS OF THE RETREAT.

I THINK I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME EXERCISES WHERE WE GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER A LITTLE BIT BETTER. BUT I THINK HERE JUST IN THE LAST WEEK, WE HAVE HAD A COUPLE OF ISSUES COME UP THAT I THINK REALLY NEED AN IN DEPTH DISCUSSION AND SOME REAL DEBATE ON COUNCIL. WE ARE ONCE AGAIN TALKING ABOUT SOME KIND OF A MEETING WITH MPC. AT THIS POINT, I DON'T KNOW HOW

[01:20:01]

WE CONDUCT THAT MEETING BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW THAT WE HAVE A CONSENSUS HERE AS TO HOW THAT MEETING OUGHT TO GO OR WHAT ITS GOAL SHOULD BE, WHAT IT SHOULD ENTAIL.

I THINK THAT'S AN AGENDA ITEM FOR THE RETREAT WE NEED TO DISCUSS. AND THAT WILL LEAD TO CORE ISSUES, WHETHER THEY BE DEVELOPMENT ISSUES, I THINK THERE IS SOME ISSUES AS TO HOW WE MANAGE OUR BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS, WHAT WE EXPECT FROM THEM.

NOT JUST ARB, THE COMMENTS BY CRC AND CONTEXT OF STAFFORD I THINK RAISED CONCERNS. I HINK IN THE PAST COMMENTS MADE BY OTHER BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS RAISED SOME CONCERNS. I'M ALWAYS DISAPPOINTED THAT MORE COUNCILMEMBERS DON'T SHOW UP TO MPC MEETINGS OTHER THAN WHEN THERE IS A HUGE ISSUE. I THINK THERE IS A REALLY DISCONNECT. AND I KNOW I AM GUILTY OF THAT WITH SOME OF THE OTHER BOARDS. WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN THIS RETREAT IS MORE OF AN ISSUE-DRIVEN RETREAT.

NOT A GOAL-DRIVEN RETREAT. I WOULD ALSO LOVE TO SEE US PLAN OUT FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR OUR AGENDAS.

NOT NECESSARILY OUR BUSINESS MEETING AGENDAS BUT WE'VE ALKED ABOUT THIS FOR YEARS. IT HASN'T REALLY HAPPENED.

I WOULD LIKE TO PLAN OUT OUR COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE AGENDAS SO THAT WE CAN TACKLE SOME OF THESE MAJOR ISSUES.

WE GOT A LOT ON OUR PLATE THIS YEAR COMING DOWN THE PIKE.

NORTHEAST GATEWAY IS JUST ONE THING.

AS THE MEMO IN YOUR PACKET SAID, IT LOOKS LIKE LIFESTYLES MAYBE REACHING OUT TO US AGAIN. WE HAVE THE STAFFORD PROJECT.

WE JUST HAVE A NEW MALL OWNER. YOU KNOW, WE GOT TO GET OUR HEAD AROUND SOME OF THESE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS, WANT WE WANT TO DO WITH THEM AND HERE WE WANT TO GO WITH SOME OF THESE THINGS.

AND ARE THERE TRADEOFFS? IF WE GET THIS DEVELOPMENT, DOES THAT MEAN WE CAN DO SOMETHING ELSE OVER HERE? I WOULD LIKE MORE OF THAT LO LONG-RANGE PLANNING AS OPPOSED TO AGE-FRIENDLY IS A GOAL. I WANT TO SAY, OKAY, IF WE GET A MILLION DOLLARS IN TAX REVENUE FROM THE MALL, WHERE CAN WE USE IT SOMEPLACE ELSE? THOSE ARE THE KIND OF THINGS.

THAT'S US LOCKING OURSELVES IN A I MEAN, YOU KNOW, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A DIFFERENCE OF OPINION. WE HAVE TO GET THOSE THINGS OUT.

I ALSO, AS I SAID, A MONTH AND A HALF AGO I HAD COFFEE WITH A PRETTY AMAZING LADY WHO SPENT THE LAST 10 YEARS DISCUSSING THE PSYCHOLOGY OF CHANGE. WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND SOMEPLACE FOR HER TO MAKE THE PRESENTATION.

WE HAVEN'T FOUND THE IGHT FIT. IS IT SOMETHING WE CAN CARVE OUT AN HOUR OF OUR RETREAT, HAVE HER GIVE THAT RECEIPT.

AND HAVE SOME OF OUR OTHER DECISION-MAKERS LIKE THE VISIONING COMMITTEE COME AND LISTEN.

