Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[1. Call to Order]

[00:00:20]

>> I'D LIKE TO CALL THIS MEETING TO ORDER FOR OCTOBER 19TH, 2020. ROLL CALL, PLEASE.

>> EVERYONE PLEASE RISE. I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR HAD WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND

JUSTICE FOR ALL. >> I'M SURE EVERYBODY WANTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COUNCIL MEETING, SEND AN EMAIL TO COUNCIL@WORTHINGTON.ORG. OR CALL THE NUMBER TO PARTICIPATE WHERE WE CAN HEAR YOU AND TALK BACK AND FORTH.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, WE WILL MOVE OB TO THE FIRST ITEM ON THE AGENDA. FIRST, ANY VISITOR COMMENTS,

[5. Community Visioning Update]

MS. THRESS THAT HAVE COME IN? >> CITY

>> THERE ARE NONE. THANK YOU.

>> AND NOW AN UPDATE. YOU ARE ON MUTE, JOE.

UNMUTE YOURSELF. >> THERE WE GO.

I'M NOT THE BEST WITH INTRODUCTIONS.

I THANK YOU SO MUCH, MADAM PRESIDENT AND MEMBERS OF COUNCIL. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR -- WE HAVE COMPLETED OUR FINAL TWO PIECES OF THAT.

THE COMMUNITY AND WE WORKED OUT THE FINAL DETAILS OF THESE DRAFT VISION STATEMENTS AND PRINCIPLES.

A FURTHER DISCUSSION AND TO GAIN CONSENSUS WITHIN THESE VISION STATEMENTS AND PRINCIPLES.

WHAT WE HAVE DONE IS HAVE OVER 50 FOLKS SIGN UP.

WE HAVE A GROUP OF 50 PEOPLE TRYING TO ALL COMMUNICATE.

WE BROUGHT THIS INTO FOUR SEPARATE ROOMS.

[00:05:02]

WE WERE ABLE TO GO THROUGH EACH VISION STATEMENT AND SUPPORTING PRINCIPLE. WE DID THIS BY ASKING BASIC QUESTIONS. DO THEY MATCH YOUR VISION OF WORTHINGTON 10-15 YEARS AGO, WHY OR WHY NOT.

WE ALSO ASKED DO YOU THINK THESE PRINCIPLES SUPPORT THE VISION, WHY OR WHY NOT. ARE WE MISSING ANY PRINCIPLES OR VISIONS FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW? THESE SESSIONS TURNED OUT TO BE VERY ENLIGHTENING AND I THINK BOTH HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE REFINING AND REFOCUSING OF OUR STATEMENTS AND SUPPORTING PRINCIPLES.

THIS SET US UP FOR OUR MEETING ON THE 13TH.

OUR AGENDA WAS BASICALLY JUST TO GO THROUGH THESE VISION STATEMENTS AS WELL AS SUPPORTING PRINCIPLES.

WE KICKED OFF FROM HAVING COMMENTS REVIEWED AND PUT INTO A STATEMENT BY -- SO WE HD A CHANCE TO REVIEW WHAT HAD BEEN SAID. WE THEN DECIDED TO DO A VISION COMMUNITY SURVEY. THE REASON I THINK THIS IS IMPORTANT IS WE WANTED TO GIVE EACH COMMITTEE -- COMMUNITY MEMBER A CHANCE TO SAY WHAT THEY HEARD THE COMMUNITY SAY.

THE SURVEY WAS REALLY PRETTY SIMPLE.

WE LOOKED AT VISION STATEMENTS AND SUPPORTING PRINCIPLES AND WE ASKED THE QUESTION, IS THIS MISSION ALIGNED WITH WHAT YOU HEARD FROM THE COMMUNITY? YES, EXACTLY.

OR JUST YES. VERY CLOSE OR SIMPLE NO.

WE ASKED IS THIS ESSENTIAL TO OUR COMMUNITY'S DESIRES BASED ON WHAT YOU HEARD THE COMMUNITY SAY.

SIMPLE ANSWER, YES OR NO. AND WHICH PRINCIPLES ARE MOST IMPORTANT TO THIS VISION, AGAIN, BASED ON WHAT YOU HEARD.

WE ASKED, PICK YOUR TOP THREE. AND THE LAST QUESTION WAS WHICH PRINCIPLES ARE LEAST IMPORTANT TO THIS VISION AND WE ASKED THEM TO PICK ONE. THE NEXT 5-10 MINUTES WE WERE ABLE TO PULL THIS TOGETHER SO WE HAD THE BALANCE OF THE MEETING TO REVIEW WHAT WAS SAID AND IT WAS REALLY INTERESTING BECAUSE IT GAVE US THE OPPORTUNITY TO REALLY REFINE THESE VISION STATEMENTS AND THE SUPPORTING PRINCIPLES.

IT SET THE STAGE FOR WHERE WE ARE TODAY.

AND WHERE WE ARE TODAY IS THE 19TH.

SO FROM THAT MEETING ON THE 13TH TO THE 19TH, WHAT WE HAVE DONE IS WE HAVE BROKEN OURSELVES INTO SMALL TEAMS. OUR THREE GROUPS RIGHT NOW OF TWO THAT HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL OF THE VISION STATEMENTS AND PRINCIPLES.

AND THEY ARE MAKING THEIR COMMENTS, THEIR EDITS.

AND THIS WAS HANDED BACK TO WARREN WHO DID A CONSOLIDATION OF WHAT THE THREE TEAMS HAD COME BACK WITH.

WE THEN HANDED THIS OFF TO ANOTHER PAIR ON THE COMMITTEE FOR THEM TO REVIEW, FURTHER REFINE AND SEE WHAT THEY HAD SAID AND MAKE THEIR CHANGES. BY THE 22ND, THIS WILL BE A FINAL REVIEW THAT WILL COME TO AUSTIN, THE VICE CHAIR AND MYSELF, ALONG WITH THE CITY TO DO OUR FINAL REVIEW OF WHAT WE HAVE SEEN. LASTLY, WE ARE GOING TO GO BACK TO THE COMMITTEE WITH A ONE DAY TURN AROUND SO THEY CAN TAKE A LOOK. AFTER ALL THIS HAS BEEN COMPLETED AND WE WILL TAKE THESE VISION STATEMENTS AND POST THEM ON THE WEBSITE. THIS WILL BE THE COMMUNITY'S OPPORTUNITY TO WEIGH IN WITH THEIR THOUGHTS.

WE ARE TRYING TO IDENTIFY ANY SHOW STOPPERS.

THE ISSUES THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED.

OTHERWISE I FEEL WE ARE GOING TO GET INTO MINOR GRAMMAR AND WORD SMITHING. THIS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE 30TH. WE WILL GO TO A MEETING ON THE 26TH. THIS WILL START ON OUR DRAFT REPORT. THIS WILL BE FOR OUR REVIEW.

WE WILL LOOK AT EVERYTHING WE HAVE DONE.

HOW WE ARRIVED AT THESE VISIONS AND PRINCIPLES, IT WILL BE SHARED WITH COUNCIL. BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY WE WILL GO THROUGH EVERY SINGLE PAGE.

AND THINK THIS IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT.

WE WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THIS PROCESS THROUGH THE 31ST.

[00:10:01]

WE WILL HAVE AMPLE TIME TO TAKE A LOOK.

WE WILL HAND OFF THIS POWERPOINT THEN, AND ALSO WORKING ON OUR POWERPOINT FOR THE REVIEW FOR COUNCIL ON THE 9TH. WE AE GOING TO HAND THESE VISION PRINCIPLES TO TAKE A LOOK AT AND THEN WE WILL PRESENT OUR OVERVIEW WHICH IS A 30-MINUTE OVERVIEW TO COUNCIL.

SO I THINK, AT THE END OF THE DAY, WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO DO, WHAT I THINK WE HAVE DONE ARE REALLY GOOD JOB OF AND WORKED HARD FOR IS WE ARE TRYING TO BUILD THESE VISIONS TO BE THAT OF ONE VOICE. AND THAT IS THE VOICE OF OUR COMMUNITY. AND THEN LASTLY, I THINK JUST AS IMPORTANT, WE AS THE COMMITTEE, WE CROSSED THIS FINISH LINE TOGETHER AND WE KNOW WE HAVE DONE OUR BEST WORK.

SO THAT'S THE UPDATE FROM THE COMMITTEE AND WHERE WE ARE.

AND I TINK IT WILL TAKE US THROUGH THE PRESENTATION ON THE 9TH. ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS?

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO THANK YOU AND THE COMMITTEE. THAT'S A LOT OF HARD WORK AND AN AWFUL LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT PEOPLE HAVE PUT IN.

BUT IT'S EXCITING. IT'S GETTING EXCITING.

WE ARE COMING TO A POINT WHERE YOU CAN SEE A FINISH LINE.

I JUST CAN'T THANK THE COMMITTEE AND YOUR LEADERSHIP ENOUGH FOR ALL THE TIME, EFFORT, ENERGY THAT THEY HAVE PUT INTO TRYING TO PUT TOGETHER A VISION FOR OUR COMMUNITY.

I WILL OPEN THIS UP TO QUESTIONS FROM ANY COUNCILMEMBERS. COMMENTS?

>> SO I JUST WANTED TO BE CLEAR, AND THANK YOU, MR. SHERMAN FOR YOUR OVERVIEW. IT IS REALLY EXCITING TO SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.

IT SOUNDS LIKE, FROM WHAT YOU DESCRIBED, IS IT NOVEMBER 9TH

WE WILL HAVE A FINAL REPORT? >> NO, I'M SORRY.

WE WILL HAVE AN OVERVIEW OF, IT WILL BE THE PRESENTATION OF THAT FINAL REPORT. THE FINAL REPORT WILL ACTUALLY BE WRITTEN THROUGH THE BALANCE OF THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER.

AND W NEED TO DELIVER THAT BY THE END OF NOVEMBER.

>> OKAY, THAT'S HELPFUL. >> I'M SORRY.

>> NO, JUST WANT TO GET AN IDEA. IT'S EXCITING, IT'S STILL NOT TOO FAR OFF. ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL THIS AND ONCE YOU MADE YOUR PRESENTATION TO US, ARE THERE PLANS FOR THE COMMITTEE TO DO SOME KIND OF END OF PROJECT CELEBRATION WITH THE COMMUNITY, TO SHARE THIS REPORT AND THANK EVERYONE FOR ALL THE GREAT WORK THEY HAVE DONE?

REALLY HIGHLIGHT IT. >> WITH TE COVID SITUATION, I THINK IT WILL BE A CHALLENGE BUT I KNOW THIS GROUP QUITE WELL. WE WILL FIGURE SOMETHING OUT.

WE ARE THINKING OF POSTING SOMETHING ON THE WEBSITE THAT WILL GIVE US THE OPPORTUNITY TO THANK THE COMMUNITY AND WORK THAT OUT. BUT YS, WE WILL CELEBRATE THE FACT THAT WE HAVE LISTENED, AND I THINK PRESENTED A REAL

QUALITY PIECE OF WORK. >> RIGHT.

THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: ANYONE ELSE?

>> MR. SHERMAN? >> I JUST WANT TO --

>> I DON'T HAVE MUCH ELSE TO SAY EXCEPT I WANT TO ECHO WHAT YOU AND MS. MICHAEL SAID, EXPRESSING GRATITUDE FOR ALL THE HARD WORK AND I LOK FORWARD TO SEEING THE FNAL RESULT AND HOPEFULLY THERE'S SOME BIG CELEBRATION AT THE END.

THANK YOU. >> WELL, THANK YOU.

I APPRECIATE THAT. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: MR.

ROBINSON? >> MR. SHERMAN, THANK YOU FOR THE EFFORT. OBVIOUSLY THE IMMENSE AMOUNT OF LABOR AND LEADERSHIP THE COMMUNITY HAS BECOME PRETTY TIGHT WITH ITSELF AND I APPLAUD THAT, IT SPEAKS A LOT ABOUT YOU.

DID I HEAR YOU SAY THERE WOULD BE ONE LAST OPPORTUNITY FOR ANY COMMENTS LATER THIS MONTH, PUT ON THE WEBSITE AND SOLICIT

FEEDBACK? >> WE WILL PUT THIS UP ON THE WEBSITE AND WE WILL BE ASKING FOR FINAL COMMENTS TO PULL THAT THEN BACK DOWN ON THE 30TH. SO IT WILL GO UP ON, I BELIEVE THE 25TH AND DOWN, A WEEK BASICALLY.

>> GOT IT. >> ALSO I LIKE THE FACT YOU AREN'T FEELING, PARTICULARLY RUSHED TO PRESENT A REPORT PREMATURELY, I THINK. GETTING A REPORT TO THE PUBLIC BEFORE WE BREAK FOR THE NEW YEAR WOULD BE REALLY A FITTING TIMING SO WE CAN ALL CONSIDER IT AND THINK ABOUT IT AND TALK ABOUT IT OVER DECEMBER AND THE HOLIDAYS.

SO NICE TIMING. >> WELL, THANK YOU.

WE TALKED ABOUT MOVING ON INTO DECEMBER.

WE THOUGHT LET'S JUST GET THIS CLOSED DOWN IN THE MONTH OF

[00:15:02]

NOVEMBER, AND LIKE YOU SAY, IT WILL GIVE US AN OPPORTUNITY TO

REVIEW. >> GREAT, THANK YOU.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? I HAD A QUESTION. ONE THING YOU MENTIONED, MR. SHERMAN IS YOU HAD THE COMMITTEE LOOK AT THE TOP THREE POINTS AND THE ONE POINT. I'M HOPING THAT WHEN IT COMES TO THE FINAL REPORT THAT COUNCIL WILL HAVE SOME LEADERSHIP, OR SOME VISIONING GUIDANCE WHERE THERE'S CONFLICT BETWEEN SAY, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, GREEN SPACE, SUSTAINABILITY, AND SO THOSE KIND OF THINGS.

HOW COUNCIL NEEDS SOME GUIDANCE ON WHAT IS THE VSION OF THE COMMUNITY IN SOME OF THE PLACES. I WAS GOING THROUGH SOME OF THE SURVEY STUFF. I SAW A LOT OF THINGS THAT WERE CONFLICTING, THEY ARE ALL GREAT THINGS BUT EQUALLY STANDING, IF YOU AE TALKING ABOUT HOUSING. AND TALKING ABOUT HAVING MORE DIVERSITY IN-HOUSING, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, GREEN SPACE.

SOME OF THOSE THINGS. THEY ARE ALL GOOD.

AND WE ALL LIKE THEM ALL. BUT I'M JUST NOT SURE HOW THE VISION OF COMMUNITY NARROWS THESE DOWN AS IT COMES TO THE LONG-TERM VISION OF THE FUTURE OF THIS CITY.

>> WELL, I CAN EXPLAIN THAT BRIEFLY.

THE PRINCIPLES THEMSELVES ARE THOSE THAT SUPPORT THE VISION YOU HAVE TO BE ALE TO FOCUS YOUR PRINCIPLES.

LET'S SY FOR THE CONVERSATION WE HAVE NINE PRINCIPLES PART OF THE VISION STATEMENT AND THE COMMUNITY AND EVERYBODY FOCUSES THIS DOWN TO THREE. WE STILL HAVE THE SIX PRINCIPLES. THAT WILL GO INTO ACTION STEPS.

THAT WILL BE AN APPENDIX, PART OF THE FINAL DOCUMENT PART OF THE VISION STATEMENT. YOU CAN GO BACK AND LOOK.

[6. Approval of Minutes]

HERE ARE YOUR PRINCIPLES AND THEN HERE ARE THE OTHER ACTION STEPS THAT THE COMMUNITY BROUGHT OUT.

SO I THINK THE ABILITY TO FIGURE OUT THE THREAD AND HOW ALL THIS COMES TOGETHER. THAT'S OUR GOAL ANYWAY.

SO I HOPE THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: THAT SOUNDS GREAT.

DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? IF NOT, MR. SHERMAN, AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK,

[7. Ordinance No. 39-2020 Coronavirus Relief Fund Appropriation]

DEDICATION AND DESIRE TO MAKE WORTHINGTON A BETTER PLACE.

WE APPRECIATE YOU AND THE WORK OF THE VISIONING COMMITTEE.

>> IT WAS MY PLEASURE, SO THANK YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: NO, THANK YOU.

I'M GOING TO MOVE ONTO THE APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE OCTOBER 5TH MEETING. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY REVISIONS, CHANGES, CORRECTIONS, ANYTHING? HEARING NONE, MR. BOOKER MOVES WE APPROVE THE MINUTES.

SECOND BY MS. KOWALCZYK. ALL I FAVOR? OPPOSED? THE MINUTES HAVE PASSED.

ORDINANCE 39-2020. THE CORONAVIRUS RELIEF FUND APPROPRIATION. AMENDING ORDINANCE 25 2019 AS AMENDED TO ADJUST THE ANNUAL BUDGET PROVIDING APPROPRIATION FROM THE KRIEFL RELIEF FUND UNAPPROPRIATED BALANCE.

WE HAVE TWO THINGS THAT WE HAVE TO AMEND.

WE HAVE TO AMEND SECTION 1 TO INSERT THE RELIEF FUND TOTALS.

WE HAD CURRENTLY RECEIVED $529,037.

THE FULL TOTAL, $822,834. AND WITH NUMBER ONE BEING INSERTED, ONE NOW MOVES DOWN TO SECTION 2 ON THE ORDINANCE.

MR. BARTER DID I GET THAT RIGHT? >> I THINK IF WE CAN JUST MOVE TO AMEND IT AS I'LL PUT IN THERE.

SECTION 2 WITH THE VERBIAGE AND THEN THE APPROPRIATION.

>> MR. SMITH MOVES WE AMEND THE ORDINANCE SECOND BY MR. MYERS.

ANY FURTHER DISCUSSION ON JUST THE AMENDMENT? WE WILL GO INTO THIS IN MORE DETAIL BUT JUST THE AMENDMENT.

IF NOT, ALL THOSE IN FAVOR SIGNIFY BY SAYING AYE.

OPPOSED, LIKE SIGN? OKAY, MR. DPREE -- GREESON,

WE WILL TURN IT OVER TO YOU. >> PRESIDENT MICHAEL, AS YOU KNOW WE HAVE BEEN WORKING REALLY HARD ON THIS AND NOBODY HAS BEEN WORKING HARDER THAN MR. BARTER, OUR FINANCE DIRECTOR. I WILL LET HIM, OR HAVE HIM

[00:20:01]

COVER WHAT WE ARE DOING AND MAY ADD SOME COMMENTS AS WELL.