SOME OF OUR CITIZEN GROUP LISTEN TO HER MAKE THE PRESENTATION AND MAKE IT BROADER. THOSE ARE SOME OF MY OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD IDEAS. AND GENERALLY, AND KIND OF LIKE TO CHANGE THE FOCUS TO ISSUE-DRIVEN AS OPPOSED TO

GOAL-DRIVEN IN THIS RETREAT. >> D. ROBINSON: I LIKE WHAT I HEAR. CAN YOU SAY MORE, MR. MEYERS, ABOUT ISSUES? COULD YOU GIVE MORE CONTENT AND DESCRIPTION? YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT PROCESS

AND I LIKE THAT. >> PRO TEM S. MYERS: LET ME GIVE ONE EXAMPLE. OKAY? WE HAVE AN ORGANIZATION THAT'S RIGHT GOING TO COME IN AND THEY ARE GOING TO PROPOSE SOME DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR THE CHILDREN'S HOME. AND WE KNOW RIGHT NOW THAT REGARDLESS OF WHAT THAT DEVELOPMENT PLAN IS, IT'S GOING TO MEET WITH SOME PUSH BACK. IT'S GOING O MEET WITH SOME OBJECTION. LET'S DREAM BIG AND ASSUME SOMETIME IN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS WE FIND OUT THERE IS GOING TO BE REDEVELOPMENT OF THE MALL THREE YEARS DOWN THE ROAD IS GOING TO MAKEUP $2 MILLION IN TAX REVENUE.

ATHE ANTHEM BUILDING BRINGS IN A MILLION DOLLARS.

WE KNOW TH THOSE THINGS AREN'T GOING TO HAPPEN BUT WHAT IF THEY DID? DOES THAT CHANGE THE EQUATION AT UMCH? I THINK THOSE ARE THE DISCUSSIONS WE NEED TO HAVE BECAUSE WE'RE BEING ON ALL OF THESE PROJECTS AND IT'S GOVERNMENT.

[01:25:02]

WE'RE REACTIONARY BY NATURE. AND MAYBE WE NEED TO GET MORE PROACTIVE ON THESE THINGS. IT MAY BE WE COME OUT OF THAT DISCUSSION SO FAR APART THAT WE CAN'T DO IT ANY OTHER WAY.

BUT AT LEAST WE KNOW. AT LEAST WE'LL HAVE GOT OUR POSITIONS OUT THERE. AND WE'LL UNDERSTAND.

AND MAYBE WE'LL SURPRISE OURSELVES AND COME UP WITH A ROADMAP. BUT I MEAN, IF WE'RE GOING TO HAVE THESE THINGS COMING AT US THIS YEAR, I THINK STAFFORD IS GOING TO BE A SMALL PROJECT BY THE TIME THIS ALL OVER.

IT COULD VERY WELL BE. I'M HOPEFUL IT IS.

I'LL PUT IT THAT WAY. OKAY? WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHEN THESE THINGS ARE COMING AT US AND WE CAN'T GET LETTERS FROM THE PUBLIC AND SAY, OKAY, THAT'S HOW WE'LL DO IT. LET'S MOVE ON. WE HAVE TO HAVE A PLAN. I'M CONCERNED BOUT WHAT COULD COME AT US THIS YEAR. I'M CONCERNED HOW STAFF IS GOING TO BE ABLE TO HANDLE WHAT IS GOING TO COME AT THEM THIS YEAR.

YOU RAISE A GOOD POINT, OR RACHEL RAISED A GOOD POINT ABOUT OUR OTHER FEES. AND YOU MENTIONED TRASH.

PERSONALLY, I CALL IT A TAX, A HIDDEN TAX.

WHEN IS THE LAST TIME WE WENT THROUGH OUR FEES?

TWO, THREE YEARS AGO? >>

>> PRO TEM S. MYERS: OKAY. I MEAN, YEAH, WHEN DO WE WANT TO START TALKING? WE CAN'T PUT THAT ON STAFF THIS YEAR. THOSE ARE THE KIND OF THINGS WE NEED TO DO LONG-RANGE PLANNING ON.

THAT GOES TO DIVERSITY F REVENUE.

THAT'S -- I DON'T KNOW IF THAT HELPS.

BUT HOSE ARE THE KIND OF THINGS I'M TALKING ABOUT.

MAYBE IT ENDS UP WITH YOU YELLING AT ACH OTHER, BUT AT LEAST WE CLEAR THE AIR. IT HAPPENED ANYWAY.

WHAT THE HECK. I ALSO, AND I'M LOOKING AT, YOU KNOW, SOME OF ARE ACTIVE CITIZENS SITTING OUT THERE.

SOME ONLY THREE LEFT IN THE ROOM.

AND SOME OF THESE DISCUSSIONS IT WOULD BE NICE IF WARD AND THE BIKE PED AND VISIONING COMMITTEE HEARD US DISCUSS THESE THINGS.

GOT INTO HOW WE THINK, HOW WE GET TO OUR DECISION MAKING, I THINK IT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL EVENTUALLY FOR ARB, MPC, CRC TO

HEAR HOW WE MAKE DEC DECISIONS. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: HOW BIG OF A ROOM? I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT LOGISTICS. YOU ARE INVITING THE BOARD AND

COMMISSIONS. >> PRO TEM S. MYERS: I'M SAYING IT'S OPEN IF YOU WANT TO COME HERE.

I'M NOT INVITING. SHOOT, I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IT

AT THE CONVENTION CENTER. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: OUR

MEETINGS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN OPEN. >> PRO TEM S. MYERS: NOBODY SHOWS UP. THE PRESS DOESN'T EVEN SHOW UP.

YOU KNOW? BUT MICHAEL WILL BE THERE.

HE'S AT EVERYTHING. MICHAEL WILL BE THERE.

HE WAS THERE LAST YEAR. WE KNOW WE CAN COUNT ON A FEW.

I'M JUST THINKING OUT LOUD HERE, FOLKS.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: THOUGH? >> B. KOWALCZYK: I'LL CHIME IN WITH THOUGHTS. I LIKE THE IDEA OF LOOKING AT ISSUES AND THINGS THAT ARE COMING DOWN THE PIKE THAT WE NEED TO ADDRESS. I THINK THAT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT. AND CONSIDERING YOU MENTIONED AGE-FRIENDLY BEING THE LATEST IN A SERIES OF PLANS THAT HAVE BEEN ADOPTED AND NOT MPLEMENTED AND THIS WILL BE THE NEXT ONE THAT WILL BE GOING THROUGH AND PUTTING TOGETHER A PLAN THAT DO WE HAVE THE CAPACITY TO IMPLEMENT IT? LOOKING AT GOALS AND NEW PROJECTS, I'M A LITTLE CONCERNED WE WON'T HAVE THE CAPACITY TO GET THEM DONE AS MUCH AS WE WANT TO ACCOMPLISH THEM. I THINK THE LOOMING PROJECTS THAT ARE OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ADDRESS NEED TO BE DISCUSSED.

I LIKE THE IDEA OF HAVING THAT DISCUSSION WITH THE PERSON YOU TALKED ABOUT ON THE PSYCHOLOGY OF CHANGE.

I THINK THAT WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL TO UNDERSTAND HOW ALL OF US DEAL WITH CHANGE AND HAT WE CAN DO IN OUR CONSIDERATION OF THESE PROJECTS TOIATE FEARS IF POSSIBLE OR TO ENSURE THAT WE'RE ADDRESSING EOPLE'S CONCERNS IN A WAY THEY HEAR AND FEEL THEY ARE BEING ACKNOWLEDGED.

I'M ALSO INTERESTED, I NOW A COUPLE OF US HAVE TALKED ABOUT THIS INDIVIDUALLY AND THE COMMUNITY RELATIONS COMMISSION, THERE WAS A DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS LAST WEEK OF TALKING ABOUT

[01:30:06]

HOW WE HAVE CONVERSATIONS THAT ARE CIVIL.

SO LOOKING AT CIVILITY IN OUR PUBLIC DEBATE.

JUDGING FROM THE LAST ELECTION AND THE CAMPAIGNS AND THE STUFF COMING OUT, WOULD IT BE OF BENEFIT FOR US TO HAVE A DISCUSSION ON HOW WE CAN, AND WE PRETTY MUCH DO I THINK ON THIS BOARD HAVE RESPECTFUL DEBATES ON ISSUES.

BUT IS HERE SOME WAY TO TAKE A LEADERSHIP ROLE FOR THE COMMUNITY THAT WE'RE THE RUN, WE ARE DOING THIS AND EMBRACING IT AND HERE'S HOW YOU HAVE THESE KIND OF DEBATES.

HAVING THE DISCUSSION ON THOSE VERY POTENTIALLY CONTROVERSIAL ISSUES IS A GOOD WAY TO HAVE THAT.

AS ONE OF OUR MAIN FOCUSES, THE DIVERSITY OF REVENUE.

I LIKE THAT IDEA AS WELL. I'M JUST THROWING THINGS OUT THERE THAT I LIKED WHAT I HEARD. AND HAD SOME ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS. BUT BEING NOT THE NEWEST PERSON ANYMORE, BUT A RELATIVELY NEW PERSON.