MR. BARTER? >> THANK YOU, MR. GREESON, PRESIDENT MICHAEL, MEMBERS OF COUNCIL.

THIS, I BELIEVE IS OUR FOURTH PIECE OF LEGISLATION, AROUND THE CARES ACT FUNDING. THIS APPROPRIATES THE THIRD ROUND, THIRD DISTRIBUTION OF $529,437.

IT DOES BRING THE TOTAL DISTRIBUTION OF CARES ACT FUNDING TO THE CITY OF WORTHINGTON AT $1,352,271.59.

THE SECOND PIECE OF THE ADDENDUM THERE IS JUST THAT 20% DIVISION OF FIRE AND POLICE PAYROLL EXPENSES ARE DEDICATED TO MITIGATING OR RESPONDING TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.

UNDER THE GUIDANCE FROM BOTH THE STATE OF OHIO AND THE TREASURY, WE CAN REALLY ALLOCATE 100% OF THOSE PAYROLL EXPENSES. HOWEVER WE HAD FIRE DO SOME RESEARCH. 20% OF THEIR RUNS IN A ONE WEEK SAMPLE WERE COVID-19-RELATED. SO WE ARE USING THAT PERCENTAGE TO APPLY TO THE WAGES IN BOTH OF THOSE DEPARTMENTS AND USING CARES ACT FUNDING FOR THAT. WE DID CONVENE A CARES ACT GROUP CONSISTING OF TWO REPRESENTATIVES FROM COUNCIL.

COUNCILMEMBER MICHAEL AND COUNCILMEMBER KOWALCZYK ALONG WITH MYSELF AND OTHER STAFF, MR. MCKURKLE AND LISA WITH THE WORTHINGTON LIBRARIES. WE HAVE AGREED UPON A PATH FORWARD THAT THIS IS THE FIRST PORTION OF, WHICH IS CONTINUE TO ASSOCIATE THESE CARES ACT FUNDING WITH WAGES AND THEN USE THE GENERAL FUND DOLLARS THAT WOULD HAVE PREVIOUSLY GONE FOR SUPPORTING THE WAGES TO SUPPORT A BUSINESS GRANT PROGRAM OR FURTHER SUPPORT THE BUSINESS GRANT PROGRAM THROUGH REBATE AND ADDITIONAL FUNDING TO SUPPORT NON-PROFITS.

I INTRODUCED THAT LEGISLATION TONIGHT.

IT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC HEARING ON NOVEMBER 2ND.

WE CAN TALK ABOUT THE CONCEPTS HERE BRIEFLY TONIGHT THOUGH.

THAT THEN TAKES GENERAL FUND DOLLARS OF $225,000, MOVES IT INTO THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FUND AND THEN WE USE THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FUND MONEY ALONG WITH THE $75,000 THAT WE PREVIOUSLY USED TO CONTINUE FUNDING.

REBOOT BUSINESS GRANT PROGRAM. AND THEN ALSO HAS AN ADDITIONAL $100,000 OF THE GENERAL FUND IN A NEW BUDGET TO ALIGN THE SUPPORT NON-PROFITS. THESE WERE THE RESULT OF THE WORTHINGTON CORONAVIRUS RECOVERY SURVEY.

WHICH WAS CONDUCTED, LED BY LISA FULLER AT WORTHINGTON LIBRARIES BUT MANY COMMUNITY GROUPS WERE INVOLVED.

SOLICITING RESPONSES AND DEVELOPING THE QUESTIONS AND ANALYZING THE RESULTS. SOME OF THE KEY TAKE-AWAYS ARE SOME OF THE BIGGEST STRUGGLES COMING FROM SMALL BUSINESSES AND THEN CERTAINLY MENTAL HEALTH AND WE FEEL THAT THE APPROPRIATIONS THAT WILL BE FORTHCOMING ON NOVEMBER 2ND CAN HELP TO ADDRESS THOSE ISSUES IN THE COMMUNITY.

I THINK THOSE SURVEY RESULTS WILL BE FORTHCOMING TO COUNCIL PROBABLY THIS WEEK. IT'S A LOT OF INFORMATION, IT'S A LOT OF WORDS BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS

THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE. >> YEAH, ACTUALLY, I THINK WE WILL RELEASE THE ENTIRE SURVEY RESULTS TO THE PUBLIC AS WELL.

LATER THIS WEEK. WE WERE WORKING WITH THE EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF THE SURVEY RESULT IN THE COMMITTEE.

BASICALLY THE KEY FINDINGS WHICH MR. BARTER REPORTED.

AND I BELIEVE WILL COME BACK WITH SOME PROGRAM GUIDELINES, PROBABLY SEPARATELY FOR REBOOT IN EARLY NOVEMBER.

IT MAY TKE A LTTLE BIT LONGER ON THE NOT-FOR-PROFIT EFFORTS.

BUT WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT ALL OF THAT.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY FOR ALL THE TIME THEY PUT INTO MEETINGS. MS. KOWALCZYK AND I WERE ON THE MEETING WITH MR. BARTER AND OTHER PEOPLE TRYING TO DISCUSS HOW WE CAN TAKE CARE OF SOME OF OUR COMMUNITY GOUPS THAT ARE IN NEED. AND HOW TO DO IT IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE. WE WANT TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE TIME AND EERGY PUT INTO IT.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS.

[8. Resolution No. 48-2020 Transfer 2020-03 (General Fund)]

HEARING NONE, MS. THRESS, CAN YOU CALL THE ROLL ON ORDINANCE

39-2020. >>

[00:25:15]

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: ORDINANCE 39-2020 IS PASSED.

MOVING ONTO RESOLUTION 48-2020. TRANSFER 2020-03 GENERAL FUND.

THIS IS A RESOLUTION THAT AUTHORIZES THE TRANSFER OF PREVIOUSLY APPROPRIATED FUNDS TO COVER EXPENSES AS ANTICIPATED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR.

IN APPROPRIATE CATS. APPROVAL OF THIS RESOLUTION WILL NOT RESULT IN AN INCREASE OF TTAL APPROPRIATIONS.

INTRODUCED BY MS. DOROTHY, MOVED FOR ADOPTION BY MR. ROBINSON, SECOND BY MR. BOOKER. MR. GREESON?

[9. Resolution No. 49-2020 Amend Position Descriptions and Staffing Chart]

>> YEAH, I'M GOING TO ASK MR. BARTER TO ONCE AGAIN COVER OUR

TRANSFER. >> THANK YOU, MR. GREESON.

MS. PRESIDENT AND MEMBERS OF COUNCIL.

JUST TRANSFERRING APPROPRIATIONS BETWEEN BUDGETARY ALLIANCE. THIS DOESN'T INCREASE THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF APPROPRIATION, I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY

QUESTIONS IF THERE ARE ANY. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: DO WE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? IF NOT, ALL THOSE IN FAVOR SIGNIFY BY SAYING AYE. OPPOSED, LIKE SIGN.

OKAY RESOLUTION 48-2020 IS PASSED.

RESOLUTION 49-2020, AMENDING POSITION DESCRIPTIONS AND STAFFING CHARTS. FOR ASSISTANT CITY MANAGER AND AMENDING POSITION TITLE AND POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR ASSISTANT CITY MANAGER, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR AND AMENDING THE STAFFING CHART TO ACCOMMODATE SAID POSITIONS.

THIS IS INTRODUCED BY MS. CO KOWALCZYK MOVED BY MR. MYERS, SECOND BY MS. DOROTHY. MR. GREESON.

>> YES, MS. PRESIDENT, MEMBERS OF COUNCIL.

I HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT THIS PROPOSED SLIGHT REORGANIZATION AND CHANGE OF JOB DESCRIPT -- DESCRIPTIONS AND MINOR TITLE CHANGES. THE RESOLUTION CHANGES TWO JOB DESCRIPTIONS. ONE IS THE ASSISTANT TO THE CITY MANAGER, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR, CREATING A POSITION OF ASSISTANT CITY MANAGER.

ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR AND REVISES SOME OF THAT JOB DESCRIPTION DUTIES. SEPARATE ASSISTANT CITY MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION. IN THE FIRST INSTANCE, THE REVISIONS, THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR TITLE THAT POSITION WILL CONTINUE TO OVERSEE AND IMPLEMENT THE CITY'S ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY AND INITIATIVES.

WHILE ALSO ASSUMING SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR MORE GENERAL MANAGEMENT DUTIES IN ADMINISTRATION, OVERSEEING I.T.

CLERK, PUBLIC INFORMATION COURTS.

SOME OF THE FUNCTIONS UNDER MS. STEWART.

THEY ARE A HIGH PRIORITY AND WE ALL WOULDN'T WANT THOSE TO SUFFER IN ANY WAY. THIS GIVES PROFESSIONAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES TO TWO DIFFERENT EMPLOYEES.

AS WELL AS PROVIDING FOR FOCUSED OVERSIGHT OF ALL OF THOSE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE HISTORICALLY IN THE ADMINISTRATION AREA. ADDITIONALLY, THE ASSISTANT CITY MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION IS REVISED A LITTLE BIT TO PROVIDE A DIRECT OVERSIGHT OF THE DEPARTMENTS OF PARKS AND RECREATION, PLANNING AND BUILDING AND SERVICE AND ENGINEERING. MS. STEWART WILL HAVE OPERATING OVERSIGHT OVERALL DEPARTMENTS THAT HAVE TWO NAMES EXCEPT FIRE AND E.M.S. OKAY, NOBODY IS LAUGHING AT MY JOKES. ANYWAY.

THAT DOES A COUPLE THINGS. ONE, IT PROVIDES SOME HIGH LEVEL ADMINISTRATIVE SUPERVISION OVERSIGHT, ASSISTANCE IN THESE DEPARTMENTAL AREAS.

PARTICULARLY WHEN WE ARE HAVING MAJOR INITIATIVES AND ACTIVITIES AND THESE ARE MAJOR . I THINK THE ADDITIONAL THING IT DOES IS TYPICALLY THE CITY MANAGER IN WORTHINGTON HAS HAD

[00:30:01]

NINE DIRECT REPORTS. AND THIS BREAKS UP THE NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS TO ME THE CITY MANAGER.

THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY PERSONNEL LAW AND FINANCE WILL STILL REPORT TO THE CITY MANAGER.

[10. Ordinance No. 40-2020 CIP - 2020 Sewer Lining Repair]

THIS HELPS IMPLEMENT THAT. IT DOES IT BY AMENDING THE STAFFING CHART AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS.

LATER ON YOU WILL INTRODUCE AN ORDINANCE THAT HELPS FURTHER

AFFECT THIS. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: OKAY.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? HEARING NONE, ALL THOSE IN FAVOR SIGNIFY BY SAYING AYE. OPPOSED, LIKE SIGN.

HEY, ORDINANCE 49-2020 IS PASSED.

-- RESOLUTION 49-2020 IS PASSED.

INTRODUCING ORDINANCE 40-2020. SEWER LINE REPAIR.

THIS IS AMENDING ORDINANCE 45-2019 AS AMENDED.

MR. ROBINSON. ORDINANCE 41 2020 ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AMENDING 45-2019 AS AMENDED TO ADJUST THE ANNUAL BUDGET BY PROVIDING APPROPRIATIONS FROM TE GENERAL FUND AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT UNAPPROPRIATED FINDS INTRODUCED BY MR. BOOKER. ORDINANCE 42-2020 ESTABLISHING COMPENSATION FOR THE ASSISTANT CITY MANAGER ECONOMIC -- EMAIL . FROM CONSTITUENTS HAVING

CONCERNS. >> PRESIDENT MICHAEL, I DON'T KNOW IF MS. LINDSEY IS ON AND IF YOU HAVE ANY PROCESS QUESTIONS. AND I GUESS AT THIS JUNCTURE, LAST WEEK WE SPENT A FAIR AMOUNT OF TIME TALKING ABOUT PROCESS. AND MR. LINDSEY IS AVAILABLE TO TOUCH ON THAT AGAIN. MR. BROWN, IF YOU ARE ON, WE ARE ALSO ABLE TO PROVIDE SOME OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECT.

BUT WHAT THE REAL TASK HERE IS, IS TO DECIDE WHETHER YOU WANT TO HEAR THE APPEAL AND FOR US TO PROVIDE WHATEVER INFORMATION THAT YOU NEED TO DECIDE WHETHER YOU WANT TO HEAR IT.

YOU WANT US TO OVERVIEW THE MATERIALS AND WHETHER YOU WANT US TO ANSWER ANY MORE PROCESS QUESTIONS.

MR. LINDSEY, I WOULD ASK, IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU WOULD THINK WOULD BE APPROPRIATE.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: I THINK A REAL QUICK COUPLE MINUTE OVERVIEW WOULD BE GOOD OF PROCESS.

>> WHAT WE ARE DECIDING TONIGHT AND THEN WHAT NEXT STEPS, IF

ANY, THERE ARE AFTER THIS. >> SO THE DECISION TONIGHT UNDER THE CODIFIED ORDINANCES WOULD BE WHETHER OR NOT YOU DESIRE TO HEAR THE APPEAL. TONIGHT WOULD NOT BE A PUBLIC HEARING ON THE APPEAL. AND SO TONIGHT IS A DECISION BASED PRIMARILY ON A PAPER REVIEW, THE DOCUMENTS THAT MR. BROWN, DIRECTOR BROWN PUT IN THE PACKET, PROVIDES YOU THE BASIC INFORMATION REGARDING THE NATURE OF THE APPEAL, ESTIMATED BY THE APPLICANT. AND THE NATURE OF THE ISSUE THAT WAS HEARD BY THE A.R.B. SO YOU HAVE ALL THOSE MATERIALS.

AND SO YOUR DECISION TONIGHT IS WHETHER OR NOT YOU BELIEVE THAT THIS APPEAL THAT WAS FILED BY THE APPLICANT WARRANTS A PUBLIC HEARING ON THAT ZEGS. LAST WEEK, I WENT THROUGH THE WAY THE COURTS DECIDE, THE SUPREME COURT, BOTH OHIO AND THE UNITED STATES DECIDE TEIR DISCRETIONARY APPEALS AND STANDARDS THEY USE. A HEARING ON THAT DECISION.

[00:35:01]

LAST WEEK I WENT THROUGH THE WAY THE COURTS DECIDE, THE SUPREME COURT BOTH OHIO AND THE UNITED STATES, DECIDE THEIR DISCRETIONARY APPEALS AND STANDARDS THEY USE.

NOT ONE PAGE WAS REQUESTED. BUT TRYING TO PROVIDE AN OVERVIEW OF WHAT IS REQUIRED UNDER THE CODE AND HOW THE COURTS DECIDE IT AND HOW THAT MIGHT PLAY OUT IN THE CASE OF THIS PARTICULAR SOLAR PANEL APPEAL.

SO HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY MORE QUESTIONS.

THAT'S THE ISSUE BEFORE YOU TONIGHT.

>> PRESIDENT B. MCHAEL: ARE THERE OTHER QUESTIONS? MR. MYERS DID YOU WANT TO ADD ANYTHING FOR OUR REPRESENTATIVE

FROM THE A.R.B./M.P.C. >> YOU HAD TO STICK ME FIRST.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: SORRY. >> I GO BACK TO WHAT MR. LINDSEY TALKED ABOUT LAST WEEK AND WHAT COURTS WOULD APPLY WHETHER TO TAKE A DICTION -- DISCRETIONARY.

A.R.B. HAD A DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS.

A LOT CENTERED ON THE SME THINGS WE WERE DISCUSSING ABOUT WHEN WE ADOPTED OUR AMENDMENTS TO THIS GUIDELINE.

THAT'S ABOUT, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM OTHER COUNCILMEMBERS.

-- >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: MR.

ROBINSON? >> ISSUES THAT COALESCE AROUND SOLAR PANELS. OUR HISTORIC DISTRICT TO THE THREAT OF CLIMATE CHANGE AND HOW THIS -- AMBIGUITY OF REGULATIONS THEMSELVES AND THE 4-3 VOTE, I VERY MUCH WOULD LIKE TO HAR THE APPEAL AND HAVE COUNCIL WEIGH IN ON THIS IMPORTANT TOPIC.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: OKAY. OTHER THOUGHTS? OTHER COMMENTS? QUESTIONS?

>> I WOULD AGREE WTH MR. ROBINSON.

I THINK JUST LOOKING AT IT FROM A PAPER REVIEW THAT THE ACTUAL GUIDELINES ARE AMBIGUOUS AND I THINK THE A.R.B. HAD A DIFFICULT TIME APPLYING THEM. I THINK IT MERITS A REVIEW OVER WHAT THE GUIDELINES SAY IN TERMS OF THIS PARTICULAR CASE AND THEN ALSO CONSIDERING THE BIGGER QUESTION AT HAND.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: AND I THINK WHAT WE ALL UNDERSTAND THERE'S A BIG ISSUE BETWEEN HOW YOU BALANCE SUSTAINABILITY AND THE PRESERVATION OF THE HISTORIC DISTRICT.

THEY HAVE BOTH BEEN HIGHLY PRIZED GOALS OF MEMBERS OF OUR COMMUNITY. ANY OTHER THOUGHTS, COMMENTS?

>> I WOULD AGREE WITH MR. ROBINSON, MS. KWALCZYK.

I TINK WE SHOULD HEAR IT AND WEIGH THE MERITS AND CLARIFY.

>> MR. LINDSEY. JUST BECAUSE I BRING THIS UP EVERY TIME WE HAVE ONE OF THESE COME BEFORE US.

I DO A DPREE WITH YOUR PREDECESSOR MS. FOX REGARDLESS OF ANY MEETING

ARE BREAKING UP. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: MR. SMITH, YOU BROKE UP ON THAT. COULD YOU REPEAT IT?

>> SORRY, DO YOU HAVE ME HERE? >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: YEAH.

>> DO YOU AGREE EACH NUMBER OF PREROGATIVE HOW THEY VOTE ON THIS HERB SHOE? -- ISSUE.

>> ABSOLUTELY. AS WITH ALL YOUR COUNCIL ACTIONS THIS IS EACH INDIVIDUAL COUNCILMEMBER DETERMINING WHETHER OR NOT THEY BELIEVE HEARING THIS APPEAL IS APPROPRIATE. THEREFORE EACH OF YOU WILL VOTE.

THE PUBLIC HEARING WILL SCHEDULED AT A FUTURE DATE.

>> A PROCESS QUESTION JUST TO CONFIRM WHAT I THINK I UNDERSTAND. WE USE THAT TERM PUBLIC HEARING MORE IN THE COUNCIL CONTEXT THAN IN THE LEGAL CONTEXT.

[00:40:04]

THIS IS NOT A DE NOVO HEARING. THERE WILL BE NO NEW EVIDENCE, OR TESTIMONY. THIS WILL BE A REVIEW OF THE RECORD GENERATED BY A.R.B. AND A DISCUSSION AMONGST COUNCIL MUCH LIKE YOU WOULD HAVE IN AN APPELLATE COURT.

>> THE CODE ITSELF DOESN'T SPECIFY ONE WAY OR THE OTHER IN THAT REGARD. I DO NOT BELIEVE SNCE I HAVE BEEN THE LAW DIRECTOR THAT WE HAVE ACTUALLY MOVED PAST THE STAGE OF THE PROCEEDINGS. I DON'T BY PRIOR PRACTICE KNOW COUNCIL'S APPROACH TO THE ACTUAL CONDUCTING OF THAT HEARING. SO I GUESS THAT WOULD BE A SECONDARY QUESTION. THE CODE DOESN'T PROVIDE THAT IT IS A DE NOVO HEARING. IT DOESN'T PROVIDE THAT IT'S A PAPER HEARING. THE CONTEXT WHICH IT SAYS A PUBLIC HEARING BEING HELD IN MY READING OF TE CODE BECAUSE CERTAINLY TONIGHT IS A PUBLIC HEARING IN THE CONTEXT IT'S A PUBLIC MEETING WHERE PEOPLE ARE PRESENT, AT LEAST VIRTUALLY.

MY READING OF THE CODE THAT YOU COULD OBTAIN TESTIMONY BUT WOULDN'T BE REQUIRED TO ENTERTAIN TESTIMONY.

BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO LOOK AT THAT, LOOK WHETHER LAW DIRECTOR FOX OR MINISTERS TIME IF THERE'S ANY OPINION GUIDANCE GIVEN ON THAT ISSUE. I HAVE NOT RESEARCHED THOSE

FILES PRIOR TO TODAY. >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: OTHER THOUGHTS? OTHER QUESTIONS?

>> I THINK IF WE DECIDE TO ACCEPT THIS AS AN APPEAL, I THINK WE DO NEED TO HAVE PRIOR TO THE PUBLIC HEARING ON THIS ISSUE. I DO THINK WE NEED SOME GROUND RULES AS TO HOW WE ARE GOING TO APPROACH IT.

THE COUPLE OF TIMES SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON IT, WE HAVE HAD THESE, WE HAVE CONDUCTED PAPER REVIEWS WITHOUT ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE BECAUSE THEY REALLY WERE CORE -- I DON'T WANT TO SAY -- ISSUES, MAYBE VALUE ISSUES.

WE DIDN'T NEED ADDITIONAL TESTIMONY BECAUSE IT WAS FULLY DEVELOPED. WE AREN'T REALLY DECIDING FACTS ARE, WHAT THE FACTS ARE AND AREN'T.

THOSE ARE ALL FAIRLY IN AGREEMENT.

THE QUESTION IS HOW DO YOU APPLY THAT GUIDELINE.

WHAT IS THE LAW? THAT IS BASICALLY A JOB JUST FOR US THAT WE CAN DISCUSS. I WOULD LEAN TOWARDS A DISCUSSION AND PAPER REVIEW AS OPPOSED TO A RETRACTED REHEARING OF WHAT'S ALREADY BEEN DETERMINED.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: OKAY. HOW DO OTHER COUNCILMEMBERS FEEL ABOUT IT BEING A PAPER HEARING VERSUS TRYING TO DO

SOMETHING DE NOVO? >> ITHINK THERE'S CONSIDERABLE INFORMATION IN THE FILE, IN THE PAPER THAT WE HAVE.

AND I DON'T THINK THERE'S ANYTHING I CAN THINK OF THAT I WOULD NEED. IN ADDITION.

I GUESS MY QUESTION WOULD BE, WE ARE GETTING A LOT OF PUBLIC COMMENTS. IS THAT SOMETHING THAT WOULD BE PRECLUDED AS WELL IF WE DECIDED WE WANTED TO DO, YOU KNOW, JUST

A REVIEW OF THE DOCUMENTS? >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: MR.

MYERS, GO AHEAD. >> WHILE I APPRECIATE PUBLIC COMMENT, THIS IS REALLY JUST A QUESTION OF LAW.

SO PUBLIC SENTIMENT, WHILE MAY BE SIGNIFICANT IN A POLITICAL CONTEXT WOULD NOT BE NECESSARILY SIGNIFICANT IN A LEGAL CONTEXT. THAT REALLY IS FOR US TO DECIDE.

DID THEY APPROPRIATELY APPLY THE DESIGN GUIDELINES AS WE

INTERPRET THEM? >> RIGHT.

I GET THAT. WE HAVE A UNIQUE SITUATION HERE BECAUSE WE AREN'T TECHNICALLY A COURT.

AND WE DO OFFER PUBLIC, THE AVAILABILITY FOR THE PUBLIC TO COMMENT ON OUR AGENDA. SO I JST WANTED TO UNDERSTAND THAT, NOT THAT IT WOULD NECESSARILY PROVIDE US ANY MORE

[00:45:02]

EVIDENCE TO CONSIDER IN TE DETERMINATION OF THE CASE.

>> WELL, I CAN CERTAINLY REPRESENT THAT THREE AND A HALF YEARS AGO WHEN WE ADOPTED THESE GUIDELINES THERE WAS SIGNIFICANT PUBLIC INPUT OVER A SIX-MONTH PERIOD WHEN WE

DRAFTED THESE. >> AS WE WERE DRAFTING THE

GUIDELINE. >> CORRECT.

>> I DO BELIEVE IF YOU WERE TO DECIDE THIS IS GOING TO BE A PAPER REVIEW, THEN CONSIDERATION OF THESE ADDITIONAL EMAILS WOULD NOT BE APPROPRIATE BECAUSE TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU ARE GOING TO CONSIDER THOSE YOU HAVE THEN OPENED THE DOOR TO THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SPEAK AT A HEARING VERSUS SUBMITTING WRITING IN A HEARING THAT WAS NOT PART OF THE ORIGINAL A.R.B. SO IF YU ARE DOING A PAPER REVIEW, I DO NOT BELIEVE IT WOULD BE APPROPRIATE TO REALLY CONSIDER THOSE. YOU HAVE RECEIVED THEM.

WE DON'T HAVE THESE ADMINISTRATIVE HEARINGS AT THE COUNCIL LEVEL. BUT ESSENTIALLY, YOU WOULD BE ACTING IN A QUASI JUDICIAL FASHION, BECAUSE IF IT WERE A HEARING YOU WOULD BE ACTING IN A QUASIJUDICIAL FASHION.

YOU SHOULDN'T ENTERTAIN EX PARTE COMMUNICATIONS TO THE EXTENT THE PUBLIC PROVIDES THOSE EMAILS.

THIS HAPPENS IN MANY CITIES WHERE THE PUBLIC DOES WANT TO SPEAK TO THOSE. THE APPROPRIATE APPROACH WOULD BE TO MAKE SURE THAT THE APPLICANT IS AWARE OF ALL OF THE EMAILS THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED AND ANYBODY WHO IS THE ADVERSE PARTY TO THE APPLICANT ALSO RECEIVE THEM.

SO THEY WOULD HAVE THE ABILITY TO PRESENT AT A HEARING ANY REBUTTAL TO THE EMAILS THAT HAVE BEEN PROVIDED.

SO IN THAT REGARD, IT IS SIMPLY, CERTAINLY A SMPLER PROCESS TO DO TE PAPER REVIEW THAN TO REALLY BEGIN ALL OVER AGAIN WITH A FULL BLOWN HEARING AND ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY WANTING TO SPEAK TO THAT ISSUE, HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO AT A PUBLIC HEARING. ONCE AGAIN, I WILL BE, I AM OUT OF TOWN THIS WEEK. BUT WHEN I RETURN NEXT WEEK BE REVIEWING THE LEGAL FILES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF LAW AND SEE WHETHER OR NOT THERE'S ANY GUIDANCE THAT HAS BEEN PROVIDED IN THE PAST AS TO THE NATURE OF THAT HEARING.

I DON'T DOUBT M. MYERS RECOLLECTION THAT HAS BEEN DONE AS A PAPER REVIEW. I JUST WANT TO CONFIRM HOW THE LAW DIRECTORS ADDRESS THAT ISSUE BASED ON THE LANGUAGE

THAT WE HAVE. >> MR. LINDSAY, WHAT IS OUR

TIME LINE HERE? >> WE HAVE 60 DAYS FROM, MR. BROWN CAN TELL US THE EXACT DATE WHICH THE MINUTES WERE APPROVED BUT 60 DAYS FROM THE MINUTES BEING APPROVED.

I BELIEVE WE HAVE INTO OUR SECOND MEETING IN DECEMBER.

IS THAT CORRECT, MR. BROWN? BY YOUR CALCULATION?

>> YES, SIR. THE MINUTES WERE APPROVED AT

OUR MEETING ON OCTOBER 8TH. >> AND THAT WOULD BE TO HEAR THE APPEAL REGARDLESS OF WHEN WE AGREED TO TAKE THE APPEAL.

>> CORRECT. >> SO THAT WULD BE THE ACTUAL HEARING. HAS TO BE 60 DAYS AFTER THE FINAL DECISION WHICH AS WE DISCUSSED BEFORE IS THE APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES IN OUR CASE.

SO BY DECEMBER 8TH. I DON'T HAVE A CALENDAR IN FRONT OF ME AS TO THE SECOND MEETING IN DECEMBER.

IT MGHT BE THE FIRST MEETING IN DECEMBER.

MY GOAL WOULD BE TO PROVIDE COUNCIL AT LEAST WITHIN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS ANY INFORMATION I MAY FIND IN THOSE DEPARTMENT OF LAW FILES TO CLARIFY THIS ISSUE AND IF IT'S GOING TO BE A HEARING TO PROVIDE SOME GUIDANCE AS TO HOW THAT HEARING MIGHT BE CONDUCTED. IF IT'S GOING TO BE A PAPER REVIEW, THE GUIDANCE WOULD BE A LOT LESS IN THAT REGARD BECAUSE YOU ARE THEN REVIEWING THE MATERIALS, ESSENTIALLY, WHICH MR. BROWN HAS ALREADY PROVIDED. I DON'T KNOW WHETHER IN THE PAST IF WE MADE THE ACTUAL AUDIO TAPE AVAILABLE.

IN THIS CASE SINCE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A TEAMS MEETING, I BELIEVE WE HAVE BOTH AUDIO AND THE VISUAL VIDEO.

>> ARE YOU SAYING YOU CAN HAVE A REPORT TO US OF THE 2ND OF

NOVEMBER, OR THE 9TH? >> THE 9TH WOULD BE THE BETTER OPTION SINCE I'M OUT ALL WEEK AND DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO ANY OF

[00:50:01]

THOSE FILES. >> MR. LINDSEY, I THINK IN THE PAST, WE HAVE ACTUALLY TAKEN TESTIMONY AND HAD A FULL DISCUSSION WITH THOSE IN THE COMMUNITY ADDING.

BUT IT'S BEEN SO LONG, I WOULD HAVE TO DEFER BACK.

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL TIME, SCOTT.

SEVEN YEARS. >> I THINK WE HAVE HAD THREE APPEALS. TWO, MAYBE JUST ONE.

THAT WE ACTUALLY BROUGHT IN. ONE RESULTED IN A CODE CHANGE.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: THE EVENING STREET EXPANSION OF THE

SCHOOL? >> THAT, I CAN'T REMEMBER.

>> IT WAS BROUGHT IN, YOU DECIDED NOT TO HEAR IT.

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: OKAY. >> MADAM PRESIDENT?

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: YES? >> TWO BASIC OPTIONS HOW TO

PROCEED, DE NOVO AND PAPER? >> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL:

CORRECT. >> COULD YOU PLEASE DESCRIBE WHAT THAT MEANS ACTUALLY IN TERMS OF THE CONDUCT OF THE

MEETING? >> MAY I?

>> PRESIDENT B. MICHAEL: YES. >> IT MEANS WE SET ASIDE WHAT HAPPENED BELOW. WE RECREATE THE ENTIRE RECORD.

WE START WITH THE APPLICATION. WE ACCEPT TESTIMONY FROM ANY PROPONENTS, OPPONENTS AND THE APPLICANT ITSELF.

WE THEN DETERMINE WHAT THE FACTS ARE.

SO WE GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS JUST LIKE A.R.B. WENT THROUGH THE PROCESS FROM THE VERY BEGINNING.

THAT'S PART OF A DO-OVER. APPEAL.

PAPER CASES, WE ACCEPT THE FACTS AS DETERMINED BY THE TRIER OF FACT WHICH WOULD BE A.R.B.

WE DETERMINE GIVEN THE ACCEPTED FACTS WHETHER THOSE FACTS WERE PROPERLY APPLIED TO THE LAW AND INTERPRETED PROPERLY.

THE LAW WAS PROPERLY INTERPRETED.

>> HOW WOULD THE FACTS BE PRESENTED TO US?

>> IN THE FORM OF THE MINUTES. THE TESTIMONY THAT WAS PRESENTED. IN A CASE LIKE THIS, I DON'T KNOW THAT THE FACTS ARE IN DISPUTE.

WE AREN'T GOING TO CHALLENGE THERE ARE X NUMBER OF SOLAR PANELS PLACED ON THIS PORTION OF THE ROOF FACING THIS DIRECTION, VISIBLE FROM THIS LOCATION AND THAT THIS HOMEOWNER HAS DONE PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO MAKE HIS HOME ENERGY EFFICIENT. THOSE ARE ALL ACCEPTED.

IT'S JUST GIVEN ALL OF TOSE FACTS, DID A.R.B. PROPERLY APPLY THE DESIGN GUIDELINES AND WE WOULD READ THEM.

>> I WOULD ASSUME -- >> SORRY, YOU RECORDED PAPER?

>> SORRY. >> I ASSUME THE APPEAL APPLICANT ITSELF WOULD BE PART OF THE PAPER RECORD WE WOULD

CONSIDER? >> RECORDED IN THE MINUTES AND

AUDIO AND VIDEO. >> ANY OHER QUESTION, MR. MYERS. WHEN I HEAR YOU SAY THIS WILL BE A LEGAL JUDGMENT. IT SEEMS TO ME INTERPRETATION AND VALUES WERE INHERENT IN THE M.P.C. DECISION ITSELF.

IF THAT'S THE CASE, HOW CAN WE OURSELVES NOT BASE OUR JUDGMENTS AT LEAST IN PART ON THOSE FACTORS.

I ASKED THAT JUST BECAUSE IF WE DO HEAR THE APPEAL, I THINK IT WOULD BE GOOD TO BE REALISTIC AND HONEST AS TO WHAT WE ARE

[00:55:03]

DOING. AND NOT SORT OF PRETEND IT'S A SORT OF STRICT RIGOROUS LEGAL DETERMINATION THAT COULD BE OBJECTIFIED. SO MAYBE CAN YOU SPEAK TO THAT,

PLEASE? >> I USE THE TERM LEGAL IN A

VERY NON-LEGAL DEFINITION. >> YOU HAVE THE FACTS AND THEN YOU HAVE OUR DESIGN GUIDELINE. THOSE ARE THE TWO SIDES OF THIS COIN. I DON'T SEE ANY NEED FOR U TO RE-DO THE FACTS. NOBODY DISAGREES AS TO WHAT THEY ARE. REDOING THE FACTS ISN'T GOING TO DO MUCH. WHAT WE NED TO DO IS TAKE A LOOK AT THE DESIGN GUIDELINES AND SEE IF THEY WERE APPROPRIATELY APPLIED TO THE FACTS.

WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT SUBJECTIVITY MY COUNCIL HAT, MY LEGAL HAT, WHENEVER I HEAR THE WORD SUBJECTIVE IT MAKES ME SHIVER.

THEY ACTUALLY ARE THERE AND I THINK THEY DO HAVE SOME WIGHT AND YOU CAN READ THEM SO WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO GIVE PEOPLE NOTICES TO WHAT THEY CAN DO. THIS IS WHAT WE WILL HEAR WHEN WE HEAR THIS APPEAL. THESE ARE THE CORE ISSUES I THINK WILL BE IN FRONT OF US. THESE ARE THE KINDS OF THINGS WE HAVE T HASH OUT IF WE HEAR THIS APPEAL.

I THINK THERE WILL BE MORE DEEPER CONVERSATION INTO WHAT OUR ROLE IS, WHAT THESE GUIDELINES MEAN, WHETHER THEY ARE APPROPRIATE. THOSE ARE THE KIND OF THINGS IF WE DECIDE TO HEAR THIS APPEAL BUT KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A HOMEOWNER WE HAVE TO DECIDE THUMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN BASED UPON THE LAW OR THE GUIDELINES AS THEY CURRENTLY EXIST.

BUT AGAIN, THAT'S A MERITS DISCUSSION.

I DON'T WANT TO GET TOO FAR AFIELD HERE.

I THINK WE KIND OF COME BACK TO WHAT MS. KOWALCZYK SAID AT THE BEGINNING. IS THIS A BIG ENOUGH ISSUE IT

OUGHT TO BE DECIDED BY COUNCIL. >> WHAT ARE WE FEELING COUNCILMEMBERS? I HAVE HEARD THREE PEOPLE SAY THEY WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE PAPER.

I HAVE HEARD MS. ROBINSON AND MS. KOWALCZYK AND MS. DOROTHY.

WANT TO DO A PAPER APPEAL OR NOT?

WHAT DO YOU FEEL? >> I WOULD ADD MY NAME TO THE LIST. I THINK IT'S WORTH THE MERIT OF HEARING. I THINK THE WAY THIS WERE TO BE DECIDED ON COULD EITHER BLOCK PROJECTS OR EXPAND PROJECTS PEOPLE ARE WILLING, PENDING ANY FUTURE CHANGES.