AND WE THROW UP NEW IDEAS BUT WE HAVE LL THESE OTHER THINGS GOING ON. AND I'M JUST CONCERNED THAT WE'RE NOT GOING TO GET WHAT WE HAVE TO GET DONE IF WE COME UP WITH NEW THINGS FOR STAFF TO WORK ON.

JUST MY THOUGHTS. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: I'M HEARING PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN THE PERSON WHO SPEAKS ON THE PSYCHOLOGY OF CHANGE. I'M TRYING TO PUT SOME THINGS TOGETHER. IF SO, WE MIGHT WANT TO SEE IF SHE'S AVAILABLE FOR FRIDAY NIGHT WITH HOW THINGS WORK AS ONE OF

OUR THINGS ON FRIDAY NIGHT. >> PRO TEM S. MYERS: I'M MORE THAN WILLING TO REACH OUT TO HER.

AND LET YOU AND THE CITY MANAGER KNOW WHILE SHE'S A WONDERFUL, CAPABLE LADY, I DON'T KNOW THE LIMITS OF HER ALTRUISM IF OU CATCH MY DRIFT. SHE DOES HAVE AN EMPLOYER WHO THIS IS PART OF HER JOB. SO I WOULD NOT BE INSULTED IF SHE ASKED FOR A FEE TO PRESENT THIS.

IF WE ASKED FOR AN HOUR OR SO OF HER TIME, DON'T THINK IT WOULD BE EXORBITANT. I'M COMPELLED TO APP BROACH THAT

SUBJECT. >> D. ROBINSON: CAN YOU PROVIDE THE REFERENCE INFORMATION FOR THIS? BECAUSE THE PSYCHOLOGY OF CHANGE AS A TOPIC SOUNDS INTERESTING.

BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHERE SHE'S COMING FROM.

>> PRO TEM S. MYERS: I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN GET.

BECAUSE IN MY DISCUSSIONS WITH HER, FROM LOOKING OUTSIDE WHERE YOU MIGHT FEAR A CERTAIN BIAS OF THE PRESENTATION ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

WHATEVER THAT HAPPENS TO BE. WHEN I DISCUSSED IT WITH HER, I WAS FAIRLY CONVINCED THAT THIS IS AN AID TO DECISION MAKING, NOT SOME TESTAMENTT S TO RIGHT OR WRONG OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

I WILL GET YOU AS MUCH MATERIAL AS I CAN GET A HOLD OF.

>> D. ROBINSON: IF WE BRING HER ON, THE IDEA OF A FRIDAY EVENING MAKES SENSE TO ME. I WAS INITIALLY THINKING IF IT WAS SATURDAY, THAT WOULD DISRUPT THE PROCESS BUT MAYBE A SECOND HALF OF FRIDAY WHERE WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT AND SLEEP ON IT WOULD

BE HELPFUL. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING ALONG THE SAME LINE, DAVID.

YEAH. OTHER THOUGHTS? DOUG? MR. SMITH?

>> D. SMITH: YEAH. IF WE CAN GET INTO ISSUES.

I'VE BEEN A PROPONENT OF TALKING PHILOSOPHICALLY ABOUT THINGS AND THAT GETS INTO THE DEEP-DIVE CONVERSATIONS WHICH I'M ALL FOR.

>> R. DOROTHY: I AGREE TALKING ABOUT ISSUES AND PIGGYBACKING ON MS. KOWALCZYK, WE HAVE QUITE A NUMBER OF PLANS OUT THERE.

WE CAN SEE HOW WE CAN INTEGRATE THESE PLANS AND HOW WE CAN MOVE FORWARD WITH THEM. AND WORK THROUGH THAT.

I THINK THAT WOULD B BE INTRIGUING.

I WOULD BE AT THAT MEETING. AND I BET IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL IF WE COULD GET THE PRESENTATION IF WE HAVE THE PRESENTATION CHANGE SOMEHOW THAT IF SHE HAD A YOUTUBE OR TED TALK OR SOMETHING WE COULD PUSH OUT TO EVERYONE IF THAT'S SOMETHING WE'RE GOING TO

DO. >> PRO TEM S. MYERS: I'LL REACH OUT TO HER AND SEE WHAT WE CAN DO.

ONE THING, IT'S BEEN MY EXPERIENCE IF WE GO WITH INSTEAD OF A GOAL APPROACH, AN ISSUE APPROACH, WHEN I PARTICIPATED IN THESE DISCUSSIONS BEFORE AND MAYBE IT'S JUST MY OWN

[01:35:07]

IDIOSYNCRASIES AND FL FLAWS. THEY TEND TO TAKE ON A LIFE OF THEIR OWN AND IT'S AN ORGANIC SESSION AND ONE LEADS INTO ANOTHER WHICH LEADS INTO ANOTHER.

I THINK WE NEED TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT HOW MANY TOPICS WE WOULD WANT TO PUT IN. BECAUSE I THINK IF WE START TALKING ABOUT ONE WE'RE GOING TO FIND IT'S VERY INNER CONNECTED TO ANOTHER. THAT'S A NATURAL BRIDGE TO THE OTHER, WHICH I HOPE MARTY COULD HELP US WITH.

WHAT I DON'T WANT, YOU KNOW, IF WE'RE CHUGGING ALONG AND MAKING PROGRESS, IT'S 11:15, WE MOVE ON NOW.

I WANT TO MAKE CERTAIN TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BE FREE FLOWING AND WE DON'T HAVE MANY OPPORTUNITIES OTHER THAN THIS RETREAT TO SIT DOWN AND TALK TO EACH OTHER AND TALK ABOUT THE CORE VALUES AND HOW WE THINK GOVERNMENT OUGHT TO WORK AND WHAT WE THINK OUR ROLE OUGHT TO BE.

I THINK THIS KIND OF A SETTING IS CONDUCIVE TO THAT KIND OF DISCUSSION, WHICH IN MY EXPERIENCE LED TO A WHOLE LOT MORE COHESION THAN DIVERSION. MAKE ANY SENSE? YEAH. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE, MATT?

>> I THINK THE IDEA OF FOCUSING ON ISSUES MAKING SENSE GIVEN EVERYTHING COMING ON THE HORIZON.

A LOT OF THINGS COULD CHANGE IN THE COMMUNITY IF THESE THINGS GO FORWARD. I THINK THAT'S A GOOD IDEA.

AS FAR AS KIND OF THE FLOW OF THINGS, DEFER TO YOU ON THE RETREAT. I WANT THIS TIME TO

BE PRODUCTIVE. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: THESE PROJECTS ARE COMING ON US AND THE COMMUNITY IS GOING TO BE LOOKING TO US TO FIGURE OUT SOME DIRECTION AND WHAT WE'RE DOING. I THINK HAVING THE CONVERSATIONS ARE REALLY IMPORTANT. JUST TO THAT END, I DID -- AT YOUR SITE YOU HAVE A LISTING FOR THE MUNICIPAL PLANNING COMMISSION. I CUT AND PASTED THE ANSWERS SO EVERYONE HAS EVERYBODY'S COMMENTS.

LAW DIRECTOR SAID NOT TO DO REPLY ON ALL AND AS WE'RE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING WITH THE RETREAT AND THE MEETING, YOU KIND OF LOOK AND THIS GIVES US AT LEAST SOME BACKGROUND IF WE DID A MEETING WITH HIS GROUP.

IT WOULD HELP US BEGIN TO FRAME WHAT TO DO SO WE HAVE SOME IDEAS WITH IT. AND ALSO THERE IS A MEMO LOOKING AT FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS THAT MR. GREESON ENT OUT.

I THINK THAT ALSO CAN FIT INTO SOME OF OUR DISCUSSIONS FOR THE RETREAT. I THINK THAT'S ONE THING WE ALSO NEED TO COME OUT OF AS AN OUTCOME, WOULD BE SOME OF THE AGENDA ITEMS FOR FUTURE COMMITTEES OF THE WHOLE.

>> PRO TEM S. MYERS: NOT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT, IT'S 7-7 AT THE END OF THE FIRST QUARTER. GAME HAS BEEN ON FOR AN HOUR N

NOW. >> D. ROBINSON: WHAT GAME?

>> PRO TEM S. MYERS: THE JOE BURROW'S ANOINTMENT GAME IS WHAT

IT IS. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO BE BROUGHT UP ABOUT THE RETREAT?

>> M. GREESON: IF WE WERE ALL RECORDING IT.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH DIRECTION?

>> M. GREESON: WE'RE GOING TO INCAPSULATE THIS AND SHARE IT WITH MR. JENKINS IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH HIM FACILITATING THE RETREAT. AND THEN START TO SCHEDULE HIS CONVERSATIONS WITH EACH OF YOU INDIVIDUALLY.

AND I THINK THIS GIVES KIND OF A GREAT STARTING POINT FOR THOSE CONVERSATIONS. AND START TO BUILD AN AGENDA AFTER HE WORKS WITH EACH OF YOU. AND THEN IF WE NEED SOME CLARITY AND FOLLOW-UP, WE'LL PUT IT ON THE AGENDA AND HAVE ADDITIONAL FOLLOW-UP CONVERSATION IF NECESSARY.