I THINK GETTING THIS RIGHT WOULD BE IMPORTANT.

ONE TWO THREE.ONE TWO THREE. >> ONE TWO THREE.

[13.a. Architectural Review Board Appeal - 150 West New England Avenue]

[13.b. Proposed 2021-2025 Capital Improvements Program]

[01:02:06]

ONE TW >> KACHLT -- CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS OVER THE FIVE-YEAR PERIOD.

AND MISS STEWART IS GOING DOFRT PROGRAM.

AND THIS IS ONE PART OF OUR OVERALL SET OF PRESENTATIONS IN THE COMING MONTH AND WE CAN DECIDE WHEN THIS COMES BACK.

THERE'S PLENTY OF TIME TO ABSORB.

IT WE WANT TO PRESENT IT THIS EVENING AND ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS

THAT YOU HAVE. >> THANK YOU MR. GREISEN.

AND MEMBERS OF COUNCIL, MR. GREISEN MENTIONED, I'M GOING TO TALK ABOUT THE PROPOSED 2021 TO 2025 CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS PROGRAM. THIS DOCUMENT WAS DISTRIBUTED ON OCTOBER 5TH TO CITY COUNCIL AND HAS BEEN PLACED ON OUR CITY'S WEBSITE, SO IT IS AVAILABLE FOR THE PUBLIC TO SEE THE FULL DOCUMENT. THIS PRESENTATION WILL JUST KIND OF GIVE AN OVERVIEW OF THE - OF THE -- OF THE TRENDS AND THE OVERALL PERSPECTIVE OF THE FIVE-YEAR PROGRAM AND THEN WE CAN TALK MORE DEPTH ABOUT THE PROJECTS AND EQUIPMENTS PROGRAMMED FOR NEXT YEAR FOR 2021.

THOSE ARE WHAT STAFF OULD MOVE FORWARD ON.

WE COULD TALK ABOUT ANY ITEMS WITHIN THE FALL TIME FRAME IF YOU WOULD LIKE. MR. GREISEN BRIEFLY TOUCHED ON THE APPROVAL PROCESS AND WHERE WE GO FROM HERE.

WE'RE CONSIDERING DISCUSSING THE C.I.P. THIS EVENING.

IN NOVEMBER WE HAVE A SERIES OF WORKSHOPS AND THERE'S AN OPPORTUNITY TO FOLLOW UP ON ANY ITEMS THAT COUNCIL WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS OR FOLLOW UP ON. IT IS SCHEDULED CURRENTLY FOR ADOPTION IN DECEMBER. LAST WEEK IN THE MEETING, THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING, WE WERE REQUESTED TO GIVE MORE DETAIL ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE VARIOUS PROJECTS AND EQUIPMENT PURCHASES THAT WE TALKED ABOUT WITH CITY COUNCIL LAST MAY IN LIGHT OF COVID AND THE NEED TO RESTRICT SOME EXPENDITURES UNTIL WE KNEW SOME OF THE FINANCIAL IMPACTS THIS YEAR OF THE PANDEMIC. WE INCLUDED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT EACH AND EVERY ONE THAT WAS LISTED ON THE MAIN MEMO HERE ON THE SLIDES. I DIDN'T NECESSARILY PLAN TO DISCUSS EACH OF THESE INDIVIDUALLY, BUT THERE'S INFORMATION INCLUDED HERE. THERE WERE SEVERAL PROJECTS REINSTATED IN 2020 AND THE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM AND FOR THE

[01:05:02]

COMMUNITY CENTER. THE CANYON PROJECT IS A SIZEABLE PROJECT JUST BASED ON THE CURRENT SCHEDULE, WE'RE NOT PREPARED TO CONSTRUCT THAT THIS YEAR.

IN FACT WE EXPECT IN 2021 TO COMPLETE THE DESIGN AND PREPARE TO GO OUT FOR CONSTRUCTION FOR THAT.

RIGHT NOW WE'RE SUGGESTING CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO OCCUR IN 2022. THEN OUR FIRE HYDRANT PROGRAM WAS COMPLETED. WE HAVE UPDATED PROJECT COSTS RELATED TO THE POLICE BUILDING. THOSE ARE UNDER WAY AND THEY'RE MOVING FORWARD AS WE INDICATED IN MAY.

YOU SEE THE TRAFFIC SIGNAL PROGRAM WAS REINSTATED AND PROJECTS REFLECT CURRENT COSTS. WE HAVE SEVERAL PROJECTS MOVING FORWARD SOMETIMES WITH REDUCED AMOUNT.

THE CORE PARK IS ANOTHER OTABLE PROJECT THAT WE DISCUSSED MANY TIMES WITH CITY COUNCIL. B WE HAVE REACTIVATED THE DESIGN WORK FOR THAT PROJECT.

BECAUSE WE PAUSED IT, WE'RE NOT READY TO GO TO CONSTRUCTION ON THAT THIS YEAR. WE ANTICIPATE CONSTRUCTION WILL BE DELAYED UNTIL NEXT YEAR. WE START THE DESIGN WORK ON THAT. AND THE PLAYGROUND HAS A SIMILAR DOMAIN ONSTRUCTION BECAUSE IT WAS PUT ON HOLD.

THAT FULL AMOUNT HAS BEEN REINSTATED, WE EXPECT TO GET PLANNING AND DESIGN ORK DONE ON THAT THIS FALL AND THEN INTO THE SPRING AND THEN AS WE GET BETTER WEATHER IN THE SPRING OF NEXT YEAR, WE WOULD BE ABLE TO LOOK TOWARD CONSTRUCTION.

PEDESTRIAN IMPROVEMENTS ARE OF INTEREST TO COUNCIL.

THE PROJECT THAT WAS GOING TO BE NEXT ON THE LIST, THAT FUNDING IS THE CROSSING AT PENGREY. BECAUSE THE BIDS CAME IN UNDER - THE ENGINEER'S ESTIMATE. EQUIPMENT PURCHASES NOTED.

WE INSTALLED PART OF THOSE THIS YEAR AND THE OTHERS WILL BE ADDRESSED IN 2021. THOSE ARE IN THE FIRE VEHICLES.

WE HAVE DELAYED THE PURCHASE OF SELF-CONTAINED BREATHING APPARATUS FOR THE FIRE DIVISION BECAUSE WE WANT TO HAVE ADDITIONAL TIME TO PURSUE GRANT OPPORTUNITIES TO SEE IF WE COULD HELP GRANT FUNDING FOR THAT PURCHASE.

FINALLY WE HAVE SOME ITEMS THAT WERE REDUCED BASED ON UPDATED COSTS AND WHAT WE EXPECTED TO NEED OR THOSE PURCHASES AND A WOOD CHIPPER, WE WERE BLE TO REDUCE THE COST OF THAT AND STILL PURCHASE THE EQUIPMENT AND WE'RE ACTUALLY USING THE BALANCE OF FUNDS TO PURCHASE A LEAF BOX THAT WE NEEDED FOR LEAF COLLECTION THIS FALL. THAT SUMMARIZES WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE CURRENT 3 PROJECT THIS YEAR AND WHAT WE DISCUSSED WITH YOU IN MAY. I COULD PAUSE NOW AND SEE IF THERE'S QUESTIONS ABOUT THAT BEFORE I RETURNED TO THE PROPOSED C.I.P.. ANYBODY HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? NOT HEARING ANY, SO I GUESS WE CAN MOVE ON.

>> OKAY. OVERALL TRENDS IN THE C.I.P. AND PROPOSED C.I.P. YOU MAY RECALL LAST EAR THAT WE WERE CONSTRAINED AND HAD TO ELIMINATE TO FIT WITHIN THE DOLLARS AVAILABLE AND THERE WAS PRESSURE ON THE C.I.P. THIS YEAR'S C.I.P.

WHILE THE IMPACT OF THE PANDEMIC HAVEN'T BEEN AS SIGNIFICANT AS WE THOUGHT THEY MIGHT BE, WE'RE NOT SEEING AN INCREASE IN REVENUES AVAILABLE IN THE C.I.P. SO THE STRAINS CONTINUED TO MOVE FORWARD AND ARE EXACERBATED BECAUSE REVENUE IS FLAT FROM 19 TO 20. WE ONLY EXPECT A SLIGHT INCREASE IN 20 O 21 WITH THE CURRENT PROJECTIONS.

THERE CONTINUES TO BE A LOT OF FINANCIAL PRESSURE AROUND THE C.I.P. AND REVENUES ARE NOT KEEPING P WITH EXPENDITURE DEMANDS SO WE HAVE HAD TO CONTINUE TO POSTPONE OR DELAY PURCHASES AND PROJECTS. AS ALWAYS, WE FOCUS PRIMARILY WITH OUR CAPITAL DOLLARS ON MAINTAINING OUR EXISTING

[01:10:04]

INFRASTRUCTURE AND WE HAVE SOME IDENTIFIED NEW DEMANDS WITH THOSE MAINTENANCE ITEMS IN THIS PROPOSED C.I.P. AND AS CITY COUNCIL IS AWARE, WE CONDUCTED A STUDY OF THE WATER SYSTEM AND CONDITION OF THE LINES. THAT REPORT RECOMMENDED A NUMBER OF INVESTMENTS IN WATER LINES. SO WE LOOKED TO TRY TO INCORPORATE THOSE INTO THIS PROPOSED C.I.P. AND THEN WE ALSO COMPLETED AN EVALUATION OF THE HBA SYSTEMS IN OUR CITY BUILDINGS. WE HAVE A NUMBER OF SYSTEMS THAT ARE OLD, ITHER AT THE END OF THEIR USEFUL LIFE OR BEYOND THEIR PROJECTED USEFUL LIFE. YOU'LL SEE IN THE PROPOSED C.I.P. THERE'S QUITE A FEW PROJECTS IN CITY UILDINGS AS WE HAVE BEGUN TO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS IN THE BUILDINGS. WE FEEL HERE'S EQUIPMENT THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED. WE ALSO CONTINUE TO SEE DEBT LEVELS INCREASING AS -- AS THE PROPOSED C.I.P. PROJECTS ADDITIONAL DEBT ISSUANCES AND PROJECTS AND EQUIPMENT PURCHASES THAT ARE SCHEDULED TO BE BONDED. WE CONTINUE TO ALLOCATE ADDITIONAL FUNDING FOR DEBT. ONE THING THAT IS NOTABLE IN THIS PROPOSED FIVE-YEAR PROJECT WINDOW, WE ACTUALLY HAVE ACCUMULATED SOME FUND BALANCE IN THE GENERAL BOND RETIREMENT FUND. THIS G.B.R. FUND NOTED ON THE SLIDE. THAT FUND MAKES THE DEBT SERVICE ON THE DEBT. TYPICALLY WE TRANSFER MONEY INTO THAT FUND IN ORDER TO PAY THE DEBT.

HOWEVER, THAT GENERAL BOND RETIREMENT FUND DOES RECEIVE A SMALL AMOUNT OF PROPERTY TAX INTO IT.

IT HAS A BALANCE THAT HAS BUILT UP IN IT.

SO WE WERE ACTUALLY PROJECTING TO SPEND DOWN SOME OF THAT FUND BALANCE IN THE GENERAL BOND RETIREMENT FUND IN ORDER TO -- TO LESSEN WHAT WOULD OTHERWISE BE A MUCH MORE SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN DEBT SERVICE PAYMENTS OUT OF THE C.I.P. FUND.

WE'RE ESSENTIALLY HELPING TO LEVEL OUT SOME PAYMENTS IN THE C.I.P. FUND BY USING SOME OF THE FUND BALANCE IN THE GENERAL BOND RETURN. SO THIS SLIDE SHOWS AN OVERVIEW OF ALL OF THE PROJECT AND EQUIPMENT EXPENDITURES PROPOSED OVER THE FIVE-YEAR PERIOD. THIS INCLUDES ALL FUNDS INCLUDING BONDED PROJECTS, BONDED EQUIPMENT AND EXTERNAL FUNDS THAT ARE COMING IN FOR PROJECTS THAT THE CITY IS EXECUTING. SO AS TYPICAL, OUR FIRST YEAR IN THE FIVE-YEAR C.I.P. TEND TO BE THE LARGEST AND THAT IS THE CASE HERE AS WE GO OUT FURTHER IN YEARS WE TEND TO KNOW LESS ABOUT WHAT WILL NEED TO BE DONE IN THOSE YEARS.

WE CERTAINLY HAVE ITEMS PROGRAMMED IN THOSE YEARS, YOU COULD SEE THE COST AND THE EXPENDITURES START TO DROP OFF.

NOTABLE PROJECTS IN 2021 ARE THE REHABILITATION PROJECTS THAT ARE A RESULT OF OUR SEWER SHED STUDIES.

ALSO STARTING TO SEE THE HBAC PROJECTS IN CITY BUILDINGS AND WE HAVE THE FIRST WATER LINE PROJECT AS WAS RECOMMENDED IN -- IN THE WATER STUDY AS WELL AS MCCORD PARK.

SO ALL OF THOSE ARE SIZEABLE PROJECTS WHICH LEAD TO THE HIGHER NUMBERS IN 2021. A AJOR COST FOR COST CONTRIBUTOR TO THE 2022 AMOUNTS IS A CANYON RICK SEWER, SINCE THAT'S A 10 MILLION DOLLAR PROJECT, THAT HELPS TO BUMP UP THE 20-22 PROJECTS. SO LOOKING AT THE C.I.P.

EXPENDITURES, WE LIKE TO SEE HOW MUCH IS BY CITY FUNDING AND HOW MUCH IS EXTERNAL FUNDING. IN PREVIOUS YEARS WE HAD LOWER CITY AMOUNTS FOR FUNDING BECAUSE PARTICULARLY WHEN THE NORTHEAST GATEWAY WAS REFLECTED IN THE C.I.P. WE HAD SIGNIFICANT FEDERAL MONEY AS WELL AS STATE MONEY IN IT.

IN THIS WINDOW WE HAVE LESS EX EXTERNAL FUNDING. MOST OF IT IS FOR CITY FUNDING SOURCES. THE NOTABLE PROJECT IN 2021 THAT SHOWS LESS THAN 100 PERCENT IS AT MCCORD PART.

WE IDENTIFIED IN ORDER TO CONSTRUCT THE 4.2 MILLION DOLLAR PROJECT WE NEED TO DESIGNATE 1 MILLION OF EXTERNAL FUNDING.

AT THIS POINT WE DON'T HAVE THAT YET.

WE WILL PURSUE FUNDING IN ORDER TO ADD TO THE CITY'S FUNDS FOR THAT PROJECT. LOOKING AT REVENUE SOURCES.

INCOME TAX IS PRIMARY REVENUE STREAM.

THE OTHER SIGNIFICANT SOURCE ARE DEBT PROCEEDS, SO CERTAINLY IN

[01:15:02]

THE YEARS THAT WE -- WHEN WE ISSUE DEBT, THE PROCEEDS FROM THE DEBT ISSUANCE IS VERY SIGNIFICANT.

HOWEVER, AS WE ALL KNOW THAT'S BORROWED MONEY, SO WE DO END UP HAVING TO PAY THAT BACK WITH INTEREST AND SO THAT SHOWS UP IN FUTURE YEARS AND IN OUR DEBT PAYMENT SCHEDULE.

OTHER REVENUE SOURCES FOR THE C.I.P. ARE MUCH MORE MINOR.

THIS SHOWS MAJOR REVENUE SOURCES.

YOU SEE HOW THEY PLAY OUT THROUGH THAT -- THROUGH THAT FIVE-YEAR WINDOW. THESE ARE THE MINOR SOURCES OF REVENUE WITH OUR LICENSE TAX AND B.L.T. AND OTHER FUNDING THAT COMES INTO THE C.I.P. ON HE EXPENDITURE SIDE WE HAVE FOUR PRIMARY AREAS OF EXPENDITURES FROM THE C.I.P. FUND WHICH ARE THE CITY SOURCE OF EVENUE INTO A CITY SOURCE OF PAYMENTS FOR THE FIVE-YEAR WINDOW INTO PROJECTS OVER THE FIVE-YEAR WINDOW MAKE UP ALMOST 60 PERCENT OF ALL EPENDITURES.

IT IS NOTABLE THAT DEBT AND LEASE PAYMENTS ACTUALLY ARE SECOND LARGEST PERCENTAGE OF EXPENDITURES AT 18 PERCENT.

EQUIPMENT TRAILS THAT SLIGHTLY BY 17 PERCENT.

AND THEN WE HAVE ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS SUCH AS THE COST OF COLLECTING OUR INCOME TAXES AND INSURANCE AND LEGAL SERVICES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CAPITAL PURCHASES THAT COME OUT OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE FEES AND CHARGES TO THE C.I.P. FUND.

THIS ONE JUST LOOKS AT THE SAME FIVE CATEGORIES AND TREND LINES OVER THE FIVE-YEAR WINDOW. YOU EE PROJECTS START OFF SIGNIFICANTLY. IN 2021 T MUCH HIGHER AMOUNT BY THE END OF THE FIVE-YEAR WINDOW THEY'RE STARTING TO COME TOGETHER. PROJECT AND EQUIPMENT AND DEBT SERVICE. THE DEBT LINE IS BROADER THAN WOULD OTHERWISE APPEAR, IF WE WERE NOT USING HE GENERAL BOND RETIREMENT FUND BALANCE TO HELP OFF SET OUR DEBT PAYMENTS.

THAT DEBT ALLOWS TO KEEP THE LINE ON THIS TREND CHART MORE LEVEL. THIS SLIDE SHOWS A COMPARISON OF THE EVENUE TREND WITH EXPENDITURES.

REVENUE AND EXPENDITURES. THEY MOVE UP AND DOWN SIGNIFICANTLY BECAUSE THIS INCORPORATES OUR BONDED REVENUE AND OUR BOND -- OUR BONDED PROJECTS OR EXPENDITURES AND SO IN YEARS WE HAVE BOND REVENUE COME IN, OUR REVENUE LINE CAN SOMETIMES BE SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER AND EXPENDITURES ALTHOUGH YOU SEE IN 2021 THEY'RE PRETTY CLOSE TOGETHER.

THIS SLIDE LOOKS AT REFLECTION OF THE FUND BALANCE AND LOOKS AT THE FUND BALANCE AS A PERCENT OF EXPENDITURES.