[7. Reports of Council Members]

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: REPORT WHEN YOU ARE READY. AND THEN I GUESS THE QUESTION IS WHETHER OR NOT AT SOME POINT YOU NEED TO HAVE AN EXECUTIVE SESSION TO TALK ABOUT VACANT BOARD AND COMMISSION SEATS.

YOU CAN DECIDE WHETHER YOU WANT TO DO THAT TONIGHT OR AT THE NEXT MEETING. BUT I HAVE SOME BRIEF REPORTS.

ONE IS JUST I HOPE EVERYBODY HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO ATTEND THE MLK EVENT NEXT MONDAY. YOU ALSO MAY HAVE GOTTEN A NOTICE IN THE MAIL ABOUT AN EXHIBIT THIS THURSDAY FROM 6 TO 8 COMMEMORATING 10 YEARS OF THE MAC BEING OPEN.

IT'S HARD TO IMAGINE THAT'S BEEN OPEN FOR 10 YEARS.

SEVERAL THINGS THAT I INCLUDED AT YOUR PLACE.

[01:40:02]

A DOCUMENT AND LOOK AHEAD AGENDA.

AND WE TALKED ABOUT THE PARKS AND RECREATION FEE.

ALSO, I WANTED TO CALL YOUR ATTENTION LATER THIS WEEK IN THE NEXT DROP-IN PACKET RESEARCH OUR CLEMSON GRADUATE DID.

DON'T HOLD THAT AGAINST HIM. MR. BARNHARDT ON JOINT

RECREATION DISTRICTS. >> PRO TEM S. MYERS:

>> M. GREESON: ON JOINT RECREATION DISTRICTS, TO INFORM THE SWIM MEET CONVERSATION. SO I HOPE YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO REVIEW THAT. GLAD TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.

AND I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL:

CAN WE GET A TIME? >> 5-7 P.M. WE'LL SEND OUT AN INVITATION IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: OKAY. >> B. KOWALCZYK: A QUESTION ABOUT THE PROPOSED AGENDA. SOMETHING WE HAD PUT OFF IN TERMS OF SPEAKING ABOUT IS THE SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER.

AND I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SURE THAT IS ON A FUTURE AGENDA.

THERE IS NOT A RUSH BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO MEET WITH THE CHIEF AND TALK ABOUT IT MORE. HE'S COMING INTO THIS NEW.

TO GIVE HIM TIME TO LOOK AT WHAT WE'VE GOT AND UNDERSTAND HIS

THOUGHTS. >> M. GREESON: YEAH.

I WAS ACTUALLY LOOKING BACK AT OUR NOTES.

YOU GUYS SAID WE NEED TO BRING IT BACK IN JANUARY.

I DON'T THINK THAT WAS REALISTIC OR FAIR TO THE CHIEF.

I AGREE, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE HIM TIME TO GET TO KNOW THE PROGRAM. AND BE PREPARED FOR THAT CONVERSATION. WE HAVEN'T LOST SIGHT OF IT .

IN FACT, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT IT TODAY.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: HAVE THE OTHER COUNCILMEMBERS GOTTEN IN THEIR BOARD AND COMMISSION SELECTIONS, WHO THEY WANTED? EARLIER TODAY THERE WERE ONLY TWO.

>> WE HAVE FIVE SETS OF RESPONSES.

AND WE HAVE THEM TYPED UP. IF YOU WANT AN EXECUTIVE SESSION, I WILL BRING IT THEN. IF YOU WANT TO POSTPONE, I CAN DISTRIBUTE WHAT WE HAVE TO HE COUNCIL.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: WORTHINGTON LIMIT LAST WEEK.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: OKAY. A GENERAL CONSENSUS WE'LL HAVE AN EXECUTIVE SESSION AFTER THE NEXT COUNCILMEMBER REGARDING BOARD AND COMMISSION APPOINTMENTS.

OKAY. ALL RIGHT.

ANYTHING ELSE, MR. GREESON? MS. THRESS?

MR. LINDSEY? >> A COUPLE OF THINGS BRIEFLY IF I MAY. IN LIGHT OF THE EARLY DISCUSSION ON THE NORTHEAST GATEWAY, I WANTED TO UPDATE YOU ON THE 10 APPROPRIATIONS CASES FILED. WE HAVE REACHED A TENTATIVE SETTLEMENT ON ONE WITH THE ANHEUSER-BUSCH COMPANY.

THAT'S THEIR LEGAL HAS COMPLETED THAT REVIEW.

THE ACTUAL EASEMENT DOCUMENTS STILL NEED TO BE FINALIZED BETWEEN EASEMENT FOR THE BENEFIT OF COLUMBIA GAS.