SO THIS DOES TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE BONDED PROJECTS AND THE BONDED REVENUE WHICH CAN LEAD TO FAIRLY HIGH SPIKES AND LARGE SPIKES OVER THAT TIME PERIOD BASED ON WHEN -- WHEN -- WHEN WE RECEIVE THE REVENUE AND WHEN WE'RE PAYING OUT ON THE EXPENDITURE SIDE. THESE NEXT SERIES OF CHARTS ACTUALLY TAKE OUT THE BONDED PROJECTS AND EQUIPMENT AND LOOK AT THE ITEMS THAT WE'RE PAYING FOR WITH CASH IN THIS C.I.P.

FUND AND SO YOU SEE PROJECTS, IN THIS CASE BECAUSE OUR LARGE SCALE PROJECTS TEND TO BE BONDED.

PROJECTS MAKE UP A SMALLER PERCENTAGE OF THESE EXPENDITURES AND THE DEBT AND LEASE PAYMENTS MAKE UP A HIGHER AMOUNT BECAUSE WE'RE WORKING WITH LOWER OVERALL EXPENDITURES WHEN YOU PULL OUT OUR BONDED EXPENDITURES. GETTING SIMILAR TREND LINE CHART FOR THE VARIOUS EXPENDITURE CATEGORIES THIS TIME EXCLUDING OUR BONDED PROJECT AND REVENUE. SO YOU COULD SEE WE'RE STILL SPENDING QUITE A BIT ON PROJECTS IN 2021 AND 2022.

THEN YOU CAN ALSO SEE WHERE THE DEBT AND THE LEASE PAYMENT LINE SINCE WE'RE DOING THAT WITHOUT THE BONDED REVENUE, YOU SEE MORE UPS AND DOWNS WITH THE DEBT. THE DEBT DROPS IN 2022 BECAUSE WE'RE PAYING OFF THE DEBT THAT WAS USED TO, ON THE COMMUNITY CENTER AND THE POLICE STATION WHEN THOSE WERE EXPANDED AND RENOVATED. YOU SEE THAT DEBT FALLS OFF.

IT DIPS DOWN. HOWEVER, WITH THE NEW ADDITIONAL DEBT THAT WE HAVE PLANNED IN THE FIVE-YEAR WINDOW, YOU SEE THAT LINE RISES AGAIN. THIS SHOWS THE LINES AND HOW

[01:20:11]

THEY LOOK REGARDING THE ITEMS THAT WE'RE PAYING CASH FOR.

AND FUND BALANCE IS A PERCENT OF EX EXPENDITURES. THIS IS THE LINE THAT STAFF IS OFTEN UTILIZING TO LOOK AND SEE HOW WE'RE DOING WITH -- WITH THE CASH SIDE OF THE C.I.P. FUND. HISTORICALLY, WE TRIED TO BE UP CLOSE TO 100 PERCENT ITH OUR FUND BALANCE BECAUSE THAT ALLOWS FOR EADY CASH FLOW THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, SINCE WE COLLECT INCOME TAXES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR BUT WE SOMETIMES HAVE OUR EXPENDITURES EARLY IN THE YEAR FOR PROJECTS OR EQUIPMENT PURCHASES AND ALLOW THE C.I.P. TO CASH FLOW ITSELF.

IN RECENT YEARS WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO HIT THE TARGET.

WE HAVE FOUND THAT HAS BEEN SUFFICIENT BECAUSE WE HAVE HAD FAIRLY HIGH LEVELS OF FUND BALANCE IN RECENT YEARS IN THE GENERAL FUND AND SO IT -- THE GENERAL FUND COULD BE UTILIZED TO -- TO -- TO HELP WITH ANY CASH FROM THE C.I.P. IF NEEDED OR SOMETIMES WE HAVE EMERGENCY SITUATIONS WITH INFRASTRUCTURE CAN WE NEED IT ADDRESS OR MAYBE CERTAIN WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY THAT WE WANT TO PURSUE. HAVING HIGHER FUND BALANCE AVAILABLE CAN HELP US IN THOSE TIMES.

YOU SEE THIS FIVE-YEAR WINDOW, WE ACTUALLY DROPPED DOWN TO 34 PERCENT WITH A FUND BALANCE PERCENTAGE IN 2021 AND THEN WE BUILD IT BACK UP OVER THIS FIVE-YEAR WINDOW WHICH CAN BE BENEFICIAL BECAUSE AS YOU'LL SEE WHEN WE GET DEEPER INTO THE OPERATING BUDGET OUR -- OUR GENERAL FUND BALANCE IS EXPECTED TO DECLINE OVER THIS FIVE-YEAR WINDOW.

IT HELPS WITH ASH FLOW IN THE C.I.P. TO HAVE THE C.I.P. FUND BALANCE INCREASE OVER THIS WINDOW.

NEXT I LIKE TO TOUCH ON CITY COUNCIL PRIORITIES AND POINT OUT HOW THE PROPOSED C.I.P. MEETS WITH THE PRIORITIES.

IN THIS FIVE-YEAR WINDOW, WE HAVE THE MCCORD PARK IMPROVEMENTS THAT RE PLANNED WHICH WE SEE WILL -- AS A BENEFIT TO THE CORRIDOR. IT CREATES A VERY NICE AMENITY, UPDATED AMENITY ON THE EASTERN END OF THE ROSENBERG CORRIDOR.

FOR THE FUNDING INITIATIVE, MOST OF OUR ACTIVITIES IN THIS AREA REALLY OCCUR IN THE OPERATING BUDGET.

HOWEVER, IT IS NOTABLE INVESTMENTS WE'RE MAKING IN THIS FIVE-YEAR WINDOW TSAO SINCE MANY PROGRAMS GEAR TOWARD OLDER ADULT CA S.

WE HAVE A NUMBER OF INVESTMENTS IN THIS WINDOW.

WE ALREADY MENTIONED THE MCCORD PARK INVESTMENT FOR THAT PROJECT IN 2021. OFFICE BUILDINGS WAS A PRIORITY.

NOT ANYTHING IN THE C.I.P. RELATED TO THAT IEM.

THOSE INCENTIVE PROGRAMS AND THE ACTIVITIES FOR ENCOURAGING INVESTMENT IN THE OFFICE BUILDINGS ARE FUNDED OUT OF THE OPERATING BDGET. ON ENERGY EFFICIENCY SIDE OF THINGS, WE HAVE A NUMBER OF PROJECTS THAT NEED IT ADDRESS OLDER HEATING AND COOLING EQUIPMENT THAT HAS REACHED THE END OF ITS USEFUL LIFE AND IS NOT WORKING SO WELL NOW.

SO THAT CERTAINLY HELPS WITH THE HEATING AND COOLING BUT T ALSO HELPS WITH ENERGY EFFICIENCY AS NEWER UNITS TEND TO BE MORE EFFICIENT. WE HAD THE REPLACEMENT OF WINDOWS AND DOORS AT THE COMMUNITY CENTER AND THE MUNICIPAL BUILDING AND THE GRISWOLD CENTER WHICH SHOULD RESULT IN A BENEFIT FOR THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY EFFORTS.

SEPARATELY FOR PRIVATE BUILDINGS, WE HAVE INCENTIVE PROGRAMS TIED TO THE PROGRAMS DESIGNED TO ENCOURAGE INVESTMENTS IN PRIVATE BUILDINGS IN OUR COMMUNITY.

THIS NOTES THE VARIOUS INVESTMENTS PROPOSED FOR THE BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN MASTER PLAN AND INVESTMENTS IN THOSE ACTIVITIES AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THAT.

ELECTRICAL VEHICLE AND THOSE WERE INSTALLED AND OPERATIONAL EARLY THIS YEAR. I WANT TO LOOK AT DEBT.

THIS SHOWS LONG-TERM DEBT PER CAPITA IN OUR COMMUNITY.

YOU COULD SEE CERTAINLY IN 1999, 2000 WE CARRIED VERY LOW DEBT AS A CITY. THAT'S BEEN AT HIGHER LEVELS SINCE THAT TIME AND YOU COULD SEE OUR TREND CONTINUES ON THE UPPER LINE BASED ON ADDITIONAL DEBT.

WE HAVE GOTTEN INTO A PERIOD WHERE WE ISSUE MORE FREQUENT DEBT ASSOCIATED WITH OUR CAPITAL PLANS.

[01:25:08]

THESE SLIDES LIST THE DEBT THAT IS PLANNED TO BE ISSUED WITHIN THIS FIVE-YEAR WINDOW AND -- AND THERE'S DETAILED LISTINGS OF ALL OF THE CITY'S DEBT IN THE C.I.P. DOCUMENT.

THIS WOULD BE NEW DEBT THAT IS SUGGESTED.

NOW THESE LAST -- THESE NEXT SEVERAL SLIDES FOCUS ON THE 2021 PROJECT, SINCE AS I MENTIONED THAT'S THE YEAR WE'LL IMPLEMENT ON ADOPTION OF THE C.I.P. IN DECEMBER AND WE HAVE BROKEN THESE OUT ACROSS THE CATEGORIES TO CATEGORIZE OUR VARIOUS PROJECTS. OUR LEGAL MANDATES RELATE TO SEWER PROJECTS THAT WE NEED TO COMPLETE -- TO COMPLY WITH OUR CONSENT ORDERS WITH THE OHIO E.P.A. AND YOU CAN SEE THAT THERE'S TWO PROGRAMS AND ACTUALLY THIS SLIDE SHOULD SAY ITS DESIGN AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF 2.1 ILLION IS PROGRAMMED FOR 2022. SO WE NEED TO UPDATE THAT.

SANITARY SEWER REPAIR, LAND REHABILITATION IS PLANNED THERE.

AND THEN THE BUILDING IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM AND THE ESSENTIAL BASIC SERVICES CATEGORY, THIS ALLOCATION HAS BEEN KEPT FLAT. FOR MANY YEARS, WE HAVE QUITE A FEW NEED WITH THE BUILDING IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM AND SO WE AREN'T QUITE KEEPING GROUND WITH THAT.

IT DOES ALLOW MAINTENANCE IN THE NEEDS OF OUR CITY BUILDINGS.

THE POOL RESURFACING IS A PROJECT HAT WAS DELAYED FROM 2020. THAT'S PROGRAMMED FOR 2021.

THAT WILL OCCUR WHEN THE BUILDING AND THE POOL SPECIFICALLY S SHUT DOWN AND THAT WILL BE PLANNED FOR NEXT SUMMER WITH OUR PLANNED SHUT DOWN THAT WE DO EACH YEAR.

THE SOUTH DOOR REPLACEMENT HERE AT THE COMMUNITY CENTER WILL ACTUALLY BE DONE THIS YEAR. THAT WAS A PROJECT THAT WAS PUT ON HOLD AND THOSE FUNDS WERE RELEASED TO BE ABLE TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THAT ACTUALLY AFTER THE DOCUMENT WAS PREPARED SO THAT PROJECT WILL ACTUALLY BECOME MORE OF A 2020 PROJECT THAN A 2021 PROJECT. ESSENTIAL BASIC SERVICES.

I'LL COMMENT ON A FEW PROJECTS HERE.

I MENTIONED THE HBAC AND HOT WATER PROJECTS.

YOU SEE THE FIRST ROUND OF THOSE THAT ARE PLANNED FOR 2021 MUST SIT ON THIS SIDE. OUR STREET AND SIDEWALK PROGRAM ALLOCATION CONTINUES TO BE FLAT. AND THAT HAS BEEN OR MORE THAN TEN YEARS SO IT IS NOTABLE IT IS NOT REALLY TAKING INTO ACCOUNT INFLATION THAT -- THAT AMOUNT HAS BEEN KEPT FLAT.

THIS SLIDE, THE WATER PROJECT IS RECOMMENDED BY THE STUDY THAT OCCURRED THAT IS COLONIAL AVENUE AND FOSTER AVENUE WITH PROJECT COSTS ESTIMATED AT ABOUT 1.5 MILLION.

THE IMPROVEMENTS WERE DELAYED FROM 2020 AND BECAUSE OF THAT DELAY, INCREASED THIS AMOUNT SLIGHTLY.

YOU SEE THE REPAIRS THAT ARE SERIOUSLY NEEDED.

WE'VE TOUCHED ON THE PARK RENOVATION.

THAT'S A SIZEABLE PROJECT, I DON'T KNOW THAT WE NEED TO NECESSARILY SAY MORE ABOUT THAT HERE.

ON THE BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN IMPROVEMENTS ALLOCATION, THAT AMOUNT IS BEING KEPT CONSTANT FROM THE 2020 C.I.P. AND THAT'S A CITY COUNCIL PRIORITY. MOVING INTO -- INTO EQUIPMENT BECAUSE OF -- OF THE FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS ON C.I.P. STAFF WAS VERY CLOSE AT EQUIPMENT PURCHASES TO TRY TO LOOK FOR WAYS TO REDUCE THE COST AND SHRINK AMOUNT NEEDED FOR SOME ITEMS. IN SOME CASES VEHICLES WERE INSTEAD -- NOT A FULL CED BUT - REPLACEMENT BUT REUTILIZE PARTS SUCH AS REPLACING A CHASY BUT REUSING OTHER COMPONENTS.

AND WE -- WE LOOKED AT YOU KNOW, WE -- PERHAPS LESS UPFITTING FOR SOME OF THE VEHICLES BEFORE THEY GO OUT INTO THE FIELD FOR USE.

ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT HERE AT PARKS AND RECREATION.

[01:30:06]

THE LISTINGS HERE. THE SERVICE AND ENGINEERING.

I DON'T HAVE ANY SPECIFIC COMMENTS ON THESE.

THEY ARE DESCRIBED IN YOUR DOCUMENT.

TWO UNCERTAINTIES REGARDING THE PROPOSED C.I.P. WE NOTED.

ONE IS MCCORD PARK FUNDING. WE'RE SHOWING IN THE DOCUMENT A MILLION DOLLARS OF EXTERNAL FUNDING IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO IMPLEMENT THE CONCEPT PLAN THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY DISCUSSED WITH CITY COUNCIL AND THAT'S SOMETHING THAT WE STILL NEED TO IDENTIFY AND SO THAT IS UNCERTAIN WHETHER WE'RE SUCCESSFUL IN GETTING FUNDING AND WHETHER THAT WOULD BE THE AMOUNT WE SHOW. WE ARE STILL UNCERTAIN AND IT IS LONGER TERM IMPACT OF COVID. WE A SENSE OF WHERE WE ARE WITH 2020 WHICH IS BETTER THAN WE THOUGHT WE MAY BE EARLIER IN THE YEAR. BUT UNDERSTANDING WHAT THE IMPACTS WILL BE IN 2021 AND THE YEARS BEYOND THAT, IT IS STILL

NOT CLEAR TO US. >> ROBIN, I THINK YOU PASSED UP A SLIDE ON -- ON 2021 EQUIPMENT WITH THE POLICE AND --

AND SERVICE AND ENGINEERING. >> I DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING I SPECIFICALLY WANTED TO NOTE ALTHOUGH THEY ARE LISTED THERE.

THE TERMINALS AND CRUISERS AND EQUIPMENT FOR POLICE ARE ACTUALLY RECURRING ITEMS IN THE C.I.P. AND WE DO HAVE THE REPLACEMENT OF BLOOD ALCOHOL TESTING EQUIPMENT FOR THEM WHICH IS OUT OF DATE AND THUS NEEDS TO BE REPLACED TO KEEP UP WITH STANDARDS. THEN WE HAVE A DUMP TRUCK PLANNED FOR REPLACEMENT AND SERVICE AND ENGINEERING.

ALONG WITH THEIR ANNUAL ALLOCATION TO REPLACE SMALL EQUIPMENT THAT THEY UTILIZE. I'VE TOUCHED ON IPACT OF RESTRAINT FUNDING GIVEN WE HAVE PREVIOUS DELAYS.

TWO OTHER ITEMS THAT WERE NOTABLE IN DEVELOPING THE C.I.P., WHEN THE C.I.P. WAS SUBMITTED, WHEN THEY WERE SUBMITTED, THEY WERE ACTUALLY FIVE ARTIERAL PROGRAMS REQUESTED FOR FUNDING. ONE IN EACH YEAR, WE WERE NOT ABLE TO FUND ALL OF THOSE. WE ONLY SHOW TWO OF THOSE PROJECTS LISTED SO EVERY OTHER YEAR.

THAT'S THE MAINTENANCE AND OVERLAY OF OUR MAIN ARTIERALS.

ADDITIONALLY THERE WAS ORIGINALLY FOUR WATER LINE PROJECTS SUBMITTED IN ORDER TO GET A JUMP FROM THE WATER STUDY.

GIVEN THE AMOUNT OF THOSE PROJECTS WE WERE NOT ABLE TO FUND ALL OF THOSE. SO YOU'LL SEE WE HAVE INCLUDED A WATER LINE PROJECT EVERY OTHER YEAR FOR CONSTRUCTION AND THEN -- THEN IN THE INTERVENING YEARS, WE WOULD USE THAT YEAR FOR DSIGN. THOSE WERE TWO VERY NOTABLE IMPACTS OF OUR CONSTRAINED FUNDING IN WHAT WE WERE NOT ABLE TO DO IN THE FIVE-YEAR WINDOW. FINALLY, I WANTED TO WRAP UP WITH THE SLIDE, THIS IS SIMILAR SLIDE TO WHAT WE DISCUSSED LAST YEAR WITH CITY COUNCIL AND IT IS REVENUE STREAMS FOR THE C.I.P.

NOT KEEPING UP WITH THE NEED THAT WE'RE SEEING AND SO WITH OUR INCOME TAXES, NOT SEEING THE INCREASES THAT WE HAVE SOMETIMES IN THE PAST, INCKCOME TAXES AND PRIMARY REVENUE SOURCE AND IT HAS BEEN FLAT. WE HAD A SMALL D.U.T. E USED EACH YEAR. AND THE PROPOSED C.I.P. SHOWS AN INCREASE IN M.M.B.L.T. FUNDING IN THE FIVE YEAR WINDOW.

THIS INCREASE IS CONTINGENT ON CITY COUNCIL TAKING ACTION TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE -- OR THE STATE LEGISLATURE GIVING CITIES AN ABILITY TO LEVY AN ADDITIONAL FIVE DOLLARS ON LICENSED TAXES AND SO -- LICENSE PLATES. SO THIS -- IN ORDER TO INCREASE THE MBLT LEVEL WE DO NEED TO INCREASE THAT -- THAT AMOUNT.