WE NEED TO MAKE SURE THE TERMS OF THAT ARE ACCEPTABLE TO BOTH CORPORATE ENTITIES WHICH TAKES LONGER.

THE ACTUAL DOLLARS AND BASIC PARAMETERS OF THAT AGREEMENT HAVE BEEN RESOLVED. AS WELL AS ONE OF THE SMALLER DOLLAR AMOUNT PARCELS HAS ALSO REACHED AT LEAST A TENTATIVE SETTLEMENT THROUGH THE MEDIATION PROCESS.

THAT LEAVES US WITH EIGHT REMAINING ONES, TWO OF WHICH ARE ACTUAL PAPER CASES IN THE SENSE THOSE ARE ESTATES FOR FRAGMENT PARCELS NO KNOWN HEIRS. IT'S A PROCESS OF COMPLETION.

THAT IS THE STATUS OF APPROPRIATIONS.

THE OTHER PIECE OF THAT IS WE HAVE A COUPLE OF MATTERS REGARDING COLUMBIA GAS I'LL BRING FORWARD LATER FOR EASEMENT AND FOR A RELOCATION REIMBURSEMENT AGREEMENT.

I WANT TO ECHO THE SENTIMENTS OF MR. BATE'SS AND MEYERS REGARDING LAST THURSDAY'S MEETINGS.

I ATTENDED A LOT OF MEETINGS OVER MY CAREER.

WHEN YOU SEE A DISCUSSION AMONG PEOPLE WHO HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS ON AN ISSUE THEY FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT CONDUCTED IN SUCH A CIVIL AND RESPONSIBLE MANNER S A GREAT CREDIT TO THE COMMUNITY,

[01:45:01]

TO THOSE INDIVIDUALS AND BOARD. AND SO IT WAS AN HONOR PROFESSIONALLY TO BE THERE AND WITNESS THAT.

JUST THE COMMUNITY DESERVES CREDIT FOR HOW THAT MEETING WAS CONDUCTED. I'VE SEEN MANY A MEETING WITH THE CLAPPING AND BOOING AND THINGS THAT DO NOT MAKE FOR A PRODUCTIVE PROCESS. SO ANYWAY, I JUST FELT IT WAS WORTH COMMENTING AS WELL. SO NOTHING FURTHER.

>> THANK YOU. I BRIEFLY WANTED TO INTRODUCE SOMETHING IN THE WORKS WITH THE SUSTAINABLE WORTHINGTON GROUP OUT OF THE PARTNERSHIP, I HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF ATTENDING THE LAST MEETING LAST WEEK AND THEY RECEIVED A PRIMINGS FROM AEP ON THE COMMUNITY ENERGY SAVERS PROGRAM.

AN INTEREST TO ORGANIZE A COMMITTEE TO PUSH FORWARD ON THE PROGRAM IN WORTHINGTON, THE REBATES THAT FUND THIS PROGRAM HAVE ENDED VIA HOUSE BILL 6 IN THE LEGISLATURE.

THIS COULD POTENTIALLY BE THE LAST YEAR TO GET SOME SIGNIFICANT FUNDING IN THE COMMUNITY FOR IT.

UNLESS FUTURE PLANS ARE MADE OR CHANGES MADE AT THE STATE LEVEL.

AND SO JUST AGAIN, IGH LEVEL TO PUT IT ON PEOPLE'S RADARS, THE AD HOC GROUP WOULD MAKE GOALS FOR ENROLLMENT IN PROGRAMS, BASELINE PARTICIPATION. THE MORE AMBITIOUS THE GOAL, THE MORE FINANCIAL REWARD THAT MAY COME THROUGH TO THE COMMUNITY FOR A PROJECT. AND SO SOME KEY STEPS GOING FORWARD ARE GOING TO BE THE TIMELINE THIS GROUP IS GOING TO WORK ON ND THE TIMELINE FOR THE CITY AS FAR AS -- OR EXCUSE ME, THE PRIORITY N CONJUNCTION WITH THE CITY FOR A POTENTIAL PROJECT TO PUT THE FUNDING TOWARDS. THEY HAVE GOT VARIOUS EXAMPLES FROM OTHER COMMUNITIES OUR SIZE THROUGHOUT THE STATE IT'S BENEFITED. AND I THINK A FUTURE PRESENTATION AND AT A MINIMUM FUTURE DISCUSSIONS ARE WARRANTED SO EVERYONE IS UP TO SPEED. THIS GROUP IS TALKING ABOUT PLANNING A LITTLE MORE THIS MONTH AND NEXT WITH ROUGHLY THREE TO FOUR MONTH CAMPAIGN TO GET IT DONE.