IN THE PAST WE INDICATED, LAST YEAR WE NOTED SOME OTHER APPROACHES WOULD BE TO CONSIDER OUR PARKS AND RECREATION FEE STRUCTURE, CONSIDER OUR WATER AND SEWER CHARGES, THOSE HAVEN'T INCREASED SINCE THE 1950S. WE MAY LOOK IF OTHER OPPORTUNITIES TOO. FOR AYS TO PROVIDE MORE FUNDING IF OUR CAPITAL INVESTMENTS. THAT'S ALL OF THE SLIDES I HAVE.

HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS IF ANYONE HAS THEM.

>> THANK YOU VERY MUCH. ANYBODY HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS REGARDING THE CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT BUDGET?

[01:35:03]

>> LIKE TO THANK HER FOR HER PRESENTATION AND FOR -- FOR -- FOR HIGHLIGHTING PRIORITIES AND I KNOW THE WATER LINE.

I KNOW THAT'S A BIG CONCERN FOR THE COMMUNITY FOR A WHILE.

TALKING ABOUT WATER LINES AND ADDITIONAL FUNDING, ALSO THE MOTOR VEHICLE LICENSE TAX, HOW FAST WOULD WE HAVE TO MOVE TO BE ABLE TO IMPLEMENT NEW FEES FOR THE LICENSE TAX AND FOR THE

WATER SUR CHARGES? >> GOOD QUESTION.

I HAVEN'T GOT A TIMELINE FOR THAT.

I COULD CERTAINLY GET TOGETHER WITH SCOTT BARTER AND MR. LINDSEY AND WE COULD FOLLOW UP WITH YOU ABOUT WHAT IT TAKES TO IMPLEMENT THOSE AND WHAT THE TIMELINE WOULD BE.

>> IF YOU COULD INCLUDE OUR PROJECTED REVENUE INCREASES IF

WE DO THAT. >> YEP.

>> I BELIEVE MR. BARTER, YOU MAY BE BLE TO CORRECT ME, THINK THE C.I.P. REFLECTS WHAT IS AVAILABLE WITH THE LICENSE

TAX INCREASE THE MBLT ICREASE. >> WE NEED TO KNOW THE IMPACT. IF WE DON'T PUT THE LICENSE IN PLACE WHAT IMPACT WILL THAT HAVE?

>> RIGHT. >> 150,000 DOLLARS STARTING

IN 2022. >> RIGHT.

IN 2021 WE REFLECT 150,000 DOLLARS AND MBLT REVENUE AND STARTING IN 2022 WE JUMP TO 300,000 SO ESSENTIALLY DOUBLING IT. IF WE DO NOT INCREASE THAT AMOUNT, WE WOULD NEED TO ADJUST TO 150,000 ACH YEAR.

>> THAT EFFECT IS 150,000? >> EACH YEAR, YES FOR THE

MMBLT. >> AND HAVE YOU DEVELOPED ANY NUMBERS OR RECOMMENDATIONS ON -- ON INCREASED SEWER FEES?

>> WE DO NOT HAVE HOSE PREPARED AT THIS POINT.

THIS IS A LOT OF FACTORS WE WANT TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT FOR THOSE.

>> IS THAT SOMETHING THAT YOU WOULD WANT TO CONSIDER NEXT

YEAR? >> I WOULD THINK NEXT YEAR WOULD BE THE TIME FRAME WHERE IT MAKES SENSE TO THINK ABOUT THAT.

THAT WOULD GIVE US ENOUGH TIME TO BE ABLE TO PULL TOGETHER ALL OF THE INFORMATION FOR YOU AND TO LOOK AT IT.

>> APPRECIATE THAT. NOT LIKE I WANT TO INCREASE FEES BUT -- IN GREISEN, I THOUGHT WE TALKED ABOUT THIS A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. I THINK YOU SAID IT WAS -- IT WAS MORE OR LESS ONGOING. AT ONE TIME WE WERE DOING PERIODIC REVIEWS OF OUR ENTIRE FEE SCHEDULE FROM PERMITS TO SEWERS TO -- TO RECREATION FEE. HOW ARE WE DEALING WITH KEEPING

UP WITH MARKET NOW? >> I THINK WE'RE BEHIND IN MARKET IN SOME AREAS. THE -- THE PARKS AND REC COMMISSION IS -- MR. HURLEY CAN TOUCH ON THIS IF NEEDED.

THEY'RE REVIEWING THE CONSULTANT'S REPORT.

IF YOU RECALL THE PYRAMID AND THE DIFFERENT APPROACH TO DIFFERENT SERVICES WHERE SOME YOU SUBSIDIZE FOR GENERAL COMMUNITY ACCESS AND OTHERS ARE MORE INDIVIDUAL AND THEREFORE THE LARGE MAJORITY OF THE COSTS SHOULD BE RECOVERED FROM THE PERSON RECEIVING THE SERVICE AND EVERYWHERE IN BETWEEN.

THEY'RE WORKING THROUGH THAT. I DON'T KNOW THAT -- THAT THEY HAVE A SPECIFIC TIMELINE FOR MAKING RECOMMENDATIONS RELATED TO THAT BUT WE CAN REPORT BACK TO YOU ON THAT.

THEN I THINK WE'RE DUE FOR REVIEW AT SOME JUNCTURE OF OUR BUILDING PERMIT AND DEVELOPMENT FEES BECAUSE I BELIEVE THEY'RE LOW IN THE MARKETPLACE. BUT I -- GIVEN THE WORKLOAD RIGHT NOW OF THAT DIVISION AND POSITION FREEZES I DON'T THINK

IT IS TIME FOR THAT. >> DO YOU THINK WE COULD HAVE A PRESENTATION OVERALL OF FEE STRUCTURE AND RECOMMENDATIONS?

>> YAH, I THINK SO. NEXT YEAR?

>> BY NEXT YEAR'S BUDGET PRESENTATION I WOULD LIKE --

>> MR. BARTER TURNED HIS SCREEN OFF.

DO YOU HAVE A COMMENT ON THAT? >> I'M GIVING YOU ALL SUMMER,

SCOTT, COME ON. >> WE'RE TRYING TO PIECE IT TOGETHER RIGHT NOW. CERTAINLY E COULD DO CAN A MORE COMPREHENSIVE OVERALL, LOOKING AT REVIEW AND FEE STRUCTURE.

A BIG ONE IS THE SHARING TOWNSHIP FEES FOR SERVICES LAST WEEK. WE'RE GOING TO LOOK AT THAT.

[01:40:04]

WATER AND SEWER WE CAN HAVE READY QUICKLY.

WE HAVE A LOT OF INFORMATION ON THAT.

NOW WE GOT LIKE I SAID, THE PART -- THAT INDICATED PARKS AND REC IS WITH THE PARKS AND REC COMMISSION AND THE OTHER BIG ONE IS BUILDING FEES. I THINK THAT'S IMPORTANT.

BUT IT IS -- IT WOULD NOT BE HUGE MONEY THERE.

>> IT IS NOT REALLY MATERIAL. >> NOT AS MUCH AS SOME OF

THESE OTHER ONES. >> I UNDERSTAND THE HARON TOWNSHIP, THAT'S ALREADY DECIDED AND UNDER WAY.

BUT TO MY WAY OF THINKING, YOU KNOW, WE'VE BEEN THROUGH THIS BEFORE WHEN WE TALKED SEVERAL YEARS AGO ABOUT YOU KNOW TRASH CAN STICKERS AND HAVING PEOPLE BUY THOSE FOR REFUGE COLLECTION AND WE TALKED ABOUT A LOT OF REVENUE ENHANCEMENT POSSIBILITIES. TO ME NOT ONLY DOES THAT HAVE A REVENUE COMPONENT, IT HAS A POLICY COMPONENT.

IT IS A WAY TO INCREASE TAXES WITHOUT CALLING THEM TAXES.

I LIKE TO HAVE THIS AS AN OVERALL, NOT ONLY REVENUE BUT POLICY DISCUSSION AND IT WOULD BE NICE IF WE COULD DO IT CLOSER TO THE END OF NEXT YEAR, WITH A FULL SLATE OF WHAT THE REVENUE ENHANCEMENTS MIGHT BE. YOU FOLLOW WHAT I'M SAYING?

>> WE MAY HAVE RECOMMENDATIONS ON SPECIFIC ISSUES IN ADVANCE OF THE BUDGET CYCLE NEXT YEAR. PARTICULARLY THINGS LIKE THE MMBLT WHICH IS WHAT -- MAY HAVE ITS OWN TIMELINE THAT IT NEEDS TO FOLLOW AS WELL AS PARKS FEES BECAUSE THE COMMISSION MAY BE MAKING THOSE RECOMMENDATIONS. BUT I HEAR YOU, WE SHOULD NOT -- WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AT THESE COMPREHENSIVELY AND YOU KNOW, WE'VE NEVER TAKEN THE APPROACH THAT WE WANT TO BE AT THE TOP OF THE MARKET OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

WE GENERALLY, MOST OF OUR FEES DON'T -- DON'T FULLY COVER THE COST OF THE SERVICE. YOU KNOW WE GET --

>> THAT'S A POLICY DETERMINATION BY PRIOR COUNCILS.

>> WELL. >> THAT'S ONE OF THE DEBATES

WE EED TO HAVE. >> RIGHT, ONE OF THE THINGS I THINK WE CAN SHOW YOU AND WE COULD DO THIS AT A FUTURE MEETING, SOME RESEARCH THAT WE'VE DONE OVER TIME WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE FULL COST OF WHAT PEOPLE -- WHAT -- WHAT MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENTS CHARGE CITIES, I MEAN CHARGE RESIDENTS, WORTHING TON IS HISTORICALLY LOW. WE PUT A LOT OF OUR EGGS IN THE INCOME TAX BASKET, MEANING WITH -- WITH -- AROUND 70 PERCENT OF OUR REVENUES BEING DERIVED FROM -- FROM THAT.

WE HAVE A TENDENCY HISTORICALLY AS A RESULT OF THAT AND THAT'S WHY LAND USE IS SO IMPORTANT TO BE ABLE TO NOT HAVE TO CHARGE HIGHER WATER SURCHARGE RATES AND STORM WATER FEES, PARTICULARLY GARBAGE FEES WHICH ARE OVER, THAT EXPENSE IS NOW OVER -- OVER A MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR AND MOST COMMUNITIES IN CENTRAL OHIO CHARGE FOR GARBAGE. SO WE HAVE LESS DIVERSITY OF REVENUE STREAMS AND LOWER OVERALL FEES BY CONSCIOUS POLICY DECISION OF THE OUNCILS OVER TIME.

I THINK WHAT -- WHAT MISS STEWART WAS HIGHLIGHTING FOR YOU IS THAT THAT STRATEGY IS FRAYING AND THAT IN ORDER TO SUPPORT REINVESTMENT IN OUR CAPITAL IN PARTICULAR, POSSIBLY IN OUR OPERATING, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO START INCREMENTALLY

REVISITING SOME PIECES OF THAT. >> MY POINT PRECISELY.

THANK YOU. I DID HAVE A COUPLE OF OTHER

QUESTIONS. >> LET E ADD ON TO IT.

WHILE YOU'RE LOOKING AT THOSE, WE ALSO HAD THE -- HAD THE 3 POLICY ON NAMING -- AVING -- BEING ABLE TO GIVE MONEY TO THE CITY TO -- TO NAME WHAT WE'RE DOING WITH THE BANK AND WITH THE -- WITH THE CONCERTS IN THE PARK BUT WE MIGHT WANT TO REVIEW THAT POLICY, WHICH ALSO HAS TO DO WITH REVENUE AND FEES AND IT IS -- AND POLICIES. SO IF WE ADD THAT TO THE LIST OF THINGS THAT NEED TO ADD THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

>> I HEAR YOU. >> MR. MYERS.

>> AS I READ IT, WE'RE GOING TO BOND 4.7 MILLION THIS YEAR, WHICH IS MORE THAN WE'RE GOING TO BE SPENDING IN CASH, RIGHT?

>> YOU'RE ASKING ABOUT 2020? >> OR 2021.

>> 21. >> YES.

[01:45:09]

SO 2021, I'M LOOKING AT 4.7 MILLION IN BONDED MONEY.

>> YES. THAT'S PRETTY CLOSE, BECAUSE I HAVE THREE -- A LITTLE NDER 3 MILLION IN PROJECTS IN CASH AND TO THE OF 7.8 IN PROJECTS, TOTAL, YEP.

WHEN WILL WE GO TO MARKET FOR THOSE BONDS? WHAT I'M DRIVING AT, ONE OF MICMY PRIORITIES HAS BEEN MCCORD PARK. ARE WE GOING TO HOLD ON OR BOND

WHATEVER WE CAN AT THIS POINT? >> IT IS VERY POSSIBLE I THINK OUR BONDING MAY BE TIED TO WHEN OUR TEMPORARY NOTES NEED TO BE PAID OFF BECAUSE WE PLAN TO ROLL THOSE IN IN TO THE BONDING.

MR. BARTER, DO YOU WANT TO COMMENT ON THAT ON THE TIMING OF

THE BOND ISSUANCE. >> YOU'RE RIGHT, A LONG PROCESS. AND MAYBE PRECOVID WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IN 2020, BUT WE STILL NEED TO GO GET RATED.

NOW WE HAVE THE NOTES ISSUED IN 2020 SINCE THOSE WERE ISSUED SEPTEMBER 13TH AND THE ISSUANCE FOR 2021.

>> DO WE GO AHEAD AND SPEND CITY'S ALLOCATION IF WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT EXTERNAL FUNDING AND I KNOW MR. HURLEY IS ON THIS

CALL. >> I BELIEVE YOU CAN TALK ABOUT PHASING PROJECT. YOU'RE WORKING MORE ACTIVELY ON IT THAN I AM. OUR PHASE ONE WAS IN THE FINAL DESIGN PROCESS. YOU HAD A PRESENTATION ON THAT RIGHT BEFORE EVERYTHING LOCKED UP WITH COVID.

SO REREACHED OUT TO POD AND WORKING ON THEIR TIMELINE TO RESUME THAT WITH THE ANTICIPATION THAT WE WOULD GET OUT TO BID THIS WINTER SEASON AND ROLL INTO CONSTRUCTION OF PHASE ONE COMING OUT OF THE WEATHER AND INTO THE SPRING.

WE HAVE NOT MOVED FORWARD WITH THE DESIGN OF PHASE TWO.

I EXPECT IT WOULD TAKE ADDITIONAL TIME AS WE'RE -- WE OBVIOUSLY NEED TO FINALIZE AND IDENTIFY THAT FUNDING.

>> 1.8 MILLION, IS THAT PHASE ONE?

>> I THINK THE ESTIMATE, DEPENDING ON ALTERNATES PRESENTED AT THIS TIME WHICH IS STILL FAIRLY EARLY WAS AROUND 1.2 WOULD DO ALL OF PHASE ONE. WE GOT A CUSHION THERE AND THEN WE HAVE THE 1.8 AND WE'LL CERTAINLY SEE WHERE WE LAND WITH THE FULL DESIGN OF PHASE ONE AND CERTAINLY IF THERE'S A PIECE OF PHASE TWO THAT COULD BE WORKED INTO THAT WE'LL CONSIDER THAT.

>> THAT GETS BACK IT MY FIRST QUESTION.

AT WHAT POINT WILL WE HAVE 1.8 MILLION IN OUR POCKET TO SPEND

ON MCCORD PARK? >>

>> THAT'S CORRECT. >> WAS THAT INCLUDED IN THE RESOLUTION OR DO WE NEED TO ADOPT ONE?

>> IT IS A PLAN TO HAVE REIMBURSEMENT RESOLUTION FOR PROJECTS IN 2020. WE WOULDN'T EXPAND UNTIL EARLY 2021 AND I ISSUED THE NOTES FOR BONDS LATER IN 2021 BUT ON SEPARATE ISSUE, WE HAVE IT FORTHCOMING PROBABLY IN NOVEMBER. THAT'S A BENEFIT.

IT ALLOWS US TO GO FORWARD AND REPLACE IT WHEN THE REVENUE

COMES IN. >> ANOTHER QUESTION I HAD.

ON AT LEAST A COUPLE OF THOSE YEARS, YOU'RE SHOWING ASSESSMENT FOR STREET AND SIDEWALKS? WE TYPICALLY SHOW 25,000 ASSESSMENT EACH YEAR AND THAT IS TIED TO THE SIDEWALK WORK WHERE RESIDENTS CHOOSE TO NOT REPAIR THEIR SIDEWALKS THEMSELVES BUT THEY PIGGYBACK ON THE CITY'S CONTRACT AND WE BILL THEM FOR

THAT. >> OKAY.

SO THIS IS NOT A NEW ASSESSMENT FOR -- FOR NEW SIDEWALKS.

[01:50:03]

THIS IS NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY.

>> RIGHT. IT IS SOMETHING THAT WE'VE DONE THE WHOLE TIME WE'VE BEEN WITH THE CITY.

>> THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT, I JUST WANTED TO MAKE CERTAIN.

I DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THE POLITICAL BATTLE OF DOING AN ASSESSMENT ON REAL ESTATE TAXES, THAT'S NOT WORTH THE EFFORT.

ALSO FROM WHAT I CAN READ IN 2024, YOU DROPPED DOWN TO 50,000 DOLLARS IN NEW DEBT, AM I RIGHT THERE?

>> IN 2024, YES. IN 2024, ON THE PROJECTS, THE ONLY THING WE ANTICIPATE GOING INTO DEBT IS THE DESIGN OF THE WATER LINE ON PARK OVERLOOK BECAUSE WE'LL BUNDLE THE DESIGN WITH THE CONSTRUCTION THE NEXT YEAR SINCE THE WHOLE PROJECT IS BONDED. I'LL NOTE THE EQUIPMENT SIDE IN 2024 SHOWS A FIVE ENGINEER BEING BONDED.

THAT'S A MILLION DOLLAR PIECE OF EQUIPMENT.

>> THE FIRE ENGINE IS 725,000.

WE'RE ANTICIPATING OVER A MILLION DOLLARS.

>> I THINK THAT'S ALL I HAVE. >> ANYBODY ELSE HAVE QUESTIONS. GUESS I'M NOT HEARING ANY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR EXCELLENT PRESENTATION. THANK YOU MR. HURLY AND MR. BARTER FOR THE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU WERE BLE TO PROVIDE TO U. MR. GREISEN, ANYMORE CITY ISSUES

THAT YOU NEED TO BRING UP? >> YEAH.

JUST URNING IT OVER TO MR. HURLEY, YOU'RE INVITED TO AN EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY AND I WANT MR. HURLEY TALK ABOUT THAT FOR A MINUTE AND THEN ONE MORE THING.

>> THANK YOU. MEMBERS OF COUNCIL, I WANTED TO GIVE YOU A EADS-UP THAT THE BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN ADVISORY BOARD IS PLANNING TO HAVE AS PART OF THEIR AGENDA AT UPCOMING OCTOBER MEETING WHICH IS A WEEK FROM TONIGHT, OCTOBER 26TH AT 6 P.M., AN EDUCATIONAL SESSION ON BIKE BOULEVARDS, BIKE BOULEVARDS WERE PROMINENT IN THE BIKE AND PED MASTER PLAN.

THERE WAS SEVERAL QUESTIONS NOT ONLY FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS BUT EVEN FROM THE PUBLIC ABOUT -- ABOUT BIKE BOULEVARDS AND WHAT ARE THEY AND HOW CAN THEY BE APPLIED IN WORTHINGTON.

WE'VE BEEN WORKING TO LINE UP AN EDUCATIONAL SESSION.

THIS WON'T BE -- MAKING A RECOMMENDATION AND COMING TO CONCLUSIONS BUT JUST AN EDUCATIONAL SESSION.

WE HAVE LARRY WHO WAS FORMER APOINTED MEMBER OF THE BOARD WHO IS ALSO CONSULTANT AND ENGINEER. AND BRAD FROM THE CITY OF COLUMBUS COMING TO JUST O SOME SESSION INFORMATION FOR THE BOARD. SO OUR CHAIRS, KELLY WHELAN AND MIKE BATES WANTED TO INVITE YOU. SO I'LL SEND YOU VIA K A LINK TO THE MEETING. IT IS ICROSOFT TEAMS MEETING IF YOU LIKE TO LISTEN IN. WE'LL ALSO RECORD IT SO THAT IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO VIEW IT AT A LATER TIME.

SO JUST WANTED TO INVITE YOU AND WE'LL PROVIDE YOU THE AGENDA AND ALL OF THAT INFORMATION LATER ON THIS WEEK.

>> THANK YOU. WHILE YOU'RE STILL ON, WHAT IS THE UPDATE ON THE REPAIRS WITH THE SWIMMING POOL?

>> THE SWIMMING OOL IS NOW FULLY FUNCTIONAL.

THE PIPE HAS BEEN INSTALLED AND COVERED UP AND WE ERE ABLE TO RESUME THE HVAC FOR THE AIR TEMPERATURES IN THE POOL, SO -- SO WE'RE WORKING KIND OF SEE WHAT WE'LL BE ABLE TO NOW TRANSITION IN TERMS OF PROGRAMMING AND SCHEDULING BACK AT THE POOL. IT IS OPEN.

IT WILL NOT NEED TO CLOSE DOWN. AND WE'RE GLAD TO REPORT THAT

PROJECT IS WRAPPING UP. >> OKAY.

GREAT. GREAT.

>> OKAY MR. GREISEN. >> YES.

I JUST -- I THINK IT IS IMPORTANT FOR US TO TOUCH ON COVID REGULAR BASIS. I WANTED TO JUST SHARE THE NUMBERS FROM THE COLUMBUS PUBLIC HEALTH EPIDEMIOLOGICAL REPORT AS OF YESTERDAY WE WERE -- WE HAD 316 CONFIRMED CASES, 11 PROBABLE, SO WE'VE GROWN TO -- TO 327 CASES OVER TIME.

AND OBVIOUSLY THERE IS COMMUNITY SPREAD AND THERE'S THE COUNTY WIDE JURISDICTION AND THERE'S 3 OVER 32,000 CASES DURING THE

[01:55:05]

PANDEMIC. SO THAT'S MY WAY OF SAYING, LET'S REINFORCE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND WEARING OUR MASKS AND DOING OUR BEST TO -- TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID FURTHER. I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT.

>> I HAD A QUESTION ON THAT. IS IT -- THESE ARE CASES, THESE NEW CASES ARE UNRELATED TO THE NURSING FACILITIES AND THE CITY.

>> YEAH, I BELIEVE THAT'S THE CASE.

I DON'T KNOW IF -- IN ASSISTANT CHIEF CRAIG IS ON.

I BELIEVE HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN EARLIER AND NOT NOW.

YES, I BELIEVE THAT'S THE CASE. I THINK OUR NURSING FACILITIES ARE FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND GOTTEN IT UNDER CONTROL OR ARE DOING -- A GOOD JOB OR -- OR -- OUR DEATHS WHICH WERE LARGELY ATTRIBUTED TO -- TO LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES HAVE STAYED AT 42 AND THOSE FACILITIES 43 IN TOTAL.

AND HAVEN'T GROWN. SO WE BELIEVE THIS IS -- THIS IS -- THIS IS MOSTLY COMMUNITY SPREAD.

>> THEN FOLLOW-UP QUESTION. I KNOW THAT SENIOR CENTERS HAVE -- HAVE BEEN GRANTED THE ABILITY TO OPEN UP.

THERE'S A LOT OF REQUIREMENTS FOR THAT.

I JUST WONDERED IF YOU HAD -- HAD LOOKED AT THE REQUIREMENTS AND -- AND THOUGHT ABOUT WHEN THE GRISWOLD CENTER MAY BE

OPENING. >> YEAH, MR. HURLEY AND COLLEEN LIGHT, OUR MANAGER HAVE BEEN WORKING EXTENSIVELY ON THAT. YES, THERE'S A LOT OF REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING FREQUENT TESTING OF THEIR EMPLOYEES.

THEY EXPLORED A CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP TO HELP ACCOMMODATE THAT. I DON'T THINK THE -- I'LL LET MR. HURLEY SPEAK, BUT I DON'T THINK THE TERMINOLOGY WE'RE GOING TO USE IS OPENING BECAUSE T THAT MEANS ABILITY TO DROP IN AND HANG OUT, WHICH IN A COVID WORLD ISN'T THE CASE. I THINK WHAT WE'LL TALK ABOUT IS -- IS IN THE FUTURE IS STARTING TO OFFER PROGRAMS IN THE FACILITY IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE GUIDELINES.

MR. HURLEY. >> YEAH.

THANK YOU. WE ACTUALLY GOT SOME GOOD NEWS ON THAT TESTING UP FRONT IS THAT REQUIREMENT OF -- OF THE -- THE SCENE HAS CHANGED ON THE TERMS OF THE REQUIRED TESTING THAT IS SOMETHING THAT WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO EVALUATE WHETHER WE WANT TO FOLLOW THAT CHANGE OR NOT. I THINK WE'RE LOOKING AT RESUMING PROGRAMMING BECAUSE OF THE WAY THE GUIDELINES WORK, LIKE MR. GREISEN SAID, WE WON'T BE ABLE O OPEN THE DOORS FROM 8 TO 5 AND JUST HAVE NORMAL FLOW AND BUSINESS GO.

WE WOULD HAVE TO DO PREREGISTRATION AND DO PRECHECKS AND THINGS OF THAT NATURE. WITH THAT SAID, YOU KNOW, WE HAD A FEW PROGRAMS THAT SENIORS A THE THE COMMUNITY CENTER AND THINGS HAPPENING ON ZOOM. WE'RE ANXIOUS BECAUSE WE KNOW THAT THEY -- THEY NEED IT, BUT WE'RE AWARE OF THE RECENT SPIKE.

WE EVALUATE HOW DO WE FEEL ABOUT BRINGING PROGRAMS BACK IN THERE'S A SURGE IN THE COMMUNITY.

I KNOW WE'LL CONTINUE TO WORK WITH EACH OTHER AND WITH YOU ON THIS DATE AND HOW TO ROLL THAT OUT.

>> GREAT. >> I MIGHT ALSO JUMP IN AND ADD A LITTLE BIT, SINCE I OVERSEE THE COVID RSPONSE.

THIS TALKS ABOUT WHAT WE OUGHT TO DO FOR THE NEXT WAVE OF SERVICES. OUR MOST RECENT DISCUSSIONS HAVE BEEN THAT WE MAY WANT TO KIND OF TAKE A STEP BACK AND PAUSE WITH THE OLL OUT OF ADDITIONAL SERVICES OR PROGRAMS THAT WE MAY HAVE SUSPENDED BECAUSE OF FRANKLIN COUNTY GOING BACK TO LEVEL THREE IN THE RED CATEGORY FOR CASE -- FOR -- FOR CASE INCIDENTS. SO WE'RE STILL TALKING ABOUT HOW WE MIGHT WANT TO OPEN UP SOME ADDITIONAL PROGRAMMING BUT WE MAY PAUSE SOME OF THAT BECAUSE OF GOING BACK TO THAT LEVEL

THREE. >> I THINK THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE CONSIDERING THE TRENDS. I GUESS IN LINE WITH THAT, THINKING ABOUT PROGRAMMING, I'M CURIOUS IF YOU'VE OTTEN FEEDBACK FROM -- FROM PARTICULARLY OLDER DULTS WHO -- WHO USED TO PARTICIPATE IN PERSON.

YOU'RE OFFERING ONLINE VIRTUAL OPPORTUNITIES.

ARE THERE ANY CHALLENGE THAT YOU'VE HEARD FROM -- FROM MEMBERS BEING ABLE TO PARTICIPATE BECAUSE THINGS ARE

ONLINE? >> YEAH.

I WOULD HAVE TO LOOK -- LET MISS LIGHT SPEAK TO THAT MORE

[02:00:04]

SPECIFICALLY BUT I THINK IN GENERAL IT HAS BEEN POSITIVE AND AS WE EVOLVED FROM MARCH TILL NOW, OBVIOUSLY THE COMFORT LEVEL AND THE ABILITY TO DO THAT HAS -- HAS IMPROVED FOR THOSE THAT WEREN'T ALREADY COMFORTABLE AT THAT TIME.

THE STAFF DOES A GOOD JOB OF PROVIDING A VARIETY OF INFORMAL THINGS LIKE LUNCH WITH COLLEEN WHERE YOU GET ON AND KIND OF -- DO A LITTLE TIP ON THIS OR THAT. THERE ISN'T SO MUCH PRESSURE WHEN THERE'S A CLASS AND IT IS FAST MOVING AND SO FORTH.

YOU KNOW, JUST LIKE -- I THINK ANY OF THE FOLKS WE'VE BEEN WORKING WITH, I THINK THE SENIORS, SOME HAD CHALLENGE MORE THAN OTHERS. AND SOME HAD RESOURCES MORE THAN OTHERS. BUT IN GENERAL, WE'VE BEEN VERY POSITIVELY SURPRISED AT THE RESPONSE AND HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE PARTICIPATING VIA ZOOM AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY.

>> THAT'S GREAT. THANK YOU, I APPRECIATE THAT

UPDATE. >> OKAY.

ANYTHING ELSE? AS WE MOVE INTO THE COUNCIL COMMENTS, I WANTED O -- I NORMALLY DON'T START, BUT I'M GOING TO START WITH COUNCIL COMMENTS.

I KNOW THAT WE HAVE RECEIVED SOME -- SUBSTANTIAL NUMBER OF LETTERS REGARDING THE UNITED METHODIST CHILDREN'S HOME AND THE FOLLOWING OF A PROPOSAL. I KNOW THAT SOME OF YOU MAY HAVE QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS REGARDING THE APPLICATION.

I WAS TALKING WITH MR. GREISEN AND WE WERE TALKING ABOUT OUR -- SUGGESTING A WAY TO COORDINATE THESE.

THE FIRST THING I WANT TO MAKE SURE EVERYBODY UNDERSTANDS AND PEOPLE THAT WATCH OUR MEETING LATER, AS WELL AS THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE ON NOW, TO UNDERSTAND FIRST THIS IS AN APPLICATION FOR REZONING. THAT MEANS THAT STAFF RECEIVES THE APPLICATION, GIVES A THOROUGH REVIEW OF A PREPARES A STAFF REPORT. THAT'S STEP ONE.

STEP TWO, THE MPC RECEIVES THE STAFF REPORT.

HEARS COMMENTS FROM THE APPLICANT AND THE PUBLIC AND EVENTUALLY DEVELOPS RECOMMENDATION FOR CITY COUNCIL.

I EXPECT THE MATTER WILL BE CONSIDERED AT MULTIPLE MPC MEETINGS BEFORE IT EVER GETS NEAR CITY COUNCIL AND IF MPC WERE TO VOTE IT DOWN UNLESS THERE WAS AN APPEAL IT WOULDN'T MAKE IT TO CITY COUNCIL. A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE HINKING CITY COUNCIL CAN MAKE A DECISION ON THE PROJECT NOW.

THE PROCESS THAT WE HAVE IN OUR CODE IS THAT IT GOES THROUGH MUNICIPAL PLANNING COMMISSION AND THEN IF IT IS A RECOMMENDATION TO COUNCIL THAT'S OUR TURN THAT WE GET INVOLVED.

SINCE WE'RE AT THE FIRST STAGE OF THE PROCESS, I'M SUGGESTING COUNCIL COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS FOR MORE INFORMATION BE DIRECTED TO STAFF AND THE MPC.

THERE'S CERTAIN ITEMS THAT ARE IDENTIFIED FOR REVIEW UNDER THE CODE. HOWEVER, COUNCIL CAN TAKE ADDITIONAL ITEMS THAT THEY WANT STAFF AND THE MPC TO REQUEST AND CONSIDER DURING THE REVIEW. IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS EASIER AND -- AND -- AND TRY TO -- MAKE IT MORE COORDINATED, WE'RE ASKING CITY MANAGER HAS IDENTIFIED TOM LINDSEY AND ROBIN STEWART TO COLLECT COUNCIL QUESTIONS, COMMENTS AND REQUESTS.

SO IF THERE'S COUNCIL MEMBERS THAT WANT SOME SPECIFIC ITEMS CONSIDERED AS PART OF THE REVIEW PROCESS AT THE MPC LEVEL, PLEASE LET MR. LINDSEY OR MISS STEWART KNOW WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE.

THEY COULD CONSOLIDATE THEM TOGETHER SO WE CAN HAVE A CONSOLIDATED APPROACH, A CONSOLIDATION OF WHAT COUNCIL'S COMMENTS ARE. THERE MIGHT BE SEVERAL DIFFERENT PEOPLE COME IN WITH THE SAME -- SAME THINGS THEY LIKE TO SEE.

ONE I GUESS WOULD BE TRAFFIC. PEOPLE SAY THERE'S A REALLY GOOD TRAFFIC STUDY. SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES.

I SUGGEST IF MR. MYERS IS AVAILABLE TO WORK WITH HIM SINCE HE'S OUR LIAISON TO THE MPC. SO I'M JUST ASKING, PEOPLE HAVE THINGS THEY WANT TO SEE REVIEWED.

THEY WANT TO SEE MPC FOCUS ON WHEN THIS APPLICATION GOES THROUGH. THE APPLICANT HAS A RIGHT TO FILE AN APPLICATION AND HAVE OUR PROCESS FOLLOWED.

NOW NOBODY -- YOU KNOW, NONE OF US HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL THAT CAN SAY WHAT THE RECOMMENDATION AT THE END IS GOING TO BE.

THEY DO HAVE THE RIGHT AND THIS IS A VERY PIVOTAL PIECE OF PROPERTY AND THIS IS SOMETHING THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE VERY STRONG FEELINGS ON AND SO IT IS GOING TO TAKE A LOT OF MEETINGS AT THE MPC LEVEL BEFORE ANYTHING IS GOING TO GET TO A POINT OF ANY RESOLUTION OR COMING FORWARD TO US.

ANY QUESTIONS ON THAT? >> I HAD A QUESTION.

YOU TALKED ABOUT THAT PROCESS BUT -- I KNOW ANOTHER DEVELOPMENT PROPOSAL THAT WE'VE SEEN THAT THE DEVELOPER MEETS

[02:05:02]

WITH COUNCIL MEMBERS AND -- AND I ANTICIPATE THERE WOULD BE SOME POINT IN TIME WHERE THE DEVELOPER MAY REACH OUT.

OTHER SITUATIONS WE ORGANIZED THAT THROUGH CITY STAFF.

IS THAT PART OF THIS PROCESS? AND WHEN WOULD THAT BE IF IT IS?

>> MR. GREISEN, DO YOU WANT TO ANSWER ON THAT BECAUSE I -- LAST TIME WE TALKED ABOUT GENERAL DEVELOPMENT, IT WAS SOMEBODY THAT DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING IN FRONT OF THE CITY.

>> YEAH, I DON'T BELIEVE -- >> BUT AGAIN, WAS IT STAFFORD VILLAGE DID MEET WITH COUNCIL MEMBERS.

I'VE SEEN IT GO BOTH WAYS. >> I DON'T BELIEVE THE APPLICANTS ASKED FOR THAT AT THIS TIME.

>> MR. ROBINSON, YOU LIKE LIKE YOU WANT TO SAY SOMETHING.

>> TWO QUESTIONS, THE -- DID I HEAR YOU CORRECTLY THAT COUNCIL MEMBERS HAD QUESTIONS AND ARE REQUESTED TO SEND THOSE

QUESTIONS TO MR. LINDSEY? >> TO MISS STEWART.

>> WOULD THOSE QUESTIONS BE MADE PUBLIC?