AS FAR AS THE GOALS FOR COMMUNITY ENROLLMENT, IT'S ADVISED TO NOT GO TOO FAR INTO THE YEAR, MIDDLE TO END OF SUMMER TO PUT FORWARD A CAMPAIGN TO GET THE EFFICIENCY ENROLLMENT. IF YOU GET TO T THE 100%, YOU GT THE AWARD, IF YOU GET HALF WAY, THEY WILL CREATE A THREE-YEAR SUSTAINABILITY PLAN FOR OUR COMMUNITY.

THTHAT IS UP INTEREST TO ME. HIGH-LEVEL.

WANTED TO TOUCH ON IT. THIS GROUP IS EXCITED ABOUT IT AND LOOK LIKE THEY WILL DO A LOT OF WORK TO DRIVE THIS.

JUST WANTED TO START THE DISCUSSION.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: AS YOU HAVE MORE INFORMATION,ERSE IF YOU CAN GIVE IT TO MR. GREESON. WE WOULD ALL BE VERY INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE ABOUT WHAT THIS ENTAILS.

AND IT'S A PERFECT HIGH-LEVEL DISCUSSION AT THIS POINT.

I THINK EVERYONE WANTS TO LEARN MORE.

>> P. BUCHER: THE GENTLEMAN GAVE A GREAT PRESENTATION.

IF IT MAKES SENSE FOR HIM TO COME IN, I'M SURE HE WOULD LIKE

TO DO THAT. >> B. KOWALCZYK: I'LL PIGGYBACK ON WHAT MR. BUCHER WAS TALKING ABOUT.

THE PARTNERSHIP HAS A SUSTAINABILITY COMMITTEE.

IT WAS KIND OF IN ITS INFANCY AND PICKED UP STEAM.

THIS IS ONLY ONE OF MANY INITIATIVES THEY ARE LOOKING AT.

AND SO IT'S A GREAT WAY THAT THE COMMUNITY AND A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE VOLUNTEERED TO DO DIFFERENT THINGS ON TRANSPORTATION, EDUCATING THE PUBLIC AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

AND ALSO, TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THESE KIND OF PROJECTS.

SO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR OTHER POTENTIAL OPPORTUNITIES THAT WE CAN HELP TO SUPPORT THEM IN THE FUTURE.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: MMR. SI TH.

>> D. SMITH: THE NEXT MEETING IS >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: CORRECT . MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY.

MR. MEYERS? >> PRO TEM S. MYERS: I'VE SAID

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: MS. DOR OTHY?

>> R. DOROTHY: MR. GREESON ANNOUNCED THE MCCONNELL ART CENTER HAS AN ART SHOW THIS THURSDAY, IN CELEBRATION OF THE 10-YEAR ANNIVERSARY. 6-8, EVERYONE IS INVITED TO THE MAC FOR THAT CELEBRATION. THE SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVE IS REALLY EXCITING. THANK YOU BOTH FOR THAT UPDATE.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT TO ROLL OUT AND HOPE TO HAVE EVERYONE IN THE COMMUNITY BE A PART OF THAT. I CAN'T WAIT TO BE A PART OF THAT MYSELF. MR. ROBINSON AND I DID MEET WITH

[01:50:03]

SOME PEOPLE WHO RE LOOKING TO SEE IF WE AN ASK FOR THE NEXT TIME WE HAVE OUR BID FOR ELECTRICAL AGGREGATION, WHAT KIND OF RENEWABLES WE CAN HAVE IN OHIO.

SO WE LOOK FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THAT IN THE FUTURE.

AND THAT'S ALL I HAVE FOR THIS >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: MR. ROB

INSON. >> D. ROBINSON: I TOO HAVE SAID ENOUGH, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF WANTING TO COMMEND MR. BARTTER ON HIS MANAGEMENT ON OUR CITY'S SURPLUSES SO THE INTEREST REVENUE IS GREATER THAN EXP EXPECTED.

NICELY DONE, SCOTT. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: IN THE LOOK AHEAD AGENDA ITEMS MR. GREESON SENT OUT, HAVING THE STAFFORD VILLAGE RECOMMENDATION FOR MUNICIPAL PLANNING ORDINANCE TO BE INTRODUCED ON FEBR FEBRUARY 3RD WITH THE PUBLIC HEARING ON FEBRUARY 18. WANTED TO MAKE SURE IT'S OKAY WITH COUNCILMEMBERS. JUST WANTED TO DOUBLE CHECK THAT. ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANYTHING ELSE? IF NOT, MR. MEYERS MOVES WE ADJOURN, SECONDED BY

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.