>> YEAH, I THINK WHAT I'D LIKE -- WHAT I'D LIKE TO DO IS COLLECT THEM ND THEN YOU KNOW BRING THEM BACK TO THE FULL COUNCIL BECAUSE ULTIMATELY YOU KNOW, IF YOU ARE TO -- TO -- MISS MICHAEL RIGHTLY STATED THAT -- THAT THE COUNCIL OR THE MPC CAN ASK FOR -- IF THE APPLICANT TO FOR INSTANCE COMPLETE ADDITIONAL STUDIES OR YOU CAN THROUGH YOUR -- YOUR COUNCIL LIAISON ASK THE MUNICIPAL PLANNING COMMISSION TO EVALUATE ASPECTS OF THE APPLICATION. IT IS DIFFICULT FOR STAFF TO NAVIGATE SEVEN OF YOU, PROVIDING COMMENTS OR REQUESTING INFORMATION OR -- OR ASKING FOR -- FOR -- FOR A PARTICULAR STUDIES. WE NEED TO COLLECT ALL OF THOSE THOUGHTS IN AN ORGANIZED FASHION, COME BACK TO YOU AND SAY, IS -- YOU KNOW, IS THERE SOME PARTICULAR BODY OF WORK THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO PROVIDE TO THE MPC THROUGH YOUR LIAISON OR TO STAFF AS YOU KNOW WHAT PROCESS QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ANSWERED. ARE THERE TECHNICAL QUESTIONS THAT OU WOULD LIKE TO ANSWER? ARE THERE ASPECTS OF THE DEVELOPMENT THAT YOU THINK NEED HEIGHTENED REVIEW OR ADDITIONAL STUDIES. THOSE KIND OF THINGS NEED TO BE COLLECTED AND MAKE SURE THAT WE UNDERSTAND WHAT THE WILL F THE

COUNCIL IS IN THAT REGARD. >> THAT'S GOOD.

MY QUESTION IS PARTLY MOTIVATED BY THE THINKING THAT -- THAT -- THAT IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE PUBLIC KNOWS WHAT -- WHAT INDIVIDUAL COUNCIL MEMBERS ARE THINKING AS PER THEIR INVOLVEMENT IN THE PROCESS. IF YOU COULD MAKE THAT PUBLIC IN SOME MANNER, THAT WOULD BE DESIRABLE.

QUESTIONS MOVE FORWARD. >> WE TAKE A LOOK AT THAT.

>> YEAH. >> SECOND QUESTION, COULD YOU MAYBE FOR THE BENEFIT OF OLKS THAT WEREN'T LIVING HERE AND WERE PAYING SO MUCH ATTENTION BACK IN 2015 HOW THIS PROCESS DIFFERS FROM WHAT TRANSPIRED IN 2015.

>> FIRST OF ALL, 2015 THERE WAS NOT A -- NOT AN OFFICIAL PROPOSAL. THEY ASKED -- THEY HAD A MEETING AND THEY SAID, THESE ARE OUR THOUGHTS AND WHAT WE'RE THINKING OF DOING. THEY DIDN'T FORMALLY PUT IN AN APPLICATION. THIS TIME THEY HAVE FORMALLY PUT IN AN APPLICATION, SO THAT'S A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

AND SO THEY HAD A BIG MEETING. PEOPLE DIDN'T HIKE WHAT THEY SAW. AND -- AND WE HOSPITAL HEARD FROM THEM UNTIL NOW. NOW THE COMMUNITY HAS PUT IN AN APPLICATION AND THAT IS -- AND SO, ONCE -- SO THEY -- THEY NEED TO BE TREATED LIKE ANY OTHER APPLICANT IN THE SENSE THAT THEY APPLIED AND IT GOES THROUGH AT LEAST THE MEETINGS AND YOU KNOW, THROUGH A HEARING PROCESS AND THE PLANNING COMMISSION HEARS THEIR PROPOSAL, THE VIEWS OF THE PUBLIC.

THEY MAY GO BACK AND REVAMP THE PROPOSAL AND COME BACK IN WITH SOMETHING AFTER THEY RECEIVE COMMENT.

IT IS NOT UNUSUAL THAT THE DEVELOPER COMES TO A MEETING, VERY VAMPS AND CHANGES THEIR PLAN AND COMES BACK.

SO WE DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT THOSE ARE GOING TO BE.

THEY DID PUT A PROPOSAL AND FILE AN APPLICATION THIS TIME WHICH 3

THEY DID NOT DO IN 2015. >> MAYBE AS MPC LIAISON,

[02:10:13]

COULD MR. MYERS LEASE SPEAK TO US ABOUT WHAT CRITERIA ARE FOLLOWED FOR THE MPC TO NOT JUST TABLE BUT ACTUALLY REJECT A PROPOSAL. AT WHAT POINT COULD MPC REACH THAT CONCLUSION AND ON WHAT BASIS?

>> I THINK MPC COULD REACH THAT CONCLUSION AT ANY TIME IT FELT IT HAD SUFFICIENT INFORMATION TO MAKE THE DECISION.

THE PRACTICE AS PRESIDENT MICHAEL HAS OUTLINED HAS BEEN TO -- TO ACCEPT THE APPLICANT'S AND MPC WOULD AGAIN DELIBERATE AND THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE PROCESS, MPC WOULD SOLICIT COMMENTS, TYPICALLY CLOSER TO THE SECOND MEETING FROM THE PUBLIC.

AND THEIR REACTION TO THAT APPLICATION.

THAT PROCESS CAN TAKE MANY DIFFERENT TURNS DEPENDING ON -- ON -- ON HAD YOU THE APPLICANT WANTS TO CONTROL THIS PROCESS.

BUT MPC IF THEY BELIEVE THAT -- THAT -- THAT -- LET ME REPHRASE.

TYPICALLY THE APPLICANT WOULD REQUEST THAT AN APPLICATION BE TABLED, EITHER BECAUSE IT IS READY O BE VOTED ON AND THEY DON'T HAVE THE VOTES AS THE APPLICATION STANDS OR BECAUSE THEY MADE IT VERY CLEAR AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MEETING, THEY DON'T WANT A DECISION THAT NIGHT.

OR MPC COMMUNICATES THEY WON'T GIVE A DECISION THAT NIGHT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO WAIT FOR MORE COMMENT TYPICALLY FROM THE PUBLIC. THEY DON'T HAVE TO GRANT THAT MOTION FOR -- TO TABLE. AND SAME WAY IT WOULD BE IF COUNCIL, WE DO NOT HAVE TO TABLE AN ORDINANCE IF WE WANT TO VOTE ON IT THEN. IT IS MPC'S DISCRETION.

SAME IF IT CAME TO COUNCIL TO REZONE.

WE CONTROL THAT PROCESS HOWEVER WE SAW AS APPROPRIATE.

>> THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU MR. MYERS THAT WAS VERY HELPFUL. THE OTHER -- THE -- IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE IN THAT? IF NOT I GOT ANOTHER THING I

WANTED TO BRING UP. >> COUNCIL PRESIDENT, ARE YOU HOPING FOR THIS FOR -- BEFORE THE MEETING ON THE SECOND,

GENERALLY? >> AM I -- AM I LOOKING AT

WHAT? >> FOR THE COMMENTS, QUESTIONS OR FEEDBACK THAT YOU JUST DESCRIBED, WOULD IT BE HELPFUL TO GET THAT TO STAFF BEFORE THE MEETING ON THE SECOND?

>> YES. >> YES.

>> I WOULD -- I WOULD -- I WOULD SAY QUESTIONS OR -- PROCESS QUESTIONS. YOU KNOW AREAS THAT YOU BELIEVE NEED PARTICULAR STUDY OR FOCUS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU WOULD WANT THE MPC TO ASK FOR OR STUDIES THAT SHOULD BE REQUIRED. THAT'S THE TERMINOLOGY I WOULD USE AND I WOULD DEFER TO MR. BROWN, MAYBE I'M NOT USING THE RIGHT TERMINOLOGY TO SEE IF -- IF HAT'S - THAT'S HOW HE

WOULD PHRASE IT. >> IF I COULD, LEE, DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO ADD? WHAT WE'RE AIMING AT IS WHAT SUBSTANTIVE INFORMATION WOULD YOU ASK TO BE GATHERED OR HAVE THE MPC CONSIDER REVIEW IN ORDER TO -- IN ORDER TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY AND -- AND YOU CAN MAKE A GOOD DECISION AS WELL AS THE PUBLIC UNDERSTAND THE PROJECT AND ITS IMPACTS.

>> I THINK THAT'S WHAT I WAS GOING TO ADD.

I THINK AT THIS POINT, WE HAVE TO GO UNDER THE ASSUMPTION AND THIS IS ASSUMPTION, THAT THERE WILL BE A RECOMMENDATION FROM MPC THAT THE ZONING BE CHANGED. IF THAT IS THE RECOMMENDATION, WHICH AGAIN, THAT'S JUST SPECULATION AT THIS POINT BUT I THINK WE HAVE TO PROCEED THAT WAY.

[02:15:01]

WHAT INFORMATION WOULD YOU NEED AS A COUNCIL MEMBER TO APPROVE OR -- OR TO -- TO REJECT THAT RECOMMENDATION? AS OPPOSED TO OFFERING AN OPINION ON WHETHER AT THIS POINT BECAUSE IT IS NOT BEFORE US YET, I DON'T THINK WE CAN PREJUDGE IT, BUT WHAT INFORMATION DO WE NEED TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION IN IT WERE TO COME IN FRONT OF US AND WE HAVE A NICE LITTLE TRIAL RUN ON THAT WITH THE ARB SOLAR PANEL APPEAL.

YOU'RE GOING TO FIND OUT F IN THAT -- IF THAT RECORD WAS WELL DEVELOPED ENOUGH THAT YOU COULD MAKE A DECISION ON THE SOLAR PANELS. IT WOULD BE THE SAME THING ON THIS. IF YOU THINK YOU NEED INFORMATION, WHAT -- LET -- LET STAFF KNOW.

>> IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, YOU KNOW, IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO CALL US AND -- THERE'S -- THERE'S MANY THINGS THAT WE'RE REQUIRING AS PART OF THE PROCESS.

MR. BROWN? >> WE MENTIONED ASKING THE QUESTION. MR. MYERS, YOU JUST -- I THINK YOU SAID OUR PROCESS LOOKING AT A POSSIBLE EVENTUALITY OF MPC APPROVING THE REZONING REQUEST WOULD BE SIMILAR TO -- TO WHAT WE'RE GOING TO EXPERIENCE WITH HEARING THE APPEAL.

MY UNDERSTANDING IS THE -- THE APPEAL IS GOING TO BE A SEMI JUDICIAL FUNCTION OF OUR -- ON OUR PART WHEREAS IS NOT THE REQUEST FOR REZONING LEGISLATIVE? WE HAVE FAR GREATER DISCRETION IN HOW WE REACH OUR JUDGMENTS.

>> DON'T DISAGREE AT ALL. I WOULD PROBABLY BE ORE INCLINED TO CALL A REZONING REQUEST CLOSER TO A DE NOVO REVIEW BUT IT WOULD BE MUCH EASIER FOR US TO HAVE OUR RECORD DEVELOP TO THE POINT WHERE WE DIDN'T HAVE TO GO BACK AND ASK CAME TO US.NAL THINGS WHEN IT - WE HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY NOW AND LET'S FACE IT, MPC ASKS FOR THESE THINGS ALL THE TIME.

AND THEY'RE WELL VERSED IN HOW TO ASK AND HOW TO GET.

WE COULD MAKE OUR RECORD MORE COMPLETE.

YOU'RE RIGHT, THAT DOES NOT PROHIBIT US FROM STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN IF WE WANT TO. I DO THINKS IT DIFFERENT THAN AN APPEAL. I SAY THAT BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO SEE WHAT A DEVELOPED RECORD OUT OF ARB LOOKS LIKE WHEN YOU GO REVIEW AN APPEAL. IF IN THE EVENTUALITY MPC SENDS IT OUR WY, OUR -- CORRECT ME IF I'M THINKING ABOUT THIS IMPROPERLY. BUT IT SEEMS TO ME THAT COUNCIL'S JOB AT THAT POINT IN TIME IS NOT TO SIMPLY DETERMINE WHETHER WE THINK MPC OPERATED IN ACCORD WITH CODE OR COM PLAN.

I THINK WHEN IT COMES TO COUNCIL OUR JOB IS FAR BROADER IN TERMS OF PASSING LEGISLATION WHERE WE HAVE FAR GREATER DISCRETION TO MAKE AN ASSESSMENT AND JUDGMENT OUTSIDE OF SIMPLY JUDGING WHETHER COVID WAS CONFORMED WITH.

IS THAT -- >> I DON'T DISAGREE.

I ON'T DISAGREE. MY RESPONSE IS VERY PRAGMATIC.

IT IS NOT A REVIEW OR A LEGAL, IT IS PRAGMATIC.

IF WE WANT SPECIFICS IN A TRAFFIC STUDY OUT OF AN APPLICANT, IT WOULD MAKE A LOT MORE SENSE TO ASK THEM NOW WHETHER THEY'RE ENGAGED IN THE TRAFFIC STUDY THAN WAIT UNTIL IT GETS TO COUNCIL AND A WHOLE OTHER TRAFFIC STUDY.

THINGS WE REFINE UP FRONT IF WE THINK WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE GOING

TO WANT. >> OKAY.

WELL PUT. ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON THIS? THEN THE OTHER ONE I WANTED TO MENTION, WE RECEIVED INFORMATION REGARDING TERM LIMITS AND PROPOSAL FOR THAT. I BELIEVE THE GROUP HAS CONTACTED US REQUESTING COUNCIL PLACE A CHARTER AMENDMENT FOR TERM LIMITS ON THE BALLOT. I WANT TO ASK COUNCIL MEMBERS TO -- I SUGGEST YOU BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THIS REQUEST, REACH OUT AND CONTACT THE INDIVIDUALS AT HE'S ONE IF NOT SEVERAL OF THE INDIVIDUALS THAT ARE INVOLVED WITH THIS PROPOSAL.

AT A LATER TIME, I THINK IT MAKES SENSE FOR US TO -- TO DISCUSS WHETHER OR NOT IT IS NECESSARY FOR US TO HAVE A CHARTER REVIEW COMMISSION -- A CHARTER REVIEW COMMISSION AND THE CITY COUNCIL PUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS ON THE BALLOT OR IF WE FEEL LIKE THIS IS SOMETHING THAT THE INDIVIDUALS IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO GET IT ON THE BALLOT ARE VERY WELCOME TO GET THE SIGNATURES BUT I THINK I TALKED TO PEOPLE AND -- TALKED TO THEM

[02:20:03]

AND THEN AT A LATER TIME, I THINK WE NEED TO DISCUSS IT.

BUT RIGHT NOW WE'VE GOT REAL HEAVY DUTY THINGS, THIS IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS SO HOT IT HAS TO HAPPEN IGHT THIS MINUTE.

WE GOT OTS OF OTHER THINGS THAT ARE -- YOU KNOW, SOME OF THE ISSUES REGARDING POLICE ARE MUCH -- MUCH MORE TIMELY AT THIS MOMENT. SO I THINK AS WE FOCUS, BUT I WANT TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS HAS BEEN RECEIVED.

I ENCOURAGE MEMBERS TO REACH OUT AND DECIDE F YOU THINK WE NEED TO SET UP A CHARTER REVIEW COMMISSION WHICH WE NORMALLY ONLY DO EVERY TEN YEARS AND WE DID A FEW YEARS AGO.

NOT SURE WHERE PEOPLE ARE. I WANTED TO BRING THAT UP AND OUT AND SORT OF JUST, LET IT -- GET IT OUT THERE.

IT IS SOMETHING THAT I HOPE 3 PEOPLE TALK TO YOU ABOUT AND EVENTUALLY WE CAN RING IT BACK UP BUT RIGHT NOW, I THINK WE GOT REAL HOT TOPICS WE NEED TO SPEND OUR COUNCIL TIME ON.

ALL RIGHT. >> CLARIFYING POINTS ABOUT

THE LAST ISSUE. >> SURE.

IT HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I READ THE ORIGINAL E-MAIL.

DID THEY -- THEY PROPOSE OR ASK FOR A RESPONSE BY COUNCIL AT A CERTAIN DATE, NOT -- NOT THAT WE'RE OBLIGATED TO DO SO.

BUT DID THEY AND IT SEEMS TO ME THAT IT WOULD BE DESIRABLE FOR SOMEONE ON COUNCIL AND PERHAPS YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TO CONVEY TO THEM IF WE'RE IN THE GOING TO RESPOND BY THEIR REQUESTED TIME, WE WOULD DO SO BY A CERTAIN TIME, END OF YEAR OR WHATEVER IT MIGHT BE. THAT WOULD LET THEIR REQUEST RESPONSE DATE PASS WITHOUT COMMENT.

I THINK IT WOULD BE APPROPRIATE TO THINK ABOUT THAT AND RESPOND AT LEAST DIRECTLY TO THEIR REQUEST ABOUT DATES.

>> THAT'S -- THAT MAKES SENSE, MR. ROBINSON.

>> SECOND THING IS, I'M NOT SAYING I'M FOR OR AGAINST THEIR PROPOSAL. I RESPONDED GENERALLY FAVORABLY THAT I THINK A FORMULA COULD BE REACHED THAT WOULD BE DESIRABLE.

MY QUESTION RIGHT NOW IS WOULD WE ACTUALLY NEED TO FORM A 3 COMMISSION TO DO THIS. COULD THIS NOT BE DISCUSSED IN

[Reports of Council Members]

COUNCIL ITSELF WITHOUT A NEED TO CREATE A COMMISSION?

>> I THINK THAT'S A QUESTION THAT THE LAW DIRECTOR WILL HAVE

TO CHECK OUT AND GET BACK TO US. >> OKAY.

THANK YOU. >> BECAUSE EVERY TIME WE PUT SOMETHING IN THE 20 -- IN THE 20-PLUS YEARS AI'VE BEEN HERE, EVERY TIME SOMETHING FROM THE CITY IS ON THE BALLOT IS AS A RESULT OF THE COMMISSION REVIEW, CHARTER REVIEW.

THIS IS ONE WAY WE'VE DONE IT. THERE MAY BE OTHER WAYS TO DO IT. I THINK WE NEED TO GET THAT

LEGALLY CHECKED OUT CORRECTLY. >> OKAY.

FAIR ENOUGH. >> OKAY NOW I WAS GOING TO START WITH YOU MR. ROBINSON ON COUNCIL THING.

>> I THINK YOU COVERED THE BASES ON MY MIND.

NOTHING ELSE TO ADD MADAM PRESIDENT.

>> MISS DOROTHY? >> I HAVE NOTHING HANK YOU.

>> OKAY. MR. MYERS.

>> NOT A THING, THANK YOU. >> OKAY.

>> NOTHING. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

>> OKAY. MRS. KOWALCZYK.

>> I HAVE NOTHING. >> MR. BOOKER?

>> NOTHING TONIGHT. I DO HAVE THE LETTER HANDY,

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